Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What kind of top under blue velvet jumper for little girl ?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:42 am
grey and navy look really nice - you could do gray ribbed turtleneck + gray tights with black shoes

but really black goes the best...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Black but honestly I only like white tights for Shabbos things without a minhag especially lace white tights.

Do you live in town?

nchr

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:29 am
I would look for an off white top (fitted with a nice ruffle turtle neck) with blue (or even brown, gray, red) squares, lines, polka dots etc. in a different thicker fabric. I like off white tights but I know it is considered nebby now so you can do black with the shoes. If you can only find a plain white top go rather with black.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:31 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Do you live in town?

Yes and I get constant compliments on my clothes. I wear only designer etc but I don't like the look of black tights on kids for dress up and it's not done in the secular world really either so it's just a frum fashion issue. You have to be confident to do it and would never tell someone to so yeah OP should do black even though it's definitely not considered the first choice in secular world.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:35 am
What about a pink top with pink tights?

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:35 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Yes and I get constant compliments on my clothes. I wear only designer etc but I don't like the look of black tights on kids for dress up and it's not done in the secular world really either so it's just a frum fashion issue. You have to be confident to do it and would never tell someone to so yeah OP should do black even though it's definitely not considered the first choice in secular world.

Secular world?? No, we have our own fashion rules. People in the community look socially off if they look secular.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:38 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Secular world?? No, we have our own fashion rules. People in the community look socially off if they look secular.

For most people that's true which is why I wouldn't recommend it, but 5% can pull it off if everything else is in line. Trust me. There are exception but I'd never recommend it to someone.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:41 am
I think white tights look fine, esp on a little girl.

But I live in E"Y, not "in town" (LOL). Black tights, white tights... I don't think anybody would give it a second thought around here and I'm glad.

pause

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:43 am
I would do a nice white ruffly shirt or turtleneck and black tights.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

We're not secular and we don't make are clothing choices according to the secular world. If we dress like in the secular world, we look secular.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:47 am
We're not secular and we don't make are clothing choices according to the secular world. If we dress like in the secular world, we look secular.

Then don't shop at Klade etc since they are all selling clothes from secular companies. Also don't wear in style colors. Don't buy bugaboo or wear Ferragamo shoes. All secular.

mizle10

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:01 am
Definitely black ribbed turtleneck with black tights!!

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:06 am
DrMom wrote:
I think white tights look fine, esp on a little girl.

But I live in E"Y, not "in town" (LOL). Black tights, white tights... I don't think anybody would give it a second thought around here and I'm glad.

These conversations make me so crazy and remind me I shouldn’t click on these topics but I can’t help myself.

White tights? Black tights? They only matter to you if they matter to you. I very much live ‘in town’ (NYC) but I don’t care about what others do or what others think. If my child matches, her clothes fit and her cloths are clean that’s all that matters to me. I don’t live in a mindset of horror over white tights with black shoes and reserve my horror for those who are horrified over such things.

But again I shouldn’t be clicking on these threads.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:12 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Then don't shop at Klade etc since they are all selling clothes from secular companies. Also don't wear in style colors. Don't buy bugaboo or wear Ferragamo shoes. All secular.

I think you know what I meant to say. But clothing from non jewish companies, doesn't mean that we dress secular. You can't mistake a secular women that's dressed in the height of fashion for a jewish women. A secular women can wear the same dress a frum women wears but she won't look frum. We generally don't wear the dress the way it's meant to be, we frum-ize our clothing.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:13 am
OP, I think you should post a pic of the dress so we can give you a better idea. It really depends on the style of the dress.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:16 am
Black ribbed shell and black ribbed tights. My girls got brown jumpers and thats what shell station said to do. You can bring jumpers to shell station. You can try to find exact match blue shell and see how that looks

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:18 am
It’s funny to read this thread. I also have a navy jumper for my two year old and I could not figure out what to put with it.
Love reading the halachos on tights , shoes etc. People take these things so seriously. I hope nobody will fall off their chairs when you read this, but I put on white ruffled socks and black patent Mary Janes on my daughter today ...gasp! Hope the ticket from the fashion police wont burn a hole in my pocket. After all, I need to go buy off white cable tights, black, maybe gray and of course all the tops to match , because otherwise ....

Last edited by thunderstorm on Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:20 am
thunderstorm wrote:
It’s funny to read this thread. I also have a navy jumper for my two year old and I could not figure out what to put with it.
Love reading the halachos on tights , shoes etc. People take these things so seriously. I hope nobody will fall off their chairs when you read this, but I put on white ruffled socks and black patent Mary Janes on my daughter today ...gasp! Hope the ticket from the fashion police wont burn a hole in pocket. After all, I need to go buy off white cable tights, black, maybe gray and of course all the tops to match , because otherwise ....

Socks is not tights. It's a different look.
I'd put on white short socks but not white tights.
Not everyone cares, but I guess OP does because she asked the question. There's nothing wrong with caring about these things.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:22 am
Socks is not tights. It's a different look.
I'd put on white short socks but not white tights.
Not everyone cares, but I guess OP does because she asked the question. There's nothing wrong with caring about these things.
Where in my post did I say that there is something wrong with caring about these things? It’s just funny reading the thread and everyones passionate opinions on fashion.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:24 am
Funny, I also have navy kidichic jumpers I bought on sale for my girls are the end of last winter, and I'm wondering what to do with them. They have gray trimming so I'm thinking gray ribbed turtlenecks but don't know what to do about tights...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics