Home

What is your fast, easy, go-to recipe?
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Poll

Did you post your easiest recipe on this thread yet?
Yes I did!
 50%  [ 10 ]
No, but I'm about to!
 50%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20


MiriFr




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 6:40 pm
THIS IS MY FAVORITE THREAD ON THE INTERNET. PERIODT.
Back to top

fortunate123




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:49 pm
Roasted cauliflower:
Cut up cauliflower in small florets and put in baking pan. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle on generous amount of salt, garlic and paprika. Toss to coat. Bake uncovered on 425 for about 20 minutes. Toss to coat again and bake another 10 minutes.
I Never have any leftovers!
Back to top

lkwdlady




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:01 pm
In pan brownies

2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup oil
4 eggs
6 tablespoons cocoa

Mix and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until ready
**************************************
Tomato soup

1 46oz can tomato juice
Fill can with water
1/2 cup barley
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar (I put in a little more than that)

Bring to boil and cook for 45 minutes
Back to top

SisterSix




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:04 pm
More of a hack than a recipe, but I use chicken drumsticks whenever possible for chicken recipes because you barely have to clean them
Back to top

cbg




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:07 pm
fortunate123 wrote:
Roasted cauliflower:
Cut up cauliflower in small florets and put in baking pan. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle on generous amount of salt, garlic and paprika. Toss to coat. Bake uncovered on 425 for about 20 minutes. Toss to coat again and bake another 10 minutes.
I Never have any leftovers!


I do this with turmeric or zaatar instead of paprika
I’m thinking of doing all 3, and playing it in rows FANCY
Back to top

Fave




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:10 pm
Roasted chicken:
Pour a little oil into a 9x13 - sprinkle with salt, pepper and lots of paprika.
Place chicken pieces sling side down and cover tightly with silver foil.

Bake on 300 for 3 hours. Delicious.
Back to top

lkwdlady




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:37 pm
SisterSix wrote:
More of a hack than a recipe, but I use chicken drumsticks whenever possible for chicken recipes because you barely have to clean them


I do that too!!
I usually use a box of near east rice pilaf to serve on the side. I just pour contents of box into an 8x8 pan with 2 cups water - cover and bake for 40 minutes.

This chicken and rice dinner takes less than 5 minutes to prepare!
Drumsticks cook very fast btw
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:19 pm
I’m incapable of making things that are fast and easy.
Back to top

Moonlight




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:44 pm
Mac and cheese
Sandwiches
Lol
Back to top

DREAMING




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:09 am
SixOfWands wrote:
CHICKEN MARSALA

Heat 2 T olive oil and 2 T margarine or coconut oil in a large skillet.

Chop one onion, and saute in the oils.

Coat several thin chicken cutlets in potato starch, corn starch, flour .... or nothing if you prefer. Add to skillet to brown, about 5 minutes.

Turn cutlets over, add 1 to 2 boxes sliced mushrooms (I used portabella, but you can use what you like), 1/4 cup marsala wine, 2 T sherry. Cover and cook 10 minutes.


Does this reheat nicely? Can it be made in advance
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:34 am
DREAMING wrote:
Does this reheat nicely? Can it be made in advance


Yes and yes.
Back to top

esther11




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:49 am
Easiest one pan chicken and rice:

1 cup rice
A little less than 2 cups water (because the chicken releases juices)
Sprinkle with onion soup mix
Put chicken on bone on top
Sprinkle with onion soup mix
Cover tightly, bake at 350 for 2 hours
Back to top

little neshamala




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:24 pm
Ohmygoodness what a fantastic thread!
Bump bump bump
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:35 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
I do that too!!
I usually use a box of near east rice pilaf to serve on the side. I just pour contents of box into an 8x8 pan with 2 cups water - cover and bake for 40 minutes.

This chicken and rice dinner takes less than 5 minutes to prepare!
Drumsticks cook very fast btw


Thank you! I used this method for the rice tonight. Super easy
Back to top

dancingqueen




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:38 pm
This thread is becoming my succot menu, so thank you!!
Back to top

saralem




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:41 pm
Brisket: slice onion. Dump a bag of baby carrots on top of onions. Put brisket on top, in large foil pan. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Add a cup or so of ginger ale ( not diet). Cover tightly with foil. Bake in oven on 300 or 325 for 2 hours. So perfect!
Back to top

esther11




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:42 pm
saralem wrote:
Brisket: slice onion. Dump a bag of baby carrots on top of onions. Put brisket on top, in large foil pan. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Add a cup or so of ginger ale ( not diet). Cover tightly with foil. Bake in oven on 300 or 325 for 2 hours. So perfect!


This one sounds fun! I wish I didn’t already cook my sukkos mains!! Maybe second days...
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:00 pm
Lemon herb chicken:
Drizzle chicken parts with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, honey. Sprinkle with salt pepper rosemary thyme and dill. Add garlic gloves. Bake at 375 covered for 45 min uncovered 45 min.
Back to top

srbmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:16 pm
Baked Ziti in a pan --
Pour raw 16 oz pasta in 9x13 pan
Cover with about 4oz shredded cheese
Place 3-4 slices American cheese on top
Squirt some ketchup around
Spread 1/2 jar marinara over top
Fill with water until pasta is covered
Cover tightly with foil and bake on 350 for about 1-1/4 hrs
Back to top

imanotmommy




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 08 2020, 8:53 pm
Lentil soup - can be cooked and kept warm in a crockpot-
Lentils (green), water, diced tomatoes from a can, meat (whatever kind you would put on a cholent) and spices. The amount of water should be whatever is recommended for the lentils minus a hit because of the tomatoes liquid and the fact that it doesn't really evaporate if you use a crockpot the same as in a pot.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Easy Marble Cake
by cutegal
16 Yesterday at 8:21 pm View last post
Best 80% ww challah recipe
by tsc3
7 Tue, Oct 27 2020, 4:04 pm View last post
Cybex easy twist stroller
by amother
2 Mon, Oct 26 2020, 12:54 pm View last post
What is a basic healthy recipe kids can bake for school ?
by amother
5 Mon, Oct 26 2020, 7:46 am View last post
Healthy and Easy Snacks
by amother
3 Sun, Oct 25 2020, 11:50 pm View last post