Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Diaperphobia
Previous  1  2

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 4:47 pm
With my first, I silently prayed/braced myself for the possibility of poop at each diaper change. Once I had 3 kids in diapers at the same time I wasn't fazed by much anymore - certainly not poop.

imasinger

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 4:51 pm
Depends on the bigger picture, and the level of "disability."

I certainly did most of the diaper changes, but DH took care of other things that I didn't feel like doing, and if I needed him to do a diaper change, he would.

DD has a deal with her DH -- whoever notices or smells it first changes it, otherwise, whoever is handling the kid for that time (wake up, bath, etc) does it.

mp5

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 4:57 pm
When my kids were babies my husband would do his part, but after the first he wasn't very keen and then it bothered him more and more. He did it anyway because he's always helped, until we struck a deal (my idea, after seeing and appreciating his hard work with fixing a sewage blockage): I would give him a pass from changing diapers, and he would always fix any bathroom plumbing issues at once and without complaint... for always.
We both thought we got the better part of the deal, and even now that our kids are all grown (and plumbing still has occasional blocks) - he says he would still make the same deal today!

Just to be clear - when times were stressful, or a few babies needed changing, he would voluntarily change diapers despite our 'deal'. Also, if diaper changing would literally make him sick (not just disliking the chore) I would have definitely let him off the hook anyway.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Oct 07 2020, 5:00 pm
I actually have a hard time changing dirty pampers (when kid is older, newborn isn't a problem). My husband kindly does it whenever he is home, when not I am a big girl and do it, but gross.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics