Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Feel less than because I don't own a home
Previous  1  2

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:06 pm
I know exactly how your feel because I was in the same exact position a few short years ago. But parnassa is in the hands of Hashem only. We always struggled financially, at times terribly. We got kicked out of 2 apartments in the span of 2 years, with a large family and kids approaching shidduchim. And then our situation litterally turned around in a matter of a few monhs. My husband who always had a hard time keeping down a job because he.has adhd (he cant use meds because of side health issues ) was roped into taking a job he had no interest in, that everyone said would be terrible for him, but its actually working out great for him. Then we got a totally unexpected yerusha from one side, then a generous monetary gift from my (very ungenerous throughout the years) fil. And we had a down payment and a source of income for mortgage payments. And we started marrying off our kids. I just cant believe it myself. No situation is ever hopeless. Things could change. Even if your husband is laid back or whatever.! Hugs.

Jeanette

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 11:21 pm
The Hayom Yom says:

Jewish wealth is not houses and gold. The everlasting Jewish wealth is: Being Jews who keep Torah and Mitzvot, and bringing into the world children and grandchildren who keep Torah and Mitzvot.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:04 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I think you misunderstood my point. I wasnt saying that owning is important. Its not. I was saying that people answering were saying owning a house. I was trying to show that the OP was talking about owning a home, not specifying a house.

Ahm...no. AAMOF OP says beferush in her very first post that she feels bad they never bought a HOUSE. Not that it matters. She feels bad that they rent and don’t own.

avrahamama

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:11 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I know exactly how your feel because I was in the same exact position a few short years ago. But parnassa is in the hands of Hashem only. We always struggled financially, at times terribly. We got kicked out of 2 apartments in the span of 2 years, with a large family and kids approaching shidduchim. And then our situation litterally turned around in a matter of a few monhs. My husband who always had a hard time keeping down a job because he.has adhd (he cant use meds because of side health issues ) was roped into taking a job he had no interest in, that everyone said would be terrible for him, but its actually working out great for him. Then we got a totally unexpected yerusha from one side, then a generous monetary gift from my (very ungenerous throughout the years) fil. And we had a down payment and a source of income for mortgage payments. And we started marrying off our kids. I just cant believe it myself. No situation is ever hopeless. Things could change. Even if your husband is laid back or whatever.! Hugs.

This was amazing! I love it! May we hear more and more stories like this one!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics