Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Migraines and fasting

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:20 pm
Anyone else get debilitating migraines from fasting? I was already in my bed by 11 am with an awful migraine.
What do you do besides for sleeping it off?
I dont drink coffee so this is not from lack of caffeine.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone else get debilitating migraines from fasting? I was already in my bed by 11 am with an awful migraine.

Tylenol suppositories

realsilver

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes.
I was deathly sick after tisha bav , but this time I took Hourly release caffeine and double dose of Advil. It was literally the best fast I’ve had in years!
Note that the caffeine gives a boost for the Advil to work. When I take Advil any time I get a migraine , it won’t always work right away, but taking a coffee together with Advil will work more times than not.

Feel good!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:31 pm
realsilver wrote:
Yes.
I was deathly sick after tisha bav , but this time I took Hourly release caffeine and double dose of Advil. It was literally the best fast I’ve had in years!
Note that the caffeine gives a boost for the Advil to work. When I take Advil any time I get a migraine , it won’t always work right away, but taking a coffee together with Advil will work more times than not.

Feel good!
As I said in my OP, I dont drink caffeine (coffee) so this migraine had nothing to do with the lack of caffeine in my body. It was more to do with the lack of hydration.

realsilver

Post Mon, Sep 28 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As I said in my OP, I dont drink caffeine (coffee) so this migraine had nothing to do with the lack of caffeine in my body. It was more to do with the lack of hydration.

I know. That’s why I specified that caffeine in general makes Advil work better. I recently weaned myself off coffee also, but I took caffeine because I know regular Advil doesn’t work for my migraines.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:14 am
Yes. I get them. It's from the dehydration. AYLOR about drinking in shiurim, especially if (like me) the migraines are keeping you from being able to take care of your children. Being able to stay semi-hydrated has made all the difference in the world for me on YK.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:27 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Yes. I get them. It's from the dehydration. AYLOR about drinking in shiurim, especially if (like me) the migraines are keeping you from being able to take care of your children. Being able to stay semi-hydrated has made all the difference in the world for me on YK.

Same for me. I've ended up in urgent care on IV several times after YK and TB due to dehydration. now I drink in shiurim to avoid this.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:34 am
Klitzom supposedly have something that mimics caffeine

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:21 am
Caffeine and Advil by mouth or suppositories?

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:26 am
I get migraines. I stayed on my couch all day. Air conditioning on really cold helps me as does not moving. I gave my kids things to do, when I had to get up I walked as slow as I could.

I forgot to ask if I can take an ice pack to my neck- sometimes that helps. I think for Tisha B'av I was told yes but forgot to ask YK. Ask your Rav.

Oh, and sleeping it off (and promising the kids a prize if they rested or played super quietly in their rooms) works.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note