Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Can DS go to Israel to Yeshiva after Sukkos?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 2:35 pm
My son would like to go to Yeshiva in Israel for the upcoming zeman. I know that the girls seminaries have arranged flights and permits... what are the current options for boys? Thanks!

Colorpop

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 3:02 pm
Chaim V’Chessed has a website with a lot of helpful information.
They also have a hotline to call with questions.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 3:08 pm
You have to be in touch with the yeshiva. They are responsible for getting him a visa, and they will be responsible for keeping him in quarantine for two weeks when he arrives.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 3:28 pm
Seeing as Israel is in complete lock down, I think the best idea would be to first contact the Israel consulate to see if he would even be allowed in at the moment.
And just remember, he would have to quarantine, all alone, for the first 2 weeks he is here in Israel.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Oct 06 2020, 3:33 pm
Talk to the school. The Mir, for example, has it set up so that they don't charge you until you actually start the zman. They have an estimate for when that is based on today's news and update their students as needed, because they are in regular contact with the necessary officials. He would need to apply for the ishur ASAP.

The short answer is yes, but there's no guarantee of when it will be.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 3:33 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Talk to the school. The Mir, for example, has it set up so that they don't charge you until you actually start the zman. They have an estimate for when that is based on today's news and update their students as needed, because they are in regular contact with the necessary officials. He would need to apply for the ishur ASAP.

The short answer is yes, but there's no guarantee of when it will be.

How does one apply for the Ishur?

Thank you.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 3:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How does one apply for the Ishur?

Thank you.

The school applies for the ishur on behalf of the student. You have to contact the yeshiva and they will apply for him.

It can't happen immediately, as the government is not processing student visas during the lockdown. So it will likely be at least a week after the lockdown ends before he can get a visa. The yeshiva is responsible for keeping him in quarantine for two weeks after he arrives. If they don't have the facilities to do that, the ishur won't be granted.

Talk to the yeshiva and see what they can tell you.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:26 am
Are seminary’s still planning on opening after succos?? I find that hard to believe with the country on total lockdown.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:33 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Are seminary’s still planning on opening after succos?? I find that hard to believe with the country on total lockdown.

I know that Michlalah is planning to open. Student visas will only be available after October 18, so the opening will be delayed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics