Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you don't want to test, THAT'S FINE!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 10:08 am
Just please stay home. And consider yourself positive. Quarantine. Keep your family members home. Be considerate of others.

Not testing does NOT mean you aren't contagious.

Who are you trying to fool???

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 10:50 am
I have a horrible cough, runny sneezy nose, no fever , no aches, did not lose smell or taste.
I tested negative for corona.
I am always sick during this time if the year.
I go for testing for flu and strep and get negative results. My body just gets run down.
I will stay home and if I need to go out, I will wear a mask
which I have been doing all this time, so where did I catch this bug? Oh maybe In shul?
I was in shul yk, only three of us wore masks. The elderly ladies did not, and they were coughing away. But I wore a mask ( yes over my nose the whole time)

Not everyone who is sick has corona.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:45 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I have a horrible cough, runny sneezy nose, no fever , no aches, did not lose smell or taste.
I tested negative for corona.
I am always sick during this time if the year.
I go for testing for flu and strep and get negative results. My body just gets run down.
I will stay home and if I need to go out, I will wear a mask
which I have been doing all this time, so where did I catch this bug? Oh maybe In shul?
I was in shul yk, only three of us wore masks. The elderly ladies did not, and they were coughing away. But I wore a mask ( yes over my nose the whole time)

Not everyone who is sick has corona.

So you were responsible and tested. Enjoy your errands.
But If you hadn't tested, you would have had to assume you were positive and stayed home totally.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:47 am
Do you think it's coming from allergies? I have similar and think it's an allergic asthma.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:48 am
People who are sick with contagious illnesses shouldn't be going out. Stay home. It doesn't matter if it's COVID or not.

yksraya

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:51 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
People who are sick with contagious illnesses shouldn't be going out. Stay home. It doesn't matter if it's COVID or not.

The tricky part is tho, that many of us have frequent sinus or other symptoms due to allergies. It is not contagious. Not every sneeze is covid.

That being said, if you suspect it's more than that, stay home.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:57 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:

The other big difference is should the family quarantine. Covid means the whole family should stay home. Your average cold doesn't require that.

When my husband woke up sick one morning a few weeks ago we both got tested. When it was negative, he still stayed home for the week but I went back to work.

nchr

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 1:59 pm
I think if your eyes are itchy and you have symptoms typical of something else that you get annually that you don't have to assume it is COVID19. If you have reflux that causes a sore throat, that's what it probably is. If you have a chronic sinus infection that gives you pressure in your face and shows up in October, that's probably it. If you get itchy and runny nose when you are around smoke and you went to your cousins house who smokes indoors, that's what it is. If you are in doubt, ask your doctor and definitely if something is more telling (like known exposure + new symptoms) stay home and test.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:02 pm
yksraya wrote:
The tricky part is tho, that many of us have frequent sinus or other symptoms due to allergies. It is not contagious. Not every sneeze is covid.

That being said, if you suspect it's more than that, stay home.

I have allergies.

There's a difference between being sick and having allergies.

I've also been really on top of my antihistamines so that my allergies in no way get confused with illness by on onlooker or my coworkers.

but people here are actually saying they or their spouse/kid/acquaintance are going out sick.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
The other big difference is should the family quarantine. Covid means the whole family should stay home. Your average cold doesn't require that.

When my husband woke up sick one morning a few weeks ago we both got tested. When it was negative, he still stayed home for the week but I went back to work.

True. Which is why if the sick person gets tested, everyone else in contact can feel a little more certainty about whether it's covid or not.

So yes, you can go back to work, etc.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:03 pm
But If you hadn't tested, you would have had to assume you were positive and stayed home totally.

But you, seeing her on the street, wouldn’t know if she tested or not, and would make mean judgements about her. Some people might even say something to her.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:04 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:

You don’t know if what someone has is contagious or not.

yksraya

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:06 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I have allergies.

I've also been really on top of my antihistamines so that my allergies in no way get confused with illness by on onlooker or my coworkers.

but people here are actually saying they or their spouse/kid/acquaintance are going out sick.

I sometimes feel really sick when I have allergies Bec it turns into sinusitis and is sometimes so severe that I'm not sure what I'm Ill with. Till I figure it's sinus again.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:07 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I have allergies.

For you there is a difference. Not for everyone.
Not everyone takes antihistamines on a regular or even semi-regular basis. I have one child who refuses to do ANYTHING for allergies (except complain.)

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:07 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
You don’t know if what someone has is contagious or not.

I don't.

But if I feel sick, not allergy-y, but sick, I would assume it's some virus or strep or something.

I would be staying away from people.

I would not be sharing food with my kids.

I would be wiping down doorknobs and high touch surfaces at home.

because we all know, these things are contagious.

If someone has a broken leg, they don't need to assume it's contagious.

I think we all have some common sense.

We need to stay away from people when we're sick, always, not just in COVID times.

And people who are sick know they are sick with something, even if they don't know if it's strep/flu/cold/covid.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:12 pm
FTR when I had COVID19 in March (or I suspect I did) my doctor was telling me it is allergies that turned into an asthmatic reaction. I was on so many allergy meds. I had never experienced these as allergy symptoms before.

Had a dry cough for 2 weeks
Chest pain, tightness, pressure for 2 weeks (which my dr said could be asthmatic)
Low grade fever for 5 days
Chills for a few days
Loss of appetite and lost 10 pounds (thought b/c of allergy meds)
Mild shortness of breath (which my dr said could be asthmatic)
GI upset for a few days (thought from allergy meds)
Sighing/yawning type breathing for 3 weeks (which my dr said could be asthmatic)
Fogginess, tiredness, irritability (thought was from allergy meds)

It all started getting better after 2 weeks and I never had those symptoms again. Later I did get allergy symptoms which were TOTALLY different, but I think since these feelings were so new for me it would have made sense to test, but COVID was so new and my dr didn't jump to that conclusion at the time (this was 2 days before Purim).

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:15 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
FTR when I had COVID19 in March (or I suspect I did) my doctor was telling me it is allergies that turned into an asthmatic reaction. I was on so many allergy meds. I had never experienced these as allergy symptoms before.

Had a dry cough for 2 weeks
Chest pain, tightness, pressure for 2 weeks (which my dr said could be asthmatic)
Low grade fever for 5 days
Chills for a few days
Loss of appetite and lost 10 pounds (thought b/c of allergy meds)
Mild shortness of breath (which my dr said could be asthmatic)
GI upset for a few days (thought from allergy meds)
Sighing/yawning type breathing for 3 weeks (which my dr said could be asthmatic)
Fogginess, tiredness, irritability (thought was from allergy meds)

It all started getting better after 2 weeks and I never had those symptoms again. Later I did get allergy symptoms which were TOTALLY different, but I think since these feelings were so new for me it would have made sense to test, but COVID was so new and my dr didn't jump to that conclusion at the time (this was 2 days before Purim).

yeah that's pretty extreme.

I think things like some sneezing/watery eyes/congestion are what people are describing as more typical seasonal allergy type experiences, which do feel much different than feeling sick.

March was a weird time. Glad you're feeling better.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:39 pm

yes, if I hadn't tested, I would stay home and wear mask around family members.
I am still careful with other members, don't let them touch anything I did, do not stand to close to them when alking etc.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:39 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
yeah that's pretty extreme.

I think things like some sneezing/watery eyes/congestion are what people are describing as more typical seasonal allergy type experiences, which do feel much different than feeling sick.

March was a weird time. Glad you're feeling better.

Yes, when I look back, I know if I would have had the symptoms 2 weeks later the doctor would have been screaming COVID and I would have been able to test. I also would have stayed home which I didn't since I thought it was allergies.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:41 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:

agree.
but sometimes one does need to go out, maybe a doctor visit. therefore masks are a good idea these days if one has a cold, cough or sneezing
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics