Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Spin-off

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:19 pm
Where did everyone go today? Was it crowded where you went?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:26 pm
We went to the grocery, it was not crowded.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:34 pm
I went to work in the hospital. Not to bad today. I am not in a NY and we only had one new COVID today.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:38 pm
DH went to shul at a backyard minyan. I went to the dry cleaners and the library (contactless pickup). The kids didn't go further than our backyard. No crowds anywhere. Tomorrow we're going to the Bronx Zoo. We have timed tickets and they're keeping numbers down and requiring masks. I hope it wit be a nice outing.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 10:42 pm
Israel is still in lockdown, at least until Thursday, and possibly longer. The numbers are not going down as quickly as hoped.

Meanwhile, the weather is creeping back into the upper 90's, so I'll be avoiding the heat as much as possible anyway.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 11:03 pm
We're quarantining awaiting covid results. We are at home (not crowded, but def cozy with nowhere to go). We ventured out to our backyard sukkah and to the drive thru pharmacy. No crowding at all.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Oct 05 2020, 11:08 pm
We got ice cream. We went on the early side to not have a line, which worked.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:30 am
We went apple picking! Lots of people but still was not crowded at all. We had to wear a mask to enter and to leave, which I thought was silly but ok, wasn't a big deal. We purposely went to an outdoor place so we wouldn't need masks.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 8:28 am
We went to Urban Air early, right when they opened. It was practically empty. More families started showing up around 11:30, but our time slot was almost up by then.
They were very strict with capacity limits, we saw lots of people waiting on line outside when we left.
Of course, going early meant we had the whole afternoon to find more entertainment, which for us meant visiting family.
Today I think we'll just stay home.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 8:37 am
(Israel) I went to the grocery store. It was pretty crowded, more I expected.

keym

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 8:44 am
We went to a park with a small farm.
Very large space.
There were a lot of people there, but it was spacious enough that everyone was able to find a spot to play ball or whatever and it didn't feel crowded.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 9:22 am
Yesterday:
Walk around the neighborhood in the morning, socially distanced backyard visit with friends (mainly to allow her husband to eat in an empty succah since they don’t have one). And then a visit to a new park.

Today:
New park and grocery shopping this morning and small local zoo in the afternoon- timed tickets and masks.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 5:54 pm
beach not crowded, just another (frum) fam

Einikel

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 5:57 pm
Brinx zoo not crowded
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics