Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Could this be possible
Previous  1  2

Miri1

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hear all this
I’m getting med advise
My question is more
If ppl are still testing positive for months on end
How do we know that they are not actually spreading
And
If we need to wait for a double negative we would need to quarantine for months on end?
Just an example
I’m double negative with no antibodies BUT I can’t ever leave quarantine because DH is STILL testing positive-what if he keeps testing positive for months

BTW- my husband got a phone call from where he got tested saying he’s not clear until he tests 2x negative

The PCR test doesn't indicate at what point in the illness you are. You can have dead virus cells for up to 3 months after infection.
This is why the current CDC guidelines are symptom based (unless you are asymptomatic). So you would count 10 days from the onset of symptoms. People with immune system problems or serious illness could be contagious for longer than 10 days, but 10 is the standard recommended time for isolation.

I can't understand why you were told you need two negative tests (unless you live in a country where this is required)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics