Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BBY TAG or BYAM for dd with learning difficulties

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:24 pm
My daughter is in first grade and has some learning issues. She belongs in a mainstream school but she gets pulled out for speech ot and SETSS. We are planning on moving to Farrockawy for next school year.

Hashkafically we would fit in fine in TAG, BBY or BYAM tho probably BBY is the best fit. TAG probably has the most resources to help a child but on the flip slide is the most academic. BYAM has the least resources and the least experience but they are the smallest and warmest and least academic of the three. BBY seems like the middle of the three and I am most comfortable with the parent body.

Which school would you recommend for us and what is your experience with any of these schools with kids that need a little extra help.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:49 pm
Anyone?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:51 pm
Tag has the most resources. But I think a warmer school like bby might be better based on my experiences. Sometimes having the most resources isn't always the best.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 8:54 pm
As a bby parent, I would say any kid that fits in bby hashkafically could fit in tag since they encompass such a broad spectrum. The reverse is not necessarily true. I think all the issues you mentioned could be handled by bby. They are very warm and easy to work with.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 9:19 pm
Would you say BBY is as warm as BYAM?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 10:07 pm
I know people that pulled out of byam when their kid needed services or more attention and I know people that were very happy with services and warmth in bby. I would say go with bby as your first choice.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:38 am
Bby . The level of learning is lower than tag so the pressure should be lower. Their resources are good

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 6:26 am
My daughter is getting her services directly from the state.

Does BBY offer for example a small lower level chumash class or something where she would be getting help directly from the school as opposed to just the services provided by the state.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter is getting her services directly from the state.

Does BBY offer for example a small lower level chumash class or something where she would be getting help directly from the school as opposed to just the services provided by the state.

TAG does. However I’d go with your gut. You seem to want bby so what’s stopping you?
(I send to TAG and find it warm and not over the top academics)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics