Home

A solution to covid for pro-maskers and anti-maskers

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:29 am
Ok, we all know we are divided on the issue of wearing masks and taking precautions and some of it is probably due to lack of proper knowledge on both sides. Iately cases have risen and we are in the news and the whole world is looking at us. Obviously we can’t convince each other to join the other side, but we all want the same outcome at the end of the day. No deaths, mild sickness or non at all, schools and should open, being able to reunite with friends and family safely, secure income. Remaining mentally and emotionally healthy as well. Did I miss anything? Really we can only theorize how to make this happen and what the best solution is, which is probably why we are so divided. But Hashem knows what is best, so let’s daven TOGETHER. I’m sure everyone has been davening, but let’s join forces, make a group and invite people. Who’s in? Hooray (I don’t know how to go about doing this but I’m sure someone could help)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 10:53 am
I’Am disappointed...to many posts about covid and hate and antisemitism and not one person here.



Bumping
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 10:59 am
Probably most of the fighting is on social media such as imamother. If someone makes me feel uncomfortable for my choices IRL, I can usually either avoid them or the subject. If I choose to discuss it here, we are all in agreement with having a discussion, even though we different viewpoints.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’Am disappointed...to many posts about covid and hate and antisemitism and not one person here.



Bumping

I think because we are unsure of what type of responses you want here!
Back to top

amother




Seagreen
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:04 am
OP are you suggesting we divide tehilim? Or brainstorm together for other options?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:25 am
divide tehilim, let Hashem plan
Back to top

amother




Pink
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok, we all know we are divided on the issue of wearing masks and taking precautions and some of it is probably due to lack of proper knowledge on both sides. Iately cases have risen and we are in the news and the whole world is looking at us. Obviously we can’t convince each other to join the other side, but we all want the same outcome at the end of the day. No deaths, mild sickness or non at all, schools and should open, being able to reunite with friends and family safely, secure income. Remaining mentally and emotionally healthy as well. Did I miss anything? Really we can only theorize how to make this happen and what the best solution is, which is probably why we are so divided. But Hashem knows what is best, so let’s daven TOGETHER. I’m sure everyone has been davening, but let’s join forces, make a group and invite people. Who’s in? Hooray (I don’t know how to go about doing this but I’m sure someone could help)


That’s a great idea, meanwhile our rabbonim and gedolim are all advising to take the mask and sd advice seriously and do it. Not doing it means you’re going against daas Torah.
Back to top

amother




White
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:37 am
The thing everyone seems to miss here in NY, is that both sides are right. Its not actually a contradiction. We have a high number of cases, which needs to be brought under control. We have corrupt, useless, political leadership who seem to be acting antisemitic.

Maybe we need to deal with this systematically, with priorities first.

In my opinion, first on the agenda would be to bring this virus under control so we can save lives, stay healthy, open our s hools, keep businesses open and get back to our normal routines. In order for that to happen, we need to start being compliant with the rules, whether they make sense to you or not. Namely, wear masks anytime you are in crowded areas, sd, stay home if you're sick.

Once we are at the stage where we are back to regular life, we will better be able to tackle the issue with antisemitism. We have askanim, lawyers, rabbinom. Well get our leaders together and work on it.

Right now, while it may be true that there's antisemitic bias, you will not get anywhere by not complying with the rules while scream antisemitism. All anyone in the media, General population see and hear is our numbers are up and theres noncompliance.

Stop the spread and then you'll better be able to concentrate on the issue of antisemitism.

Common sense, anyone?!?
Back to top

amother




Seagreen
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:47 am
Tehilim sounds great. We can do perek by perek or Yom?
Back to top

avrahamama




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:55 am
I think there is a website tehilim yachad. OP want to start a link for it and set the intention?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:26 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
That’s a great idea, meanwhile our rabbonim and gedolim are all advising to take the mask and sd advice seriously and do it. Not doing it means you’re going against daas Torah.
talking to each other about it isn’t going to do anything but divide us, daven for covid,torah and let Hashem control the problem. We man can only theorize. I doesn’t matter who is right, let Hashem handle it.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:28 pm
avrahamama wrote:
I think there is a website tehilim yachad. OP want to start a link for it and set the intention?
ok, do you know website
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Oct 06 2020, 5:16 pm
avrahamama wrote:
I think there is a website tehilim yachad. OP want to start a link for it and set the intention?
I found the website, what should the intent be. Refuah of klal Israel in guf (corona patients), mind (those suffering mentally due to corona) , and neshama (everyone)? And for Talmud Torah (learning to go on strong)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Oct 08 2020, 7:30 pm
Here is the link, even if you are not interested, please share it with anyone you can. hopefully this little message will have a big impact Thumbs Up

https://new.tehilimyahad.com/m.....3lqMV
Back to top

Thisisnotmyreal




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 08 2020, 7:49 pm
Thank you!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Oct 09 2020, 9:24 am
No thank you Very Happy
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Are mikvehs regular during covid?
by amother
0 Yesterday at 11:52 pm View last post
Covid during pregnancy and nerve damage....
by amother
5 Yesterday at 6:43 pm View last post
What did your teen take for Covid?
by amother
9 Yesterday at 3:57 pm View last post
Responsibility to notify of covid exposure
by amother
66 Yesterday at 12:42 pm View last post
How do you envision COVID ends?
by amother
27 Sun, Nov 22 2020, 12:00 am View last post