Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Anyone else secretly enjoying the no guest business?
Previous  1  2  3

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 11:29 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I was supposed to go to my parents. I'm in my 3rd trimester and have 3 little children at home.
Yesterday I cam down with covid. I feel like **** to put it mildly. I literally can't peel myself off my bed. And I have 1 day to figure out a sukkah, food for the holiday etc.
I freakin HATE this.

That sucks. Can your mom send food at least?

Tzippy323

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 11:49 am
You are not m’chuyov to eat in the sukkah. Easy Peasy.

Take out 2 9x13 pans. Put cut up chicken into each. In one pan pour a bottle of duck sauce. In the other pan put well washed potatoes in their skins, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Cover both pans with double foil and stick them n the oven. Make a cholent for Shabbos day.

Cook up a pot of pasta, add some applesauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 2 eggs. Throw into a pan for a kugel and bake. (Even your husband can manage this). Buy whatever other sides you need as takeout. Desserts can be pareve ice cream, pareve chocolate pudding, a purchased cake, or pie.

I am a big proponent of preparing in advance. My children always laugh at me when I make stuffed cabbage during the nine days, but if I am not feeling up to snuff, which is often the case as I have many health issues and am handicapped, I always know that I can pull Shabbos or Yom Tov out of my freezer without too much extra to do. Refuah shelaima.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 1:19 pm
Tzippy323 wrote:
You are not m’chuyov to eat in the sukkah. Easy Peasy.

Take out 2 9x13 pans. Put cut up chicken into each. In one pan pour a bottle of duck sauce. In the other pan put well washed potatoes in their skins, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Cover both pans with double foil and stick them n the oven. Make a cholent for Shabbos day.

Cook up a pot of pasta, add some applesauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 2 eggs. Throw into a pan for a kugel and bake. (Even your husband can manage this). Buy whatever other sides you need as takeout. Desserts can be pareve ice cream, pareve chocolate pudding, a purchased cake, or pie.

I am a big proponent of preparing in advance. My children always laugh at me when I make stuffed cabbage during the nine days, but if I am not feeling up to snuff, which is often the case as I have many health issues and am handicapped, I always know that I can pull Shabbos or Yom Tov out of my freezer without too much extra to do. Refuah shelaima.

This sounds good and easy but I promise you, I was not capable of doing any of this when I had corona.

amother
White

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 3:08 pm
Yes. I have ADHD and my house is always a mess and this year I don't have to apologize to anyone.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m so relaxed going into succos this year. I usually have sleeping/eating guests for all of it and this year, no guests. And I don’t need to feel guilty about it. No going out or having people in for meals. Anyone else in the same boat? I can’t imagine I’m the only one. For reference I’m in my 30s.

Yes!!!!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics