Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
What’s the situation with second days in Boro park?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 9:39 am
Will kids be allowed in Shuls? Are all parks closed?
My in laws are home alone and really want us to come but I don’t want to go if nothing going on there. Their shul is in the red zone I think

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 9:48 am
Maybe it would be even better to go visit the in laws because, as of now, shuls will be max'd at 10 people. Maybe they'd really appreciate bringing the simcha to them?

Mothers

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 11:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My in laws are home alone and really want us to come but I don’t want to go if nothing going on there. Their shul is in the red zone I think

At this point, I don’t think anyone really know how this will all play out . . .

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 11:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Cuomo hasnt signed the new anti-semitic decree yet. He will presumably sign it on friday which will be too late for anyone to file a lawsuit against him and inspectors/cops will show up at shuls Shabbos and Simchas Torah to get everyone out. Just like they did in Canada. Even though there is a court order saying he cant do that and he will be in contempt of court. But he is King Cuomo and can do whatever he wants. I would stay away from Boro Park for now. And hope that people from Boro Park go to the mountains or other places that are not red or orange zones.

BTW, the red and orange zones is an Israeli thing, right? So he is copying Israel but only in the Jewish neighborhoods because Jews. Whatever. I am over this and hope Jews in NY will wake up and vote these hypocrite democrats out of office.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 11:25 am
My kids are so disappointed. Simchas Torah is the favorite day and they wait all year.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 2:38 pm
Cuomo just signed this new anti-semitic decree so people living in red zones should find other places for Yom Tov if they want to attend Shul on Shemini Atzeres or Simchas Torah-- https://www.governor.ny.gov/ne.....gency

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My in laws are home alone and really want us to come but I don’t want to go if nothing going on there.

I’m torn between commenting on how selfish you’re being by not wanting to go and thinking your in laws would be better off staying alone for YT

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 4:27 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I’m torn between commenting on how selfish you’re being by not wanting to go and thinking your in laws would be better off staying alone for YT

I’m honestly not sure what you’re talking about

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:21 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:

What's wrong with visiting family? There's no law against it.
At this point nothing is selfish!!!! We should start doing whatever we want because whatever we do, is not enough. They'll always find fault in us. It's time to take matters into our own hands and say enough is enough. Sick people stay home, the rest, put on a mask and go wherever you want.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 6:45 pm
I live on Long Island, which is rapidly becoming another covid hotspot. No one is shutting my shul down, but we are voluntarily limiting the number of people per minyan so that everyone can keep their distance from each other, as we have since we reopened. Masks are required at all times.

Simchat Torah is going to be about Torah, not a big free for all party. Since we missed leining 14 parshiyot while shuls were closed in the spring, we are using the abbreviated hakafot as a way to symbolically make them up. In each minyan, first at night and then again in the morning, 7 men will get up and say a short dvar Torah about one of the parshiyot and then that same man will get to hold the Torah and circle the bimah for a brief hakafa while the tzibbur sings from their seats. In that way we will have divrei Torah and simcha but limited opportunity to spread a contagious disease. There won't be any big childrens' hakafot or kol hanearim under 1 big tallit, but the rav is planning on personally delivering goody bags prepared by the Neshei to families before Yom Tov begins. Iy"H next year we will be able to go back to our usual bigger Simchat Torah celebrations, but that doesn't make sense this year.

rikkik

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 7:05 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I live on Long Island, which is rapidly becoming another covid hotspot. No one is shutting my shul down, but we are voluntarily limiting the number of people per minyan so that everyone can keep their distance from each other, as we have since we reopened. Masks are required at all times.

Simchat Torah is going to be about Torah, not a big free for all party. Since we missed leining 14 parshiyot while shuls were closed in the spring, we are using the abbreviated hakafot as a way to symbolically make them up. In each minyan, first at night and then again in the morning, 7 men will get up and say a short dvar Torah about one of the parshiyot and then that same man will get to hold the Torah and circle the bimah for a brief hakafa while the tzibbur sings from their seats. In that way we will have divrei Torah and simcha but limited opportunity to spread a contagious disease. There won't be any big childrens' hakafot or kol hanearim under 1 big tallit, but the rav is planning on personally delivering goody bags prepared by the Neshei to families before Yom Tov begins. Iy"H next year we will be able to go back to our usual bigger Simchat Torah celebrations, but that doesn't make sense this year.

Sounds beautiful. and sensible. Many Shuls in Midwood have been acting responsibly. My parents shul didn't even allow women into shul first days so the men could spread out and social distance. Masks were required. A non-Jew stood by the outside gate and took everyone's temperature before they stepped into shul.
But now that I feel that this is anti-semitic and targeting of all frum Jews- it is a different feeling. it's a different feeling when it's arbitrary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries