Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Burned out in nyc

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:01 pm
This thread isn’t about politics or whether or not we Should be shut or deserve to be shut.

Fact is I will now be working at home with my kids at home. While dh will be going out to shul and work all day every day. I had this in the spring also and didn’t deal well emotionally at all.

I’m already in a horrible mood thinking about it. I guess I’m looking for chizuk or tips from anyone in the same situation?

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:11 pm
Get babysitting help, it’s life saving. It’s nearly impossible to work and help kids with remote learning simultaneously, something has to give.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:13 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Get babysitting help, it’s life saving. It’s nearly impossible to work and help kids with remote learning simultaneously, something has to give.

So I don’t work a lot of hours. My issue is more the emotional factor of not being in it together with dh. I’m very resentful of being in lockdown and his live continuing as normal. It takes a huge emotional toll on me

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:14 pm
I agree. I know how you feel. Its very tough.

avrahamama

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I don’t work a lot of hours. My issue is more the emotional factor of not being in it together with dh. I’m very resentful of being in lockdown and his live continuing as normal. It takes a huge emotional toll on me

I felt so exactly the same way. And I'm scared of a repeat. But honestly if he has paying work I think I will just be too grateful. His biggest client is winding down and I'm davening for things to keep a steady pace for him.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Can you make it out daily for exercise or me time? Just getting some air is helpful.
As annoying as it is, I would be thankful that he is bringing in income and not look at it like he is getting off easy by not being lockdown. Hopefully this lockdown will be more short l isd than the first one.

little neshamala

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:26 pm
OP why dont you start a new cool "covid hobby" just for you?
Like splurge on a few books that you get to read when he works.
Or buy some acrylic paints, brushes and canvas and paint with a youtube tutorial-while he works.
Learn anything through youtube-dance steps, brush lettering, wood-burning (cheap sets on Amazon), crocheting....anything. and you get to work on it while your husband is at work

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:26 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Can you make it out daily for exercise or me time? Just getting some air is helpful.
As annoying as it is, I would be thankful that he is bringing in income and not look at it like he is getting off easy by not being lockdown. Hopefully this lockdown will be more short l isd than the first one.

By the time I can make it out it will
Be later at night. I also have no cleaning help so everything is on me. BH he is bringing in income, but we still struggle which makes this whole thing much harder

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:27 pm
Can you find one family with similar mindset to ‘co-quarantine’ with. So you have another woman to spend time with during the day or to hang out with a little bit at night, and give some diversity of play to your children.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:28 pm
little neshamala wrote:
OP why dont you start a new cool "covid hobby" just for you?
Like splurge on a few books that you get to read when he works.
Or buy some acrylic paints, brushes and canvas and paint with a youtube tutorial-while he works.
Learn anything through youtube-dance steps, brush lettering, wood-burning (cheap sets on amazon), crocheting....anything. and you get to work on it while your husband is at work

Nice idea in theory but I don’t have a minute to breathe all day

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 10:29 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Can you find one family with similar mindset to ‘co-quarantine’ with. So you have another woman to spend time with during the day or to hang out with a little bit at night, and give some diversity of play to your children.

Yes so Bh this time around I am doing this and hoping that will save me from being suicidal.

elisheva25

Post Sun, Oct 11 2020, 11:34 pm
It’s tough , I am afraid we will soon all be in the same boat in NY
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics