Home

ISO Quality and Caring Hospital for a Covid patient in NYC
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:38 pm
Looking to hear from your experience about NYC Hospitals with Covid care:

Which Hospital was your relative at?
How would you rate medical care?
Compassion?
Trust in staff managing case?
Accessibility to medical team for communication and updates?

What is policy for covid visits? can a family member or assigned person sit in room with PPE?

If pt has also other issues that require PT, how likely would hospital provide additional medical intervention for OTHER issues that also would justify hospitalization?

How likely someone would care to ask him if he wants a drink?

Patient went in to a hospital for anotehr issue, and unfortunately contracted Covid in Hospital

Now need to treat both.

All input is appreciated!
Back to top

Mama Bear




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:57 pm
I dont think visitors are allowed at all to a patient who has covid. Sad
Back to top

Bluepink




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 3:58 pm
Are you sure you’re able to transfer the patient? Most inter hospital transfers not happening anymore, even more so with covid positive patients
Back to top

amother




Firebrick
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:02 pm
My father is in Hatzolah and they say Lenox gave the best care. I heard this from other's as well.
Stay away from NYU.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:03 pm
if you dont know from personal experience vistors policy, please do not post. asking for persona recent expeirece.

Thank you

and yes, bh have a pull and can transfer.
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:27 pm
We had a family member in Cornell who went in for a procedure, was tested and had a (false) positive and could not get a drink or help for the bathroom..... This was a few weeks ago and the hospitals were not busy. The staff was scared and a bit lazy to put on ppe. The drs were all ok because they had ppe on all the tome. As soon as he got a few negatives these issues resolved

They allowed one visit a day for 4 hours. AND they watched the clock and made you leave
I’m sorry you’re going through this.

Good Luck.
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 4:28 pm
Lennox Hill for sure

My cousin is a doc there
Back to top

amother




Aqua
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 6:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking to hear from your experience about NYC Hospitals with Covid care:

Which Hospital was your relative at?
How would you rate medical care?
Compassion?
Trust in staff managing case?
Accessibility to medical team for communication and updates?

What is policy for covid visits? can a family member or assigned person sit in room with PPE?

If pt has also other issues that require PT, how likely would hospital provide additional medical intervention for OTHER issues that also would justify hospitalization?

How likely someone would care to ask him if he wants a drink?

Patient went in to a hospital for anotehr issue, and unfortunately contracted Covid in Hospital

Now need to treat both.

All input is appreciated!


I'd recommend calling Chaim Medical on (845) 492-8700 and asking their opinion.
Back to top

ellacoe




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 6:50 pm
If you know someone on Hatzalah, perhaps ask them, they often have the knowledge of which hospitals are better for this.
Back to top

amother




Ecru
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:28 pm
My husband is in hatzolah and they are transporting to Mt Sinai And Lennox. Mt Sinai has an excellent plasma protocol and they are having as many discharges as they are having admissions Bh. They seem to have nailed it with the plasma treatment. Lennox also has excellent care. Avoid the rest.
Back to top

amother




Teal
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:12 pm
My close relative is in Lennox for while. Theyre the best from the rest. If your there for other issue, you can have someone with you from 11 to 6. No more than 2 shifts a day during that time perion but only one person at a time. If the patient has corona, no one is allowed entry to the patient.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:55 pm
They allowed one visit a day for 4 hours. AND they watched the clock and made you leave
I’m sorry you’re going through this.

Good Luck.

Is this for covid? cornell allow 4 hrs a day visitr for covid?
How about a patient who need companionship for his recovery?

need also good neurological care at the same time?
Who would provide best care both covid and Neuro issues?
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They allowed one visit a day for 4 hours. AND they watched the clock and made you leave
I’m sorry you’re going through this.

Good Luck.

Is this for covid? cornell allow 4 hrs a day visitr for covid?
How about a patient who need companionship for his recovery?

need also good neurological care at the same time?
Who would provide best care both covid and Neuro issues?

There was a robo call erev y’k urging people to call medical referral orgs before heading to any hospital as they have the most up to date info & the connections with the right docs.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:26 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
There was a robo call erev y’k urging people to call medical referral orgs before heading to any hospital as they have the most up to date info & the connections with the right docs.


what town was it?

which org do you feel have current covid hosp info?
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what town was it?

which org do you feel have current covid hosp info?


The robocall I got in Boro Park said to call Chaim medical or Refuah helpline
Back to top

gamzehyaavor




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 30 2020, 10:37 pm
Einikel wrote:
The robocall I got in Boro Park said to call Chaim medical or Refuah helpline

Yes
Op, it was referring to NYC hospitals as I understand you’re looking for.

Refuah sheleima
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They allowed one visit a day for 4 hours. AND they watched the clock and made you leave
I’m sorry you’re going through this.

Good Luck.

Is this for covid? cornell allow 4 hrs a day visitr for covid?
How about a patient who need companionship for his recovery?

need also good neurological care at the same time?
Who would provide best care both covid and Neuro issues?



This was maybe 4-6 weeks ago. He went through the ER not for Covid. They test everyone and he got a positive. Isiting situation did not change once he got the three negatives after the positive. What changed was the care from the nurses. It was absolutely awful. My family member needed help for things like food, water, bathroom....

Through begging and pleading somehow we got permission for one person to see the patient after surgery. Since it was after visiting hours (by just a few minutes) they kindly allowed someone in for 15 minutes. No one brought a meal after surgery. Had we not had those precious 15 minutes I don’t know when the patient would’ve gotten food. It was already almost 24 hours from the last meal (had to fast before surgery)
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:13 am
if no vistors allowed, and nurses and staff stay away, and patient doesnt get food/ drink (today saw food tray was left outside. if family was not there to look for it, patient would never get it) - what is supposed to be the mahalach with no family around?

he cant speak for himself.

anyone can explain how would it work at mt sinair or lenox based on their recent experience?
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
if no vistors allowed, and nurses and staff stay away, and patient doesnt get food/ drink (today saw food tray was left outside. if family was not there to look for it, patient would never get it) - what is supposed to be the mahalach with no family around?

he cant speak for himself.

anyone can explain how would it work at mt sinair or lenox based on their recent experience?



I don’t have the answers.
Only H can help
Back to top

amother




Powderblue
 

Post  Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:02 am
DH went to NYU at Tish, at the time they made it into a covid wing. He had excellent care, doctors called me every day, very nice room to himself.He was there for 2 weeks.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Iso: dressy long skirts (solid colors) 8 Today at 5:51 pm View last post
ISO Eye doctor fidelis monsey
by amother
0 Today at 1:26 pm View last post
ISO venue for date near Penn Station
by amother
2 Today at 6:55 am View last post
ISO Mens 3/4 or full length trench w zip out lining, BP or
by amother
2 Today at 1:13 am View last post
Anyone significantly overweight & had COVID? How was it?
by amother
32 Today at 1:12 am View last post