Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Honey Harissa Pargiyot

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 12 2020, 5:25 pm
This was very good and would work for any chicken parts with adjustments for cooking time. However, I think that dark meat is generally better for braised chicken especially if one wants leftovers as dark meat is more forgiving.

I did not make the recipe exactly as written as I used skinless boneless thighs as I don't think chicken skin adds much to a braised dish except fat. So I skipped the broiling part at the end since there was no skin which also simplified preparation.

Honey Harissa Pargiyot

Excerpt From: Molly Mills - Sababa Secrets and Israel's Best Recipes: Recipe Excerpts from the Sababa Cookbook and More

Harissa is a Middle Eastern dipping sauce made with roasted bell peppers, chili peppers, and spices. It’s a loaded sauce that is commonly served with pita bread and other dinner favorites. Best of all, it can also spice up many dishes, including this chicken thigh dinner that’s definitely made more colorful and delicious with the addition of Honey Harissa! Let’s get it on!

Serving Size: 4

Prep Time: 25 mins

Ingredients:

6 pcs boneless chicken thighs, patted dry
4 tbsp harissa, divided
3 apricots, halved
3 onions, cut into wedges
1 tbsp scallions, thinly sliced
3 tbsp honey, divided
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 ¼ cups chicken broth
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 ½ tsp cornstarch
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

1. Preheat the broiler; arrange the oven rack at the upper third level.

2. Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons each of harissa and honey in a large bowl together with vinegar, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.

3. Sprinkle chicken generously with salt and pepper.

4. Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium fire and brown chicken for about 10 minutes total, flipping once.

5. Remove chicken to a plate lined with some paper towels.

6. Meanwhile, drain the oils from the pan, leaving only about 2 tablespoons.

7. Sauté onions for about 5 minutes, stir in honey harissa sauce, and simmer until thickened.

8. Put the chicken back into the pan, plus the apricots and let it simmer for about 10 minutes, flipping once.

9. Transfer the skillet to the oven and let it broil until the skin turns golden and crispy.

10. Garnish with sliced scallions before serving.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey