Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Potential school reclosings
Previous  1  2

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:48 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Op, it sounds like you are contributing to the spread of fake news.

You heard a "rumor"? From who? What schools would this involve? I think so few people have antibodies that out of a class of 20, 2 or 3 students would be allowed to attend. But wait, what about the rebbe and teachers? Most of them don't have antibodies either. Op, this sounds like fake news.

What you quoted may be “fake news” but what I wrote about schools discussing going remote for two weeks is not. I’ve spoken to a few people from a few different schools.
What would be SUPER AMAZING would be if all of the local schools, from playgroup through Beis midrash, would unite in policy and all do the same thing. No matter what the derech or hashkafa, it would be so nice if they could all do the same thing.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 7:51 pm
Bruria wrote:
Answering NotinNJMommy:

Plasma with antibodies helped people in serious condition recover, it is not silly.

I don't think you understand what antibodies actually mean or bothered to read any research.

Next time you go to the doctor, ask what it means.Educate yourself.

So far, very few cases were documented of people getting it twice meaning those with antibodies are essentially immune as far as they know.

Schools with the correct protocols in place should be able to open, but given how this pandemic is playing, no one can know what's going to happen

Convalescent plasma helps people with treatment of current infections. Antibodies help determine who would be a good person to donate. Antibodies outside of the plasma donation means very little. No one knows how long immunity lasts, but it doesn’t seem to be more than a few months. Also telling someone to ‘educate themselves’ is pretty passive aggressive.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics