Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
AMI Neturai Karta article
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:55 am
I was totally shocked when I read this article. The article portrays neturai karta as tzaddikim and talmudai chachamim who just have a different shitta. I’m sorry but these people are responsible for the murder of so many Jews. I feel sick to my stomach every time I see a picture of them arm in arm with Arab terrorists. Very upset that ami printed such a thing.

ddmom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 8:59 am
I actually found it fascinating!
So interesting to hear from a different point of view!
Why can't we read an article about something we don't approve of? It exist wether we read about it or not, it was nice to hear about what they have in mind when doing something that 99.5% of klal yisrael does not approve of!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:08 am
It left out some very pertinent details. I won't state them here, but do some research on your own about what was found on Arafat's data after he died, about this working relationship.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:12 am
ddmom wrote:
So interesting to hear from a different point of view!
Why can't we read an article about something we don't approve of?

I'm curious if all different points of view get represented there, or only certain ones.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:16 am
I found it inappropriate for a frum publication to publish such an article, especially if they're painting such a bright picture of such a crazy organization that has caused so many tzaaros for klal yisroel and rejoice in terror attacks. So many details were left out.

ima22

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:27 am
I found it very offensive and thought they portrayed them as mainstream yiddishkeit with a slight variation in hashkafa. For anyone who is not fully aware, why would they think twice. It was a complete misrepresentation of neturei karta. Makes me rethink purchasing Ami and wonder what other agendas they are pushing.

yochTR

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:34 am
I thought is was a great article and written real well. Though I was shocked that it was in the AMI

amother
Red

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:39 am
yochTR wrote:
I thought is was a great article and written real well. Though I was shocked that it was in the AMI

It wasn't a balanced article. It either ignored the truly damning thing about the relationship or just didn't research it well enough. Which isn't too impressive from a journalistic pov.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:39 am
The article was about one person, and it was interesting to learn about him. Ex- he originally had no beard and wore a bend down, or how he ran a gmach. It doesn’t mean I agree with his ideas.

Rappel

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:40 am
Ami likes their shock value. Remember when they presented Lev Tahor as ambivalent/positive? I haven't read the article, but this sounds another classic example of their editorial choices.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:49 am
This is in line with the kind of articles Ami has run in the past where they played devils advocate with biased reporting. I stopped bringing this magazine into my house for this reason.

also I can't believe a qualified rav would be ok with these articles which makes me question the credibility of their rabbinical board.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:58 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
The article was about one person, and it was interesting to learn about him. Ex- he originally had no beard and wore a bend down, or how he ran a gmach. It doesn’t mean I agree with his ideas.

bend down?

ddmom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 9:59 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:

Yes! This.
The article was not about Neturei Karta in general and what is their shita, it was an interview with the daughter of one of them. How was it for her growing up in a home with such controversial views!

ddmom

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:01 am
imasoftov wrote:
I'm curious if all different points of view get represented there, or only certain ones.

You're right about that! They would definitely not represent "any kind of views"! Wink

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:19 am
Actually I know the daughter personally and she is a very cute lady. Althought I didn't know before who her father is. When we told her about the interview she said she didn't know they are gonna publish it in such a well-known publication... I don't think she was mamash defending what her father did. But just that she was always very respecting of her father....

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Actually I know the daughter personally and she is a very cute lady. Althought I didn't know before who her father is. When we told her about the interview she said she didn't know they are gonna publish it in such a well-known publication... I don't think she was mamash defending what her father did. But just that she was always very respecting of her father....

So Ami published the article without her knowledge?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:22 am
I’m happy to read about different opinions but in a frum magazine I expect all those opinions to be within the framework of the Torah.

Like, someone in Kiryas Joel has different opinions and outlooks than someone in Passaic but they both ultimately answer to the Torah. I don’t feel like neturei karta is within the framework of Torah.

We don’t give a platform to a reform “rabbi”. It’s more dangerous than a different opinion.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Actually I know the daughter personally and she is a very cute lady.

What does her appearance have to do with anything?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 10:25 am
imasoftov wrote:
bend down?

Fedora,as opposed to the flat yerushlmi hat

tweek

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 11:46 am
My issue with AMI printing these types of articles is that I understand that a Jewish publication cannot print lashon hora. However, by chosing not to, they are inevitably not telling the whole story which makes for lousy reporting.

Therefore, it is a poor choice of subject matter.

Also, I'm not sure that writing an article (not just this one) about someone controversial and leaving out the negative, absolves them of the lashon Hora issue. By bringing something to people's attention that will automatically bring people to talk about it, they are the cause of just what they think they are avoiding.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room