Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Day trips with covid
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:07 am
Please dont bite my head off.
We are awaiting results but my husband likely has covid.
Any ideas of what we can do out of the house ?
One great idea, we drove near the airport and sat outside our car and watched planes take off and land. No other ppl around. Kids loved it.
We cant do long walks cuz I'm 8 m pregnant and cant tolerate it.
Kids 11-baby
Like are we allowed to go to a playground w no other ppl?
Are we allowed to go apple picking if we stay far from other ppl?
Any other ideas?
Pls dont yell at me.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:19 am
Not yelling at you, but I'm planning to go apple picking as well and I would be really upset if I knew the people standing behind me were covid-positive. I understand your position though, since I have a child with asthma and technically I should be staying home as well.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:20 am
Hugs I feel your pain since I was also on quarantine. Honestly you shud just go “YouTubing” I mean just let them watch videos of different things. Chazaq has free 3hour show (cholhamoed.live)
Or go on long car drives.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:23 am
Stay home! You don’t want to be yelled at? Then don’t make plans that are dangerous to others!!

When my husband and I had covid Over pesach you know where we went on our Chol hamoed trips? NOWHERE! We stayed home! Which is what you should do.

And if you think this is ‘yelling’ wait for the other responses ! I suspect others might shout louder

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:24 am
You can quarantine so you don't spread the virus!

number

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:29 am
If your husband is likely COVID positive you need to stay home. Driving around in a car is not acceptable. What if you’re in a fender bender and you need to interact with another driver. You need to stay inside where no one else needs to interact with your germs.

As for your idea of going to an empty playground, I won’t yell at you. I’ll leave that job to someone else.

amother
Green

If you go apple picking you will come in contact with the cashier etc. Can you guarantee nobody in your family will use the bathroom? If you are going to a park, have your kids stay off the equipment.

amother
Blue

You can Google a scavenger hunt you do in the car and drive around till you find the stuff. I did it but succos and my kids really enjoyed.
We printed out papers with different things that we needed to find by driving around like a mobile home, boat. Motorcycle, etc. I packed each kid a bag with snack and they had lots of fun

Go on a remote hike with a picnic

Buy ceramics and paint and paint th m at home or do tye dye

Make a human shoots and ladders or human obstacle course with chalk.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:30 am
Are you nuts? Banging head Banging head

hamster

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:31 am
I sympathize with your plight. I am also stuck at home because of a family member who tested positive a week ago but feels fine. I see it as a good time to teach my kids about the importance of being responsible and following rules even when it is really hard. And yes, I agree, it is hard! Especially when the weather is nice & seems like everyone is out having fun.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:32 am
I wouldn’t recommend going anywhere that you might touch any surfaces. And what happens if you need the bathroom? Can you arrange activities at home? Over pesach when everyone was still quarantining, we ordered canvases and paint and had a family painting activity. We also ordered some activities to do outside in our yard. Can’t say it was the most exciting Chol Hamoed, but we had a nice time together.

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:33 am
OMG. Stay home!

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:41 am
Stay home and teach your kids veahavta leraiacha kemocha, how not to be selfish by doing what you want to do whilst compromising other people and do fun things indoors as a family.
Baking, arts and crafts, treasure hunt around the house, make teams and take turns to cook supper each day and decide who wins at the end, play board games, learn something new.

Yes, not what you wanted to hear but there you go.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:43 am
I'll add my voice to the chorus of STAY HOME.

It's people like you who will lead us to having no school until Pesach ch"v.

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 11:47 am
The best activity?

STAY HOME. By driving around you need to stop for gas, maybe snacks, maybe a bathroom.
Buy board games, something to do in your private yard, arts and crafts....
But don't leave your private property!!

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:02 pm
Stay home. Do not go apple picking. That is so unfair to everyone else.
Get a new board game, do an art project, bake, watch a video....
You are quarantined. Stay on your property.

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:09 pm
I think your only safe option is to do something if you stay in the car from beginning to end. No gas or bathroom breaks. The airport was a good idea. If there’s a drive thru zoo in your area that would be great too. Anywhere where anyone in your family needs to come out of the car should be nixed.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:25 pm
No day trips stay home and do family activities sorry but going out on a trip is just not ok. Order some fun things from target let your kids watch have a cake (cupcake)decorating contest. Just chill out and read .it sucks but that's life now the scary part is always feeling on edge you will need to stay in .

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:29 pm
If op is even asking the question I can imagine some ppl are Taking it a step further and not even asking questions and we wonder why we need the authorities to shut us down.

Mothers

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please dont bite my head off.
We are awaiting results but my husband likely has covid.
Any ideas of what we can do out of the house ?
One great idea, we drove near the airport and sat outside our car and watched planes take off and land. No other ppl around. Kids loved it.
We cant do long walks cuz I'm 8 m pregnant and cant tolerate it.
Kids 11-baby
Like are we allowed to go to a playground w no other ppl?
Are we allowed to go apple picking if we stay far from other ppl?
Any other ideas?
Pls dont yell at me.

Not biting your head off, but please STAY HOME!!! All of you! If your husband tests positive, you all need to quarantine, as you have been exposed to this virus and going out can potentially expose others. Lots of (virtual) hugs and sympathy, as I am sure it is very difficult and disappointing, but please stay home and do not put others at risk.

Wishing a quick and easy recovery to your husband and a refuah shelaimah to all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics