Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Alternative to swaddling - new product!

stem

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 10:15 pm
http://www.pekemoe.co.nz/

What do you think of this product? Check out the babies page, they look so cute all wrapped up.

I'm thinking of ordering one. My baby can't sleep for more than 30 minutes unless he's wrapped up in blankets so his hands don't whack his face. Problem is he's getting too big for the swaddling and breaks free too easily.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 11:44 pm
Hmmm... Well, this is just a pillowcase with a head hole. It does not keep the baby snug or anything. How much is it?
I don't know what the point really is. If anything, get a Swaddle Me by Kiddopottamus.

Plonis

Post Tue, Feb 19 2008, 11:49 pm
it doesnt look like its tight enuf that baby feels secure. doubt mine would like it. did u try the miracle blanket? it could swaddle even a big baby.

R&RMom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 12:01 am
Swaddleme makes 2 sizes..small and large...the large fit my baby till he was almost 9 months old! He loved it and it is not expensive at all!

Nomad

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 12:44 am
I found that by 3 months, my baby was able to kick out of the miracle blanket. try the large size swaddleme

good luck!

Chaya4

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 9:57 am
we had the same problem so we just didn't swaddle her feet. its the arms that need to be tight, the feet don't matter

purplesquare

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 10:13 am
get a get a Swaddle Me they are great come in different sizes and material. the one you posted doesn't look snug
they also make wearable blankets with "wings" for the arms
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....09033

stem

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 11:02 am
The problem is that my son HATES being swaddled. He cries in his sleep, wiggles around desperately trying to free himself. He falls asleep so much more comfortably when he's "Free" except he wakes up 30 minutes later...
This is a sleep sack that keeps the hands covered, which will keep him cozy while still letting him have some movement without being able to whack himself in the face.
I've looked at the swaddleme, and I don't think he'd like that any more than a blanket. He can move around, even roll over in this... apparently parents are raving about it in australia... What

MahPitom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2008, 12:34 pm
Those babies look like they were draped with a shmatta. The toys r us one looks amazing!

jemappelle

Post Wed, Feb 27 2008, 5:47 pm
my babies could never stand to have their arms restricted.
Hence my swaddle me is basically unused.

ArthurDent

Post Tue, Mar 18 2008, 7:10 pm
We used our miracle blanket until dd was 7 mos old. But she really isn't the most physically active kid, even now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics