Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Peas love and carrots

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:48 pm
Anyone buy the cookbook? Thoughts?

Last edited by 1091 on Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

productivity

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:53 pm
I love love love it. I’m generally not a cookbook person- I usually get my inspiration from NYT or blogs etc. but I went through this cookbook over Yomtov and found so many recipes I’d love to make. Basics as well as more unique and interesting recipes. First thing this AM I made two of them... hope to make more for second days!

*ETA just pointing out it’s Peas Love & Carrots

lovepinterest

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 4:54 pm
I bought it right away. I love following Danielle on insta! Everything I’ve made was delish except the hamburger roll. My family didn’t like it but know many many people that went nuts over it. The recipes aren’t typical. And many have lots of steps. The directions are very easy to follow and you hear her voice as you read it lol. Most of the ingredients are regular day to day stuff. If your looking for easy quick 30 min suppers for midweek this isn’t the cookbook. If your looking for different but rlly good dishes to serve on shab, yt, for guests, or special dinner this is the right cookbook for you!

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:02 pm
product10 wrote:
I love love love it. I’m generally not a cookbook person- I usually get my inspiration from NYT or blogs etc. but I went through this cookbook over Yomtov and found so many recipes I’d love to make. Basics as well as more unique and interesting recipes. First thing this AM I made two of them... hope to make more for second days!

*ETA just pointing out it’s Peas Love & Carrots

Fixed it. Autocorrect.

mommybrr

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:49 pm
Its a great cookbook to read. Nice pics and very clear instructions. I personally don't think I will make any recipes. As lovepinterest wrote- most recipes have a lot of steps and are time consuming.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 5:58 pm
To me, it's more of a coffee table book than a cookbook I see myself using a lot. I don't mind patchke-ing in the kitchen, but even for me,most of the recipes are too many steps, and many call for ingredients most people don't keep on hand.

mpk

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 7:09 pm
Made some of the recipes and they were a hit. One issue I have though is that it doesn’t list how much each recipe yields.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 7:42 pm
mpk wrote:
Made some of the recipes and they were a hit. One issue I have though is that it doesn’t list how much each recipe yields.

Which recipes? I just bought the cookbook.

artsy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:06 pm
Looks like a amazing cookbook! Just can't justify it as it is heavy on meat and chicken recipes and a lot of the recipes are complicated to me with one or two unfamiliar ingredients and more ingredients and steps than someone who likes to cook simply and is short on time can realistically achieve.

Marathon

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:12 pm
Recipes looked delish but seems like she likes middle eastern foods and using a lot of spices I'm not used to. Nearly every recipe is spicy so I would have to adjust as that's not my family's style

tichellady

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:21 pm
I like it, don’t love it

flowergirl8

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:21 pm
I've made about 8 recipes so far and have loved them all. Made the pastas, fish roll, salad dressings, artichoke chicken, a dessert, string beans...
Every single thing has been between good and amazing. Most towards the amazing side. I'm someone who buys all new cookbooks, looks through them and marks like 100 recipes to make and ends up making zero. I find this cookbook has become my go to.
Honestly for the tons and tons of amazing salad dressing recipes alone I find it worthwhile.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics