Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Advice on which school /Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:42 am
I need some advice. My daughter is coming out of a therapy school in Lakewood and wanna apply to school.

I'm Chasidish. I'm not looking for chasidish bec I need the right fit for her. She needs the smallest class size there is. With very open minded type of teachers that have lots of experience. She is in therapy now and if she's not gonna have the right fit she will fall back. She has gone very far in therapy. She highly anxious.

I don't mind a yeshivish crowd I know she needs the right environment to thrive.

So in short she needs a principle and teachers who know of children who need more attention and are willing to work with me.

Which schools are known for that?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 2:44 am
Also I definitely don't mind a school that's heimish crowd that's not my most important thing I'm just open to hearing which school fits the bill for my daughter

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:06 am
What grade is your daughter in? I personally don’t have kids in schools yet so I can’t help you figure it out but it wasn’t clear how old your daughter is and I would think that makes a difference- HS, elementary, etc.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 3:28 am
No such mainstream school exists. It seems to me you’d be best off having a shadow there to support her.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:40 pm
My daughter is going into first grade

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 1:46 pm
Would a self contained class work? There is a school in Lakewood made of self contained classes that are part of other schools. So each school has a couple such classes as part of their school. And the girls are together for recess and assemblies.

I dont know what theyre called or how to get in touch with them. I know my dds school has a few of those classes in their school.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:33 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
Would a self contained class work? There is a school in Lakewood made of self contained classes that are part of other schools. So each school has a couple such classes as part of their school. And the girls are together for recess and assemblies.

I dont know what theyre called or how to get in touch with them. I know my dds school has a few of those classes in their school.

My friend has a dd in such a class. But from what I understand, the kids there have academic difficulties only. If her dd is fine academically, this doesnt dound like the solution.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 12:49 am
OP, will your daughter be getting support through any agency once shes in school? If she is then its important for you to find a school who is willing to have outside support come in to school every day. A lot of the smaller, newer schools arent so comfortable with that. In some situations you might be better off with the larger, more established schools that are usually more easygoing with outside support.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:39 pm
My daughter is in Beis Hachinuch. The class size seems to be small enough and school staff are really caring. I do think though you will need someone there to support your daughter with the transition at least at the beginning. Is getting her support in the classroom possible? I think you should be willing to offer that to the school before applying.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:50 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
My friend has a dd in such a class. But from what I understand, the kids there have academic difficulties only. If her dd is fine academically, this doesnt dound like the solution.

It's called mekor hachinuch and they also have a track for kids with social / behavioral struggles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries