Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Woman rants against De Blasio targeting Jews
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 2:34 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/CF.....4em8u

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 2:38 pm
I think there's a lot of evidence that enough Jewish schools have not opened "beautifully".

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 2:55 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I think there's a lot of evidence that enough Jewish schools have not opened "beautifully".

Her point seemed to be that the covid police seem to be coming after frum neighborhoods even though there are several non frum neighborhoods that have worse outbreaks.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 3:00 pm
The outbreak is real, but that doesn't make de Blasio less of an anti-Semite.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 3:01 pm
The problem is her data is from about 2 weeks ago. A lot can change in 2 weeks. Maybe now those few communities are the main hotspots? I didn't check the website she shared for an update.

elisheva25

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 3:02 pm
I don’t know if he is for sure targeting on purpose or that we have a higher rise, it’s not yet 100% clear
But I think it’s important to note, Deblasio father is of German descent .

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Her point seemed to be that the covid police seem to be coming after frum neighborhoods even though there are several non frum neighborhoods that have worse outbreaks.

I think there is data that there is a disproportionate increase in frum ZIP codes and that the frum communities have a lot more communal/mass events/denser populations/more gathering/lax use of precautions at all of the above and in stores, etc.

We can take it as an insult or as a gift and work within the system to keep our schools open as much as possible. I think the latter will be more productive.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 4:00 pm
The fact is the frum zipcodes had very few cases during the summer and now theres a huge increase accordingly. We had many large weddings with no precautions. We now have all our schools open, whereas public schools are closed. We are still not sd or masking. So, pray tell, why is Deblasio antisemitic in this situation?

While he allowed protests, that does not change the fact that we have an uptick and were not adhering to precautions to avoid the spread.

It would behoove all of us to save screaming antisemitism when it actually is antisemitism. Anyone remember the story of the boy who cried wolf!?!

chestnut

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 9:32 pm
While de Blasio is a big putz, she is fooling herself and others with that rant. Numbers don't lie, she chose to look at overall numbers from March, not the latest numbers over the past month. Just because Darchei, her son's school, was probably following the rules, doesn't mean that all BP, Williamsburg, and Flatbush schools did.
Screaming antisemitism now is beyond stupid.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
The outbreak is real, but that doesn't make de Blasio less of an anti-Semite.

This should be on posters all over NYC.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 9:39 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
I don’t know if he is for sure targeting on purpose or that we have a higher rise, it’s not yet 100% clear

From what I understand, all these new rules are coming from someone of Jewish descent....

Sweet as Pie

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 9:48 pm
elisheva25 wrote:

I saw from my house a reporter interviewing a Jewish woman today on yom kipper with rv camera rolling. She wasn’t wearing a mask
I then saw how afew non Jews passed by without masks and they didn’t stop them for an interview. Apparently they only stop jews

Sweet as Pie

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 9:49 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
The fact is the frum zipcodes had very few cases during the summer and now theres a huge increase accordingly. We had many large weddings with no precautions. We now have all our schools open, whereas public schools are closed. We are still not sd or masking. So, pray tell, why is Deblasio antisemitic in this situation?

While he allowed protests, that does not change the fact that we have an uptick and were not adhering to precautions to avoid the spread.

It would behoove all of us to save screaming antisemitism when it actually is antisemitism. Anyone remember the story of the boy who cried wolf!?!

I blame the isreali misheluchim that came here recently for the uptick

Reality

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 9:57 pm
Sweet as Pie wrote:
I saw from my house a reporter interviewing a Jewish woman today on yom kipper with rv camera rolling. She wasn’t wearing a mask
I then saw how afew non Jews passed by without masks and they didn’t stop them for an interview. Apparently they only stop jews

Ugh!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 10:07 pm
chestnut wrote:
While de Blasio is a big putz, she is fooling herself and others with that rant. Numbers don't lie, she chose to look at overall numbers from March, not the latest numbers over the past month. Just because Darchei, her son's school, was probably following the rules, doesn't mean that all BP, Williamsburg, and Flatbush schools did.
Screaming antisemitism now is beyond stupid.

So let's talk facts.

What exactly is the criteria for closing a school? Is it infection rate in a neighborhood? Is it positive cases within the school?

One thing is clear. Back in April, when Covid was far worse than it is now, AND we did not have an idea of its affect on children, De Blasio was very reluctant to close the board of ed. He went on and on about the importance of in person learning, and parents have jobs outside, and the schools can't close. Fast forward to today, the NYC public schools are closed and it seems the arguments that De Blasi was making on behalf of the public schools back in April, don't apply to the many thousands of students who attend private school.

Many speculate that (aside from De Blasio being an anti semite) it's a jealousy issue. Meaning he can't get his act together and get the public schools going. It's embarrassing for everyone to see that the private schools are running just fine. So he makes excuses to close the private schools to save face.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:19 pm
Williamsburg has a much lower infection rate then a lot of other zip codes. He is very obviously targeting Jewish neighborhoods

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:22 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Williamsburg has a much lower infection rate then a lot of other zip codes. He is very obviously targeting Jewish neighborhoods

The increase in positive results is alarmingly high. In most other places (besides the ones listed) it has been holding steady or declining.

I also know for a fact that these numbers are far from reality due to deliberate test suppression by the community. I have seen the ads and posters dissuading people from testing. I myself had to insist on a test at a local clinic.

The city leadership may be incompetent, but sometimes they aren't stupid.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:24 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
The increase in positive results is alarmingly high. In most other places (besides the ones listed) it has been holding steady or declining.

I also know for a fact that these numbers are far from reality due to deliberate test suppression by the community. I have seen the ads and posters dissuading people from testing. I myself had to insist on a test at a local clinic.

The city leadership may be incompetent, but sometimes they aren't stupid.

People don't seem to understand that the government can test the wastewater and get a pretty good idea of what percentage the infection rate is. Pretending they don't have covid by avoiding tests only makes us look like morons.

chestnut

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:30 pm
Sweet as Pie wrote:

Press went to BP and Williamsburg to see men praying. They interviewed Jewish women about those men praying (without masks). It wasn't about that woman walking without a mask

chestnut

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:40 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
So let's talk facts.

What exactly is the criteria for closing a school? Is it infection rate in a neighborhood? Is it positive cases within the school?

One thing is clear. Back in April, when Covid was far worse than it is now, AND we did not have an idea of its affect on children, De Blasio was very reluctant to close the board of ed. He went on and on about the importance of in person learning, and parents have jobs outside, and the schools can't close. Fast forward to today, the NYC public schools are closed and it seems the arguments that De Blasi was making on behalf of the public schools back in April, don't apply to the many thousands of students who attend private school.

Many speculate that (aside from De Blasio being an anti semite) it's a jealousy issue. Meaning he can't get his act together and get the public schools going. It's embarrassing for everyone to see that the private schools are running just fine. So he makes excuses to close the private schools to save face.

You want to talk facts? Sure! That was exactly my point that the woman in the OP was saying the mayor was targeting frum areas talking about increases while plenty of non Jewish areas had higher or sane numbers. Not true as she was looking at wrong tables (positives since March vs the past few weeks).
In regards to schools, as far as I know, the criteria for closing schools is 2 positives in different classes. We can argue how much sense it makes, but once this is the rule, then we can't cry antisemitism if Jewish schools are closed when there ARE 2 positives in different classes. When public schools reopen, I can bet they'll have 2 positives in no time also.
Iirc de Blasio closed schools in march, but yes, he wasn't in a rush. Granted, we all thought back then it'll be over in a few weeks.
It also makes sense that Jewish schools overall prepared for September much better than public schools. Non religious private schools are also well prepared.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics