Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Weddings during lockdown

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:08 am
how does this work
my son is supposed to get married right after succos in Israel
both the chasan and kallah don't live in the same city
how does this work to make the wedding?
we really don't want to push it off

banana123

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:09 am
Are they Israeli? Where are they located now?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:11 am
Mazal tov! Assuming that the seger is lifted, they can travel. The number of guests will of course still be restricted.

banana123

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:12 am
I think it's safe to assume that the seger will not be lifted immediately after Sukkot.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:18 am
banana123 wrote:
I think it's safe to assume that the seger will not be lifted immediately after Sukkot.
Was there not a time frame for this sefer? Sad

banana123

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:22 am
There was. At least until after Sukkot, possibly longer, depending on the numbers.

Success10

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:25 am
No, there's no way they are lifting it after Succos. Numbers have probably doubled since they called for the lockdown in the first place.

Now, they have smart people with calculators on staff and they KNEW that would happen, but that's another story.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:27 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Was there not a time frame for this sefer? Sad

Not really. They've been kicking around exit criteria such as the % of positive tests is <7%, or <10%,
or the number of daily cases is <1000 (I wish...)

Whichever criterion they choose, we are getting further away, not closer, to it.

The number of daily cases has not started to decline yet (I look at weekday non-YT results only).

In fact, with recent (illegal) Rosh Hashanah gatherings and C+ yeshiva bochers coming home from yeshiva this week, plus persistent large non-SD protests, it will probably get worse before the holidays are over.

banana123

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:29 am
Well of course they knew it would happen, but they didn't want to say outright that it would have to be longer. They wanted to leave options open.

Plus, in all honesty, if people had been smart on RH, then the numbers would be dropping now, not rising.

Success10

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:31 am
DrMom wrote:
Not really. They've been kicking around exit criteria such as the % of positive tests is <7%, or <10%,
or the number of daily cases is <1000 (I wish...)

Whichever criterion they choose, we are getting further away, not closer, to it.

The number of daily cases has not started to decline yet (I look at weekday non-YT results only).

In fact, with recent (illegal) Rosh Hashanah gatherings and C+ yeshiva bochers coming home from yeshiva this week, plus persistent large non-SD protests, it will probably get worse before the holidays are over.

This isn't really the right thread for this, but why is there NO enforcement this time around? Why are they doing this in a fashion that will make it shlep on and on? Are they just doing this to be yotzei politically?

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:33 am
Success10 wrote:
This isn't really the right thread for this, but why is there NO enforcement this time around? Why are they doing this in a fashion that will make it shlep on and on? Are they just doing this to be yotzei politically?

No idea. I wish people would take responsibility for their own actions and follow the law, but that seems to be another issue.

Success10

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:38 am
DrMom wrote:
No idea. I wish people would take responsibility for their own actions and follow the law, but that seems to be another issue.

If people always followed the law, there would be no need for law enforcement.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:06 am
will they let people leave for a wedding?
if we keep it to the 20?

banana123

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:07 am
Best to call Pikud Haoref and ask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics