Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Wondering about like-minded Chassidish women in Brooklyn
1  2  3  Next

Do you
Agree  
 42%  [ 46 ]
Disagree  
 36%  [ 39 ]
Nuanced Other Opinion explained below  
 21%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 108

youngishbear

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 10:45 am
I'm curious how alone I am in my views.

That Covid is serious
That we do not have herd immunity yet
That it's not "all political" despite how badly it's being handled politically
That we ought to be taking precautions a lot more seriously, voluntarily
That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted)
That this is nothing like the Greeks or the German persecution of Jews

cnc

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 10:59 am
I’m somewhere in between agree and disagree.
A few weeks ago I would have been in complete agreement ...

Amalia

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:06 am
youngishbear wrote:

That Covid is serious
That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted)

Thank you for writing this! Yes, count me in!

Except that I am in NJ, not NY, and I am not Chassidish.

ecs

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:10 am
I agree with you on everything except that we are not being targeted. I believe the mayor , governor and media would be a lot more circumspect were we asian, chinese or african american. But on all other points you make me feel less like an alien than I currently do in our community.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:24 am
youngishbear wrote:

That Covid is serious

Yes, Covid is serious.
No, We do not have herd immunity yet.
It's not all political, but politics do play a major roll in how it's being handled and treated.
Yes, we should take more precautions.
We are %100 necessarily being targeted by anti semites, I don't know how anyone can even say that not. The targeting is so obvious.
No, it's nothing like the Greek or German persecution of jews bh, hashem should help further.

crust

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:25 am
youngishbear wrote:

1. That Covid is serious
2. That we do not have herd immunity yet
3. That it's not "all political" despite how badly it's being handled politically
4. That we ought to be taking precautions a lot more seriously, voluntarily
5. That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted)
6. That this is nothing like the Greeks or the German persecution of Jews

1. Agree

2. Agree

3. Hm... not all but almost all.

4. Depends if you had it and/or if you are vulnerable or around someone that is.

5. Hm... of course. We're not being targeted. Its just about masks. Tongue Out

As if before this all happened we were the most beloved and accepted people...

Remember the reactions on social media to the Monsey stabbing and similar incidents. If you need reminders go check out the posts all over the internet from back then.

6. Agree but the jew hating other jews phenomena is same or worse.
The constant threads on this site slamming other Jews is the biggest proof.

I saw a Fox's post yesterday and I appreciate the way she explains how conspiracy theories develop even amongst educated people.

I don't know which thread that was on but I do want to thank her for explaining something that has been bothering me for a while.

How did I lose my faith in almost everything I believed in about NY, the CDC and so many other things?

Thanks for that post fox.

Gut Yom Tov and a Gitt Kvittel.

gande

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:36 am
I agree totaly I strugle to deal with my feelings of anger especialy at ppl who are sick and they or their family is out and about also cant forgive the rabis who chasidim squashed together to give hand for lshna tova many got sick from it and now my grandfather who belongs to that kehila has covid

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:39 am
I am chassidish, used to live in bklyn, and have a much more nuanced view than, covid is a hoax, we have herd immunity anyways, the testing is rigged, and the govt is Nazis. Does that count? I didn’t vote because I don’t have time or patience to write out my nuanced view. Nor do I know exactly what it is.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:42 am
gande wrote:
I agree totaly I strugle to deal with my feelings of anger especialy at ppl who are sick and they or their family is out and about also cant forgive the rabis who chasidim squashed together to give hand for lshna tova many got sick from it and now my grandfather who belongs to that kehila has covid

I feel similarly. What do I do while I watch people basically saying that they just don't want to help us be safe, and stay in school, and stay healthy, and make more (safe/healthy) weddings and fewer funerals? That basically they think they are exempt because they are jewish? Or they create plots to fudge numbers or see how much they cannot get caught violating? And are proud of it?

I cry a lot.

Why can't we just stop trying to be "so smart", and instead just be smart?

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:42 am
I do believe covid is a threat and we need to do anything in our power to limit the spread BUT I think we Chasiddish women have to start standing up for ourselves on this site. So many threads here are opened up just to bash and hate on us .

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 11:50 am
No I don’t think they’re trying to stop us from learning Torah. I do think we make an easy target. I also think we make it way easier by not giving a **** about the rules. I think if we bring on a second wave the antisemitism will be terrifying. I also think that the actual danger of young healthy adults and children dying from this is minimal right now and doesn’t justify us living in paranoia locked in our homes. I also think walking down the street in masks is stupid but so is humongous indoor gatherings.

nchr

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:02 pm
Zehava wrote:
No I don’t think they’re trying to stop us from learning Torah. I do think we make an easy target. I also think we make it way easier by not giving a **** about the rules. I think if we bring on a second wave the antisemitism will be terrifying. I also think that the actual danger of young healthy adults and children dying from this is minimal right now and doesn’t justify us living in paranoia locked in our homes. I also think walking down the street in masks is stupid but so is humongous indoor gatherings.

I agree with you.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:11 pm
Zehava wrote:

What you wrote makes sense.

What frustrates me is that the bolded would be a lot easier if we would protect each other in our public spaces, like in shul and school, using whatever measures are available, however imperfect.

ETA that I don't agree that mask-wearing on crowded streets is stupid, and it could have gone a long way towards improving perceptions about us.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:44 pm
But shouldn't we all wear masks in the streets "mipnei darchei shalom" - so non jews should feel we're all taking it seriously, even if it doesn't really make us/others safer from covid?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 12:53 pm
Do you want answers from Yeshivish women in Brooklyn also, or only Chassidish?

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:05 pm
youngishbear wrote:

That Covid is serious—agree
That we do not have herd immunity yet—not sure
That it's not "all political" despite how badly it's being handled politically— disagree
That we ought to be taking precautions a lot more seriously, voluntarily— agree
That we are not being targeted by antisemites, necessarily (nuanced opinions on this accepted)—disagree
you forgot the inquisition, and this is how it all starts, little by little until we wake up to find out we are in deep trouble

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:19 pm
Never ever have Frum jews been so cocky and openly defiant that’s for sure

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:41 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Yes, Covid is serious.
No, We do not have herd immunity yet.
It's not all political, but politics do play a major roll in how it's being handled and treated.
Yes, we should take more precautions.
We are %100 necessarily being targeted by anti semites, I don't know how anyone can even say that not. The targeting is so obvious.
No, it's nothing like the Greek or German persecution of jews bh, hashem should help further.

This is my opinion exactly. Chassidish.

nchr

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:44 pm
Zehava wrote:
Never ever have Frum jews been so cocky and openly defiant that’s for sure

Never have we held so much power and been so spoiled.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Oct 09 2020, 1:51 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Do you want answers from Yeshivish women in Brooklyn also, or only Chassidish?

I was feeling isolated within my little world. Feel free to post your view.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics