Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Does Anyone Else ....

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:39 am
I often have a song going through my head. An "earworm" if you will.

Today, though, its Viduy. I'm still confessing my sins as I work.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:47 am
Chamol al masecha has been in my head since erev Yom Kippur!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:56 am
Oh my goodness! The Modzitz Ein Kitzvah literally every single year. Me and DH usually wind up serenading whatever family we go to for Succot with it at every opportunity. This year we'll have to serenade ourselves.

Mar'eh kohen joined the lineup when I got married - the women in my family would always leave shul after kedusha and the first year we went to DH's side was the first year I was every in shul for it.

I haven't heard the nusach for leining I grew up with in a while, but occasionally that pokes its head in.

Hineni sometimes on repeat.

And because my former shul used Avinu Malkeinu for Hayom Harat that gets stuck too.

Of course, this year was different though. But Ein Kitzvah stays in as an earworm no matter what.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:01 am
Where I davened, the shaliach tzibbur did the "10 Martyrs" to the tune of "The Place Where I Belong" (aka "The Torah Song" and OMG it was so perfect and I got all the feels. It is the PERFECT tune for this. And now it is stuck in my head.

windchime

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:02 am
אוחילה לקל on a good day... such a beautiful composition by Rabbi Hillel Plai

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:03 am
Oh yeah I have a few now...

Omriem kadosh, omriem baruch .... kadosh u' baruch... And Ve'al chet..

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:09 am
For a week and a half before YT I couldn't get rid of a certain kiddie song that I never really knew, haven't thought about since I was five, and for some unknown reason thought of and looked up to listen to on YouTube. Since then I couldn't get rid of it, but YK got rid of it. Till now. You just reminded me and it's back. Ugh.

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:02 am
Haha, my husband and I were both humming selichot last night. I'm not sure if the Ashkenazi way is different, but the Sephardic tune is extremely catchy and we've been saying it all month so it's a total earworm now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur