Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why I don’t trust the system
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:32 am
actually know someone who took a strep culture and then got a call that they were positive for covid. I know someone else who didn’t go to the doc and got a call that they are covid positive!
And I’m supposed to believe The testing is good. What happened to people getting sick that hasn’t existed since covid started. My husband gets sick 2x a year with a hacking cough fever runny nose etc now would be covid.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:33 am
Blah blah blah blah. More excuses to ignore the rules. Blah blah blah.

That’s all I read.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:35 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Blah blah blah blah. More excuses to ignore the rules. Blah blah blah.

That’s all I read.

Blah blah blah blah. More excuses to ignore legitimate questions about the system. Blah blah blah.

That’s all I read.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:36 am
I agree with you OP!! I also heard such stories!! They're recording positive strept cultures as positive covid cases. The system is rigged, the government will say and do as they please no matter how much pre caution we take.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I agree with you OP!! I also heard such stories!! They're recording positive strept cultures as positive covid cases. The system is rigged, the government will say and do as they please no matter how much pre caution we take.

Is the system rigged? Or are urgent cares etc. swamped and putting in the positive results under the incorrect tests?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:41 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Is the system rigged? Or are urgent cares etc. swamped and putting in the positive results under the incorrect tests?

System totally rigged, it’s happening all over not just one or two places.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:41 am
I don't trust the system but it is always foolish to rely on anecdotal evidence.

Do you think strep tests are 100% accurate? What about pregnancy tests?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:42 am
thunderstorm wrote:

I've heard this happen at regular doctors offices, not at Urgent cares. 3 of my neighbors kids have strept. They didn't even take a covid test but they got a call from the state regarding their covid positive test. Their positive strept culture was reported as positive covid test. I heard this from afew people.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:43 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I don't trust the system but it is always foolish to rely on anecdotal evidence.

Do you think strep tests are 100% accurate? What about pregnancy tests?

Seriously they ain’t nearly as bad as covid tests. You don’t get a call you have strep when a test wasn’t even taken.

Success10

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
System totally rigged, it’s happening all over not just one or two places.

The system is flawed. Not rigged.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:48 am
OP, yes the system has human error in it , so these things do happen from time to time, but it’s a minority. Most of the system and most of the testing goes according to plan. Doesn’t make sense to throw out something that works 98% of the time just because there are some errors, there are always errors. But without the system and following the guidance from someone who knows more about the virus than we do , then our error would be way more than the system error. Study

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
OP, yes the system has human error in it , so these things do happen from time to time, but it’s a minority. Most of the system and most of the testing goes according to plan. Doesn’t make sense to throw out something that works 98% of the time just because there are some errors, there are always errors. But without the system and following the guidance from someone who knows more about the virus than we do , then our error would be way more than the system error. Study

Sure there are errors but with covid testing it’s been way over the top. There are to many false positives etc, I know someone that tested 4x twice was positive and twice was negative that’s a 50% accuracy rate. The hospitals were promised more money for covid patients so they test till you get back positive. Yes I know such a story. Sorry but the fact that no one got sick with anything else but covid raises alarms. All other virus, allergies plain antibiotics sicknesses have gone way down. Does that even logically make sense?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:54 am
I know someone who came to the urgent care to be tested but after waiting a bit, the line was too long, they left without being seen at all. The next day they get a call that their test came back positive.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:57 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:

The tests are so inaccurate. Many positives are false and they get reported as a positive case. The city makes money on every positive test. I know people that did 2 tests in a row, one was positive and one was negative. These tests are worthless.
People that never tested are getting calls from the state that they tested positive. The city has their own agenda in mind. People should stop testing and just stay home if they're sick. People are testing for no reason, that's so foolish.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sure there are errors but with covid testing it’s been way over the top. There are to many false positives etc, I know someone that tested 4x twice was positive and twice was negative that’s a 50% accuracy rate. The hospitals were promised more money for covid patients so they test till you get back positive. Yes I know such a story. Sorry but the fact that no one got sick with anything else but covid raises alarms. All other virus, allergies plain antibiotics sicknesses have gone way down. Does that even logically make sense?
Which days were his tests negative/positive. if someone just caught covid the day of their test it would be negative, if you test a few days later it may still be negative if your viral load is not high enough a 7-10 days later it probably will be positive. After a person has recovered it would be negative, for some people it could be before ten days and some several months.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:04 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Which days were his tests negative/positive. if someone just caught covid the day of their test it would be negative, if you test a few days later it may still be negative if your viral load is not high enough a 7-10 days later it probably will be positive. After a person has recovered it would be negative, for some people it could be before ten days and some several months.

All within 48 hours.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:17 am
Are you saying all the local drs/urgent cares are in cahoots with the govt, working this conspiracy to make more positive tests?!? Come on...

Why would your drs office report a positive strep test to the doh? Maybe you're using a very sloppy negligible office

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:20 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Are you saying all the local drs/urgent cares are in cahoots with the govt, working this conspiracy to make more positive tests?!? Come on...

Why would your drs office report a positive strep test to the doh? Maybe you're using a very sloppy negligible office

Because they're getting money for every positive test. It's not just one office doing this, it's many hospitals and medical centers.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:42 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Because they're getting money for every positive test. It's not just one office doing this, it's many hospitals and medical centers.

Who is getting money for positive tests? Your doctor? State testing sites? Urgent care centers? Can you cite a source for that?

So your hypothesis is that your doctor is testing the same covid-positive subject many times, falsifying the client information, and sending the samples in because she gets paid more for a positive test than a negative one?

How much extra is it? Because that's an easy recipe for losing your medical license and spending a few years in federal prison. Since, after all, the state is contacting persons who test positive, and if those people weren't even tested, they're sure to inform the state. Sounds like these doctors are pretty stupid.

Mothers

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:56 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I know someone who came to the urgent care to be tested but after waiting a bit, the line was too long, they left without being seen at all. The next day they get a call that their test came back positive.

Dod you actually hear this from a person this happened to? Or did you hear it from someone who knows someone?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics