Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What on earth is the PLAN? Lockdown till a vaccine?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:59 am
Hashem made viruses spread virally.

Social distancing and masks can slow the spread, they help flattent the curve so the hospitals won’t be overwhelmed. That was an eminently logical concept in March.

But by the end of April, the hospitals weren’t overloaded, they had a better idea of how to treat this, and the goal subtly switched from flattening the curve to eradicating the virus.

Why are we surprised that there are more cases now? Of course there will be more cases when schools open and people are let out of quarantines!

Mask usage has not proven to be all that helpful, google the data with regard to places that enforce masks versus the places that do not.

It is impossible to enforce SD if schools are open, public transportation is open, etc.

Why don’t the high risk quarantine strictly and let everyone else not spiral into economic and mental health depression?

As an aside, I’d guess most imamothers have not been financially impacted by the virus, as we scarcely hear about those affects. BH for you. I’m bleeding money and the bills will not take corona-anxiety-currency.

The flu vaccine is less than 50% effective. Do we really think that very soon there will be an effective Covid vaccine?

The virus will spread. You can not mandate everyone to stay home for 2 weeks without exceptions in order to kill the virus, and even that won’t make the virus extinct.

If you’re scared, homeschool and stay home.

But why force that on the rest of us who are BH in good health, exercise regularly, and are not afraid of catching a virus that is less deathly than the flu for those without comorbidities under 50 according to the CDC?

Anon because my business will be boycott if I post under my SN and my finances are in enough trouble without added problems speaking my mind.

GetReal

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:11 am
Here the plan is schools are open, businesses are open, all with masks and SD. So it’s spreading but in a controlled way. Those who are positive or exposed quarantine. Works pretty well.

GetReal

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:12 am
I sorry for the financial hardships. My heart goes out to you.

pause

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:13 am
OP, I agree with you. I'll say it under my SN since I don't have a business. Smile

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:18 am
100% aggree with original post! Lockdaown is not going to help! Virus will not go away! and we cant continue staying home and expect to get paid

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:21 am
I don’t know. I live in LA. We’re not locked down but everyone is careful with masks, social distancing and hygiene. Bh bli ayin hara, we seem to be a lot better off than the tri state area!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:25 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I don’t know. I live in LA. We’re not locked down but everyone is careful with masks, social distancing and hygiene. Bh bli ayin hara, we seem to be a lot better off than the tri state area!

Therein lies the issue. Where I live and work (Manhattan) we have all maintained SD guideline and compliance with masks (everywhere: shuls, parks, stores, streets, etc) so there’s no surge but Brooklyn/Lakewood/Monsey etc have not and so they are now paying the price.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:50 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Therein lies the issue. Where I live and work (Manhattan) we have all maintained SD guideline and compliance with masks (everywhere: shuls, parks, stores, streets, etc) so there’s no surge but Brooklyn/Lakewood/Monsey etc have not and so they are now paying the price.

This.

The plan is to try to keep the curve flattened, and to lock down only when and if the number of cases gets too high. The way to keep the curve flattened is masks, social distancing, limiting large gathering (especially indoors, and especially with singing and dancing) and vigilant hand washing.

It will also require that some individual workplaces or schools be closed for a couple of weeks to control outbreaks, without a full widespread shutdown.

If we do this, hopefully we won't have another widespread shutdown. Hopefully.

nchr

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:50 am
The plan is to be open 100% with no large gatherings indoors and with masks indoors like at grocery stores etc. That is NOT a lockdown.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:52 am
As soon as the election is over, Covid will be over in the USA, no worries.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:53 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

Will it also be over in Israel, Iran, England etc.?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:53 am

Will my relatives come back to life?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Will my relatives come back to life?

I was going to ask the same. Do we get my BIL and SIL back?

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:57 am
The plan in NYS has been and continues to be: open as much as possible, continue taking precautions, and monitor cases. Then, in a more localized way---based on either location or types of activities, address clusters to prevent a wide-spread increase more specifically and less broadly. Do finer adjustments to open/close and not more wide-sweeping and long lasting measures.

Many frum ZIP codes are part of the current clusters of surges in cases now. If there were a clear surge in other ZIP codes, we would want things addressed locally there to keep it from becoming wider spread with longer, more severe impacts. Without blame, the clusters of cases need to be identified, characterized, and then controlled.

That has been the NYS plan and continues to be the plan. When the cases were very high in the Bronx etc earlier in this pandemic, more resources went there to increase testing and ensure communities were taking the right steps to mitigate things. A SUNY campus in Otsego county was shutdown in short order for in person classes after they surged right away--because they and many students/staff in their private lives were not taking precautions and the cases surged. This isn't a Jewish campus. It's not religiously focused. The SUNY local to where I am is also under a magnifying glass to keep their cases down to not be shutdown from in person classes--and there have been problems and those have gotten media and authorities' attention and action to encourage--both softly and forcefully that doing the right things are needed to keep things open. AGain, not a Jewish campus, not a religious focus. The numbers are the numbers.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:57 am
SixOfWands wrote:
I was going to ask the same. Do we get my BIL and SIL back?

Exactly, does my friend's perfectly healthy 21-year-old son come back to life?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:58 am
I never said Covid was political in March. I lost plenty close people as well.

But by June it became political and if you don’t see that then you’re part of the problem.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 11:58 am

What does election have to do with a virus that is real? I know several people who passed from this.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:12 pm
Either you are being sarcastic or you have had way tooooo much kool aid.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:17 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Exactly, does my friend's perfectly healthy 21-year-old son come back to life?

Oh my .... BDE. I am so sorry. That's tragic.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:20 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Oh my .... BDE. I am so sorry. That's tragic.

Thank you. I also lost a healthy 32 year old.

These threads about the new and not dangerous Covid make me sick and terrified. I an 55, I have comorbidities, so I am basically locked down in my house unless people are SD/masking.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics