Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Two week old with multiple infections
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

banana123

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
you are right. I'm concerned (was concerned) but not in a way that I felt that it was an emergency. He is so small and something wasn't right, the Dr didn't give me any clear answers so I was hoping to get more ideas here.
When I first saw it I called hatzole, they weren't concerned. Basically everyone we asked (terem on the phone and Dr) said it's not an emergency if baby doesn't have fever and is reacting normal.

Yesterday I went again to the Dr and he was again vague about what it is, 'an infection that spread' but after seeing that I wasn't happy with the answer, he said that some skin condition can cause such blisters but he doesn't want to jump to any conclusion so soon (I think he didn't want to cause unnecessary stress)
I guess many people would be happy when the Dr says it's okay, just something that happened. But I'm not like that and I need and want to understand what's going on.

The thing is, at this age there isn't always a fever. I think you are right to want to know what the diagnosis is. Can you either get a second opinion or ask the doctor what the possibilities are?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 6:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
you are right. I'm concerned (was concerned) but not in a way that I felt that it was an emergency. He is so small and something wasn't right, the Dr didn't give me any clear answers so I was hoping to get more ideas here.
When I first saw it I called hatzole, they weren't concerned. Basically everyone we asked (terem on the phone and Dr) said it's not an emergency if baby doesn't have fever and is reacting normal.

Yesterday I went again to the Dr and he was again vague about what it is, 'an infection that spread' but after seeing that I wasn't happy with the answer, he said that some skin condition can cause such blisters but he doesn't want to jump to any conclusion so soon (I think he didn't want to cause unnecessary stress)
I guess many people would be happy when the Dr says it's okay, just something that happened. But I'm not like that and I need and want to understand what's going on.

A doctor should give you a more precise answer than "some skin condition." Ask for the name of the condition. It's not his job to manage your stress or to decide how much information you can handle.

The child is suffering. Please get a second opinion.

imaima

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 7:00 am
At this stage I would want to know the name of the bacteria he is suspecting.

tweety1

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
he got very big blisters one was a cm big

Is it leveled with the skin? Or is the outline of the blister raised and sort of indented in the middle? Think of a canker sore. That's exactly what herpes look like. I saw herpes irl on a nurse in my pediatricians office next to her lip. When I saw that I totally understood. It's a canker sore on the skin. It's the best description I can give you. Pretty precise too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:19 am
tweety1 wrote:
Is it leveled with the skin? Or is the outline of the blister raised and sort of indented in the middle? Think of a canker sore. That's exactly what herpes look like. I saw herpes irl on a nurse in my pediatricians office next to her lip. When I saw that I totally understood. It's a canker sore on the skin. It's the best description I can give you. Pretty precise too.
no it looks like blisters from a burn but yellow.

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:20 am
When I had a pediatrician that wouldn't give me straight answers I switched. Chutzpah! I'm the mom! If this is the same ped, I would say run for the hills, because he is not good when it comes to anything outside the box. No, I don't like alarmists, either, but come on, you have to be straight with me.

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
no it looks like blisters from a burn but yellow.

Yes herpes blisters look yellowish

HakarasHatov

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:24 am
Impetigo... can spread quickly and is known for its distinctive yellow coloring. There are three different kinds. Google pictures and see if it matches your dc.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:27 am
From experience , herpes can only be confirmed or rejected through biopsy. It doesn’t seem worth taking a risk and leaving it alone

snowflake1

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:28 am
I am in the US, so maybe getting a second opinion here is easier than it is in Israel.
But if your gut is nagging you then a lot of times it tells you something and you do say that he’s being vague.
In our case my baby had an abscess in his neck which was a mrsa which had to be drained. He did have fever and was hospitalized for 10 days. He was OK after that.
The interesting thing was that he also had these blisters by the bris area and they were convinced it was herpes.
In the US they also want it to be like that because they want to story against us in a way I think.
But after they tested them it was not it must’ve been the same mrsa
So my point is, that herpes and MR essay must look very similar if top doctors are getting confused between them

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:33 am
octopus wrote:
When I had a pediatrician that wouldn't give me straight answers I switched. Chutzpah! I'm the mom! If this is the same ped, I would say run for the hills, because he is not good when it comes to anything outside the box. No, I don't like alarmists, either, but come on, you have to be straight with me.
I don't think he thinks it's davka something more than the spread infection. But because I kept pushing for answers he said it could potentially be something else but he wants to first see if it goes away.
It's like a headache can be a migraine or worse a stroke or even worse a tumor, you don't say for every headache let's assume it's a tumor.
I'll be honest I'm pretty confused. I'll take one step at a time and see what happens. So far the baby is doing better. Only his hand isn't getting better yet.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:34 am
Op your dr seems clueless!

Please try someone else! Poor baby!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:35 am
HakarasHatov wrote:
Impetigo... can spread quickly and is known for its distinctive yellow coloring. There are three different kinds. Google pictures and see if it matches your dc.
no it really doesn't look like that

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:46 am
snowflake1 wrote:
I am in the US, so maybe getting a second opinion here is easier than it is in Israel.
But if your gut is nagging you then a lot of times it tells you something and you do say that he’s being vague.
In our case my baby had an abscess in his neck which was a mrsa which had to be drained. He did have fever and was hospitalized for 10 days. He was OK after that.
The interesting thing was that he also had these blisters by the bris area and they were convinced it was herpes.
In the US they also want it to be like that because they want to story against us in a way I think.
But after they tested them it was not it must’ve been the same mrsa
So my point is, that herpes and MR essay must look very similar if top doctors are getting confused between them
so he was just very red around the bris. And red at his belly. On his toe he got a scratch that became red. On his hand he got a big blister. The Dr popped it and the next day he got some more on the same spot and one on his leg. Everything went away or got better except for his hand.
So an infection that spread is not a weird theory. Even more so if I think of the bath I washed him in. Only hands I don't have an answer for yet...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
A doctor should give you a more precise answer than "some skin condition." Ask for the name of the condition. It's not his job to manage your stress or to decide how much information you can handle.

The child is suffering. Please get a second opinion.
you are right. I'll give the Dr one more try and if I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere I'll have to find a new Dr.

Success10

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:09 am
Someone correct me if they think this is a bad idea, but can she just walk into a Tipat Chalav clinic and ask the nurse, or better, doctor (if present) what they think?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:25 am
Success10 wrote:
Someone correct me if they think this is a bad idea, but can she just walk into a Tipat Chalav clinic and ask the nurse, or better, doctor (if present) what they think?

Right now, I'm thinking ANY doctor would be better than the one she's seeing now.

I'm really infuriated that he's brushing her off like this. Mad He could at least send her to the lab to have the sores cultured to see if there is a bacterial infection, and if so, what strain of bacteria is there. If there's no bacterial activity, then herpes must be considered as a possibility.

OP, don't let the doctor bully you or make you doubt yourself. If you see even ONE MORE BLISTER, I'd take him to the ER, or at least Tipat Chalav IMMEDIATELY!

The very worst thing that can happen, is that you spend a few hours waiting, just to find out that he's fine.

The best thing, is that the problem can be identified, treated, and he'll be back to his sweet, yummy self real soon. I feel so bad for the little guy!

It doesn't matter if everyone at the clinic or ER thinks you are a nervous worry wart. Other people's opinions are worthless. The only thing that matters is that your son is safe and healthy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:43 am
Does anyone know of a good pediatrician in beit shemesh that works with meuhedet?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:46 am
I don't, but I'm happy you're asking.
When almost all of the! respondents say the same thing, you know they are probably right.
I will start a spinoff for you.
Please please advocate for your baby!
Refuah sheleimah

ETA: I think your baby should be seen by someone else today. Whether it's another Dr., terem or a hospital. (Now that you disclosed location, I understand why you didn't run there immediately. You're not near any hospitals Sad
But I still think this is urgent and your current doctor is not doing well (putt it mildly)

Bruria

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:47 am
Take your baby to the ER better safe than sorry, you don't want to regret this!!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics