Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
My son said his SIET hit him
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:54 pm
My son is 4 yrs old and when I picked him up from school he told me Morah “no name” (his SIET) hit him in the tummy and he was sad and he was crying a lot.

What do I do???

Call his SIET?
Call the school?
Call his Morah?

behappy2

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:55 pm
First the Seit, go from there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:56 pm
Wouldn’t she just deny it?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My son is 4 yrs old and when I picked him up from school he told me Morah “no name” (his SIET) hit him in the tummy and he was sad and he was crying a lot.

What do I do???

Call his SIET?
Call the school?
Call his Morah?

Oy, sounds awful.
I would call the SEIT and tell her in a non accusing way what your son said, there's probably an explanation. If she deny's touching him, talk to her supervisor.
Maybe ask him to demonstrate on you what she did, perhaps she just patted his tummy.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:01 pm
Get him to tell you the whole story -- beginning, middle, end -- so you have a clearer picture. It will also help you in your discussions. Be sure to find out who was there, and who he told.

Next, call the SEIT. Ask open ended questions, and find out her story. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction (eg, Moshe picked up a scissors and was waving it around in an unsafe manner. He wouldn't put it down, so I took it from him. One of our hands slipped, and hit him. This fits well with Moshe's story, and Moshe agrees that's what happened) you need to contact the teacher and the agency that employs the SEIT.

Hitting your child is never acceptable.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:47 pm
Idk what to do
I asked him again and now he’s denying the whole thing. He says he’s fine.
But he doesn’t ever make stuff up like this. He usually comes home happy every day BH and today was so weird. When I picked him up he said “can you call my Morah and tell her not to hurt me again?”
Isnt that crazy

pizza4

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:09 pm
Definitely call the seit. Talk in a non accusing manner, ask what happened. There can be a perfectly rational explanation like six of wands said.
Then reassure your son that you spoke to the seit so he knows you took him seriously.

Rappel

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:09 pm
You know a flag when you see one, OP. What are you going to do, and what are you willing to do?

Odelyah

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Idk what to do
But he doesn’t ever make stuff up like this. He usually comes home happy every day BH and today was so weird. When I picked him up he said “can you call my Morah and tell her not to hurt me again?”
Isnt that crazy

I would definitely speak with her in an open-ended non-accusatory way (at first) to see what she says. something like yanky came home very upset today so I was wondering if anything unusual happened in school?

and see what she sounds like, if she sounds at all flustered or anything like she's making stuff up. does she seem like a good, caring trustworthy person? (previously?) please trust your gut with your child. I would not let this go at all and would do anything I could to make sure my child is safe. I would not want to send him back to this person Sad. hugs!! Hug

lilies

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:25 pm
I would not call the SEIT. In case this is a terribly wrong situation and not a confused child, it's easy for the adult to laugh it off with a plausible story.

lilies

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:26 pm
Maybe have him play with mentchies and set a scene and see what happens?

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:27 pm
Assuming they were in a classroom are there cameras? This is one reason why my boys school has a camera in every classroom.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:28 pm
Does she work with him outside the classroom? Are there other professionals in the room? Perhaps you can get more information from an outsider.

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:37 pm
Why are you all jumping that the seit hit him? Seit could've bumped into him side stepping another kid and by mistake hurt him. Why am I trying to make "excuses?" Because I work in preschool and it's very easy to trip over the kids wearing the mask that blocks half your view.

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:39 pm
Definitely investigate but please don't jump to conclusions yet.

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:40 pm
This is why there should be cameras then no one is accused of anything the admin can just look themselves and if nothing is wrong they can move on. It there is an issue then it can be dealt with properly.

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:41 pm
Plus with covid restrictions it isn't recommended to take kids out of the classroom.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Idk what to do
Isnt that crazy

Apparently he does make up stuff if he went from she hit me to she didn't hit me.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:08 pm
You have to know your child. My 4 year old son will say someone hit him if they touch him and he's just unhappy. I've seen it happen with my own eyes. It makes it difficult because I want to believe him when he tells me things like this but if I take his hand when we're crossing the street he'll start crying that I hit him.

behappy2

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 5:28 pm
Kids this age fabricate stories, have an imagination and even convince themselves it is true..it's very important to get the other side. I had this with my daughter's teacher and it turned out to be nothing. You can always panic later.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics