Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Adding a bathroom to a house

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:09 pm
We bought a new house and decided we will add a bathroom to it. Originally was going to be a powder room but actually think we could make a 3/4 bathroom work. I can’t decide if this is crazy or worth it. House has master bathroom and one full bathroom towards the back of the home, but we think it would be nice to have a bathroom in the front of the house for guests. Right now we don’t have a big family that we need three showers but we hope to have more kids. I can’t decide if I will regret not putting in a shower or it’s too much and we should just do what we originally decided on. Any thoughts? Thanks!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We bought a new house and decided we will add a bathroom to it. Originally was going to be a powder room but actually think we could make a 3/4 bathroom work. I can’t decide if this is crazy or worth it. House has master bathroom and one full bathroom towards the back of the home, but we think it would be nice to have a bathroom in the front of the house for guests. Right now we don’t have a big family that we need three showers but we hope to have more kids. I can’t decide if I will regret not putting in a shower or it’s too much and we should just do what we originally decided on. Any thoughts? Thanks!

What’s a 3/4 bathroom?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:42 pm
we have that extra 3rd bathroom for guests and we use it on those short fridays when so many ppl need to shower at once. or if I child decided to park in a bathroom for awhile the other one needs it very badly etc. (I really don't let my kids use my bathroom) All I can say is this will def not be something you will regret. And those times you have guests - its def appreciated to have their own bath/shower. less pressure on you to keep the kids bathroom immaculate at all hrs. when there are guests in your home. If you are looking for cheaper option maybe don't do a whole tub, just do a toilet/sink and shower.

Classicookie

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 7:51 pm
If you have the funds you will never regret an extra shower

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:07 pm
If it's next to a guest room or another room that could be used for guests, then definitely yes. Or if your family grows. Also good if it can serve as a mudroom sort of shower — for pets or kids.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:22 pm
For sure I would go for it. Not silly at all. My old 1930 house came with 1.5 bathrooms, we added a full one. I wouldn’t go crazy with the highest end tiles/fixtures— but a nice mid-range bathroom? Definitely do it if you can afford it. You can never have to many bathrooms with teenagers around.....

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:09 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
What’s a 3/4 bathroom?

Toilet and shower and sink, no tub

advocate

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:35 pm
Maybe you could just add on the space for the future tub or shower, making future expansion possible.

saralem

Post Wed, Sep 30 2020, 9:39 pm
For sure! We added a half bath(powder room) a few years ago. It made an amazing difference. I don’t know how we lived without it. We actually did it so cheap. We turned a large closet into the powder room.

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:33 am
I promise you will never regret having more bathrooms.
Signed, mom of family of 7 whose house is filled with yelling children "Get out, I need to poop!"

rivkam

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:51 am
essie14 wrote:
I promise you will never regret having more bathrooms.
Signed, mom of family of 7 whose house is filled with yelling children "Get out, I need to poop!"

Haha you have to love kids bluntness.

The only downside of having more bathrooms is the extra cleaning but other than that, it's great!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:56 am
I have four full bathrooms in my house and it always comes in handy. I added one in when I built the house (plan only had three but I wanted a guest bathroom) I give baths to my three kids all at once all the time. It really comes in handy. You won't regret it.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:40 am
Classicookie wrote:
If you have the funds you will never regret an extra shower

I would say toilet yes, unless you have already a few, but shower ? We very rarely need 2
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics