Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Easiest Sukkah to put up? and takes short time to set up?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 02 2020, 5:30 pm
We want to buy a sukkah for next year that is easy to put up and takes the shortest amount of time. Which sukkah should we get and please include links and pictures so I know what you're referring to. About how much do they cost? How do we choose the size for a certain number of people?

Teomima

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 4:45 am
I don't know where you are or what's available near you. Here in Israel a lot of people use sukkahs that consists of interlocking metal poles, fabric walls, and woven bamboo mats for schach. It's all very easy to store and very ready to build (I put mine up entirely on my own).

As for size, it depends on the space you've got. Normally I'd say build the largest you can in the space you've got, so like your whole deck or balcony if that's what you're working with. Though if you have a whole giant yard obviously don't do that. It also depends on how many people you normally host and/or how many people need to fit to sleep in there.

Here's a link to what the sukkahs I'm taking about look like and how they work:
https://m.sukkothadar.co.il/en/index.php

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 5:21 am
https://en.sukot.net/the-sukkah/

Easiest. Like building with lego. Very light to transport and store, very easy to click together. Our sukkah took about 25 min to build, my dh and my teen dd, including fabric walls and schach.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:08 am
I'm in NY. What about those wood look sukkahs. Are they easy to put up?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Lol. They're very heavy.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:17 am
I have one from sukkah project. (Canvas) Many of my friends also have, so does the big shul here. Pretty easy to assemble imho.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

We have one of those. They're relatively easy to put up for 2 people working together. The panels are pretty heavy and take up a good amount of space in our garage.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:18 pm
We have a canvas sukkah now and it takes a very long time to put up, so I want something that's quick and easy. Which is easier than canvas?

mommyhood

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Fiberglass that looks like wood is very popular where I live and I don’t find it heavy or difficult. Compared to canvas it is heavy but compared to wood it’s a breeze. The problem is decorations are a pain since you can’t use thumbtacks or pins.
We had 2 teens put ours up and it took an hour. I’ve never used canvas so I don’t know how long that takes.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:29 pm
http://theinstantsukkah.com/

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:40 pm
How big a sukka do you need?

I have this one: https://sukkahcompany.com/prod.....ukkah

I've had it for almost 20 years, and it's still in great shape. It's been through massive wind storms, stored outside in the blazing sun and pouring rain, and generally abused in ways it never deserved.

This fits perfectly inside it. https://www.snowys.com.au/fold.....h-set You can find it at any camping store near you.

Once I had myself, and 6 children in there, quite cozily. I sat with one kid on each side of me, and 4 on the bench across from me. We were a bit smooshed, but it was freezing cold outside, so it wasn't a problem.

You can comfortably seat 4 adults in there, as long as nobody has long legs and insists on stretching out. If someone is claustrophobic, and not required to be IN the sukkah, they can easily get a lawn chair and sit at the end of the table, at the entrance.

One person could sleep in there, (and maybe a small kid, too) if they like to curl up in the blankets.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics