Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Tahini-Glazed Carrots

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 5:21 pm
This was an very good variant of roasted vegetables. I think it would be okay to eat at room temperature but I like roasted vegetables leftover as a nosh so that might just be me. Very Happy

Tahini-Glazed Carrots

Excerpt From: Molly Mills - Sababa Secrets and Israel's Best Recipes: Recipe Excerpts from the Sababa Cookbook and More

Tahini is a staple at every Israeli homes’ kitchen. It works very well with a bunch of ingredients. And Sussman is quite fond of it. In fact, she made a Tahini cookbook a few years back. This recipe is but one proof of how delicious you make of tahini and how easygoing Israeli cooks are. They usually pick what’s at the farmer’s market, combine it with their reliable flavor blends, and they and they have a meal!

Serving Size: 4

Prep Time: 35 mins

Ingredients:

1 ½ lb. thin carrots, peeled and trimmed
¼ cup pure tahini paste
3 tbsp silan
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp water
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

2. Place carrots in a rimmed baking dish, drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then, toss in ground cumin and half of the salt.

3. Place the baking dish into the oven and let the carrots roast for about 25 minutes, tossing the carrots halfway.

4. Meanwhile, mix together tahini, silan, lemon juice, the remaining olive oil, and water, plus the remaining half teaspoon of salt and cayenne pepper, until smooth and well blended.

5. Once the carrots are done, drizzle with some of the tahini glaze, toss, and serve.

6. Place the remaining tahini glaze in a small bowl and serve on the side
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics