Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Carpet or hardwood floors in bedrooms?

fish

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:43 pm
What do you prefer and why?
We are moving soon and I can't decide if I should refinish the hardwood floors in the bedrooms or put in carpet. I need some help deciding Smile

Fabulous

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:46 pm
I like carpet for coziness but I feel like it’s gross with skin and stuff. It’s much easier to keep hardwood clean, especially with accidents and throwing up etc

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:46 pm
Hardwood!
1- it never goes out of style. And carpet is not very in style at the moment.
2- you can dress it up with rugs
3- easier to clean
4- my husband is allergic to dust mites

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:50 pm
Definitely hardwood floor with a nice cozy area rug.

Wall to wall carpet is kind of gross. No way to clean it if a kid pees, vomits, spills something.

Also hardwood is so classy.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:50 pm
Hardwood - classic and clean

If you choose to put an area rug I would put one that’s washable

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:53 pm
This is a no-brainer. If you have wood floors, have them refinished and get area rugs by the bed for warmth when you put your feet down. There is nothing as beautiful as hardwood with a beautiful area rug.

Also an area rug can be easily sent out for deep cleaning periodically. And you can get a cheap area rug for kids' room where it is more likely to be abused and therefore you can throw it out if it gets completely disreputable.

Even a high quality carpet is going to have to be replaced in a relatively short period of time - a hardwood floor lasts almost forever.

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 9:54 pm
Hardwood floor. So much cleaner and never gets outdated. You can get a rug if you want a cozier feeling

Fave

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 10:23 pm
Hardwood. For all reasons mentioned above

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 10:58 pm
Hardwood! There are some things that are difficult/impossible to get out ofcarpet... we refinished three bedrooms that had hardwood floors. The other two bedrooms did not have hardwood and we put in carpet. It’s only been a few months and I already regret not putting in luxury vinyl instead of carpet.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:03 pm
I guess it's a personal preference, but we put in hard wood because of allergies, and I'm so happy I did it because it's easier to clean and I like the smooth feel. Others might like the cozy feel of carpet...

I also feel that carpet is higher maintenance and needs to be vacuumed often and professionally cleaned periodically, while hardwood just needs to be swept and no need for professional cleaning ever.

shanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:04 pm
Hardwood- better for allergies

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Oct 04 2020, 11:41 pm
Hardwood. We didn't want to spend money on hardwood, carpet was much cheaper, but now I regret it.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:30 am
Hardwood. I didn't spend money on it when I built my house and six years laterr my carpets are horrible even after cleaning them multiple times a year. I can't wait to charge all the floors to hardwood.

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:48 am
We have laminate floors (that look like wood) and very happy with them. But if you already have wood floors definitely refinish them. We only have carpet on our stairs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics