Home

American yeshivish information for aliyah

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries and Aliyah Questions

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 1:44 am
If you are yeshivish but don’t fit in the Israeli chareidi or dl, are considering ( o made) aliyah, please share the information here.
Many people considering aliyah now due to the situation in NY, but is hard to fit in the Israeli boxes.
Please post community, schools, etc to look in to

Happy birthday

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 3:41 am
Hi I live in rbs aleph and help and advise people if they want to live in Israel please pm I try help you

amother

Coral

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 1:42 pm
bump for more responses. thanks

Happy birthday

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:13 pm
Please pm I try help you

Success10

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:45 pm
There are a number of threads on the topic. The general answer is you have to weigh the pros and cons, it might not be in your kids' best interests to make aliyah. The schools you will be accepted to might not have been your first choice.

Location wise, your best bet is Ramat Beit Shemesh Alef. Schools: for girls elementary Bnos Malka and for high school Pneinei Chen. I'm not so saavy on boy's options. I saw a thread on Nitzchei Yisrael and Darchei Noam. https://www.imamother.com/foru.....90299 There is a growing group of like-minded Yeshivish families who would like to raise their boys to have career options, and I think there are schools available for that crowd. The kids would not be fully integrated into mainstream Chareidi society if they attend those schools. That might not be a problem, though.

Other options are to join the Torani community, which is Zionist, with a high standard of halacha but much more open-minded about other factors.

Just some things to consider.

amother

Silver

Post Thu, Nov 12 2020, 2:58 pm
Ramat bet shemesh aleph has many options
Elementary schools are for boys Magen avot, torat moshe, darchei Noam, netzach
Elementary for girls Magen avot, bnos malka, netzach
High school for boys mesifta, maarava, nehora, there is a new high school opening under Rabbi carmi gross
Girls high school is pnenei chen and a few new ones.

You have every type of frum in the yeshivish track.
Come to Israel, you won't regret it.

Shuls you also have many options

amother

Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:12 am
Since this wasn't mentioned...

In RBS many anglos send to the mainstream charedi schools (ie Bais Yaakov Harama for girls, several of the chadarim for boys- Avi Ezri, Toras Shalom, Toras Moshe...)

Reading the thread I think someone could get the idea that the mainstream schools are all born-Israeli families and the Americans all send elsewhere, so thought I'd clarify.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:57 am
You a have to pick a box to vibe with. That's the reality. You don't have to full fit but you do have to live a fine line of being on the same page of the schools and community. You will have to make sacrifices.

grace413

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
there is a new high school opening under Rabbi carmi gross
G

Just want to say that I know Rabbi Carmi Gross personally and I'm sure any school he's in charge of would be a very fine place.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries and Aliyah Questions