Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
After yom tov weight loss contest
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 8:12 am
Anyone want to join a weigh loss contest the day after yom tov? I’ve done it before and it worked so well! Had a group of about ten people and we each gave 100$. We posted a picture of our scale each week and after eight weeks the one who lost the highest percentage of weight won the entire pot!

frum violinist

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 5:21 pm
I would love to join!
how do we do this?
please contact me!

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 5:24 pm
I want to join!
Hard timing for me. But would be so good for me too.

I don't need to lose much though...
Hm. What to do?

How is the $ collected? And how is it distributed after?
Also not sure how to attach a picture...

frum violinist

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 5:30 pm
maybe once we get a group together we put the money in an escrow account and then we create our own email list -we can communicate better that way.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 5:31 pm
Seems to me to be a recipe for crash dieting. The point isn't to hysterically, frantically lose as much as you can in 8 weeks, the point is to trim down long term and be healthy.

And I can understand doing this with real life friends, but do you really trust strangers on the internet? How do you know that anybody is posting their real starting weight and their real weight at the end? Very easy to send a pic with their teen dd standing on scale...

I think this could be a nice incentive if $10 were put up. But for $100 the stakes are too big, and it will encourage people to crash diet.

frum violinist

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 5:36 pm
we arent strangers- we are imamothers! nice frum ladies trying to look slim after eating too much brisket, mashed potatoes, cake and icecream after one month of yomtovs! and seven months of corona- kids around and being way too close to the fridge all the time.Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 7:26 pm
I did it before over a watsapp group and it worked out really well! The winner lost the largest percentage of body weight which made it fair for everyone....

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 7:36 pm
I would love to join!!!
Im actually planning to start tomorrow and im horrible at dieting!!!
And this would definitely be a push for me....

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:21 pm
I’d love to join but I feel this contest is unfair. I lose extremely slow and even though my effort might be 100%, the one who only did 90% can easily beat me with the weight loss amount.
I’d love a contest of sorts without the $ here. Any suggestions?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:24 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I’d love to join but I feel this contest is unfair. I lose extremely slow and even though my effort might be 100%, the one who only did 90% can easily beat me with the weight loss amount.
I’d love a contest of sorts without the $ here. Any suggestions?

Don’t worry about “fair” and “beating”. Reframe to encouragement and accountability. Take charge of your life.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:24 pm
770613 wrote:
I would love to join!!!
Im actually planning to start tomorrow and im horrible at dieting!!!
And this would definitely be a push for me....

Meeeetooo.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Don’t worry about “fair” and “beating”. Reframe to encouragement and accountability. Take charge of your life.

It would still be discouraging to keep losing a contest because my body loses slowly. I definitely want to do a contest of sorts but not for the biggest amount of weight loss. More like a contest of the least cheats I did etc.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:37 pm
Thats why is not the total amount but rather percentage that determines the winner. Not really sure how it works but could we start a watsapp group for this? Cant wait another day to start a diet LOL

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did it before over a watsapp group and it worked out really well! The winner lost the largest percentage of body weight which made it fair for everyone....

Did you do it with people you knew where it's easy to collect and distribute the money or with random amothers?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:41 pm
Did it with random ladies so we didnt mind posting our scales. The chat was also used to encourage and vent. We all quickpayed the money to one lady who agreed to hold the cash and she sent it to the winner in the end.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 8:51 pm
I would only do this if as a group everyone was on a similar plan. Obviously people who go on unhealthy plans such as optavia or other crash diet will lose faster but that's not the goal in long term weight loss. I would do a calorie counting low carb diet contest.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone want to join a weigh loss contest the day after yom tov? I’ve done it before and it worked so well! Had a group of about ten people and we each gave 100$. We posted a picture of our scale each week and after eight weeks the one who lost the highest percentage of weight won the entire pot!

yes op, it seems like enough amothers would like to join. Can you post how we go about collecting the money please? Who should I send $100 to? Should I mail it to you? What's your name and address?

benny

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:23 pm
Following... sounds like something I may be interested in. But need many of the questions Asked on here clarified.

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:36 pm
benny wrote:
Following... sounds like something I may be interested in. But need many of the questions Asked on here clarified.

same here but as well we would need to clarify things first....

octopus

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 9:51 pm
$1000 is way too much money on the line. Could encourage a real cheat. Losing a $100 per person is a lot. Making it $100 and each person $10 is much more reasonable. Who drops $100 like that??? Am I a weirdo?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise