Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Funny remote work incidents

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 3:34 pm
I work for a large, publicly traded corporation and my department had a large virtual "party" via video chat that my kids decided to sit in on. At one point, they celebrated all the babies born to employees this year, and as they began to read the babies' names, my 4 year old says "Is there going to be a bris?" Fortunately we were on mute.

Anyone else?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 5:02 pm
Nobody had any younguns interrupting. Nobody was caught Zooming in underwear. One guy’s dog barked in the middle of a meeting. Some people found that amusing.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:16 pm
on the phone with my kids playing in another room. client still heard them and asked how many are there. I said three. he answered "boy thats alot of kids for one person to have!

(good thing he didnt know I was pregnant to bh lol)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:17 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
on the phone with my kids playing in another room. client still heard them and asked how many are there. I said three. he answered "boy thats alot of kids for one person to have!

(good thing he didnt know I was pregnant to bh lol)

That's especially funny here on imamother where three is considered tiny. I have three also.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:20 pm
I've been on a number of zooms that have gotten interrupted by my special needs 13 year old twins-- -mostly just silliness--- my daughter coming into the room to say hi to everyone on my zoom at random times. With my direct sales unit it's one thing--- -when it's a parent meeting for her school and she starts yelling complaints (I muted quickly!) it's not so fine.... lol

But last week my daughter was on a zoom and her brother started melting down with LOUD SCREAMING and a TON of CURSING. I was dealing with the meltdown and I have no idea how quickly she muted (or didn't). She came out screaming for everyone to be quiet--- ugh.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:28 pm
I can't tell you how many lines my coworkers laughed at - when I thought I had muted myself Can't Believe It

Here are some of their favorites from me:

"Stop eating your sleeve, if you're hungry raid the snack drawer."
"Don't open your mouth to look at your reflection in the computer monitor, your whole class is looking at your tonsils!"

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Oct 13 2020, 6:33 pm
I had a call last week. I joined a few minutes early, so did others. We hear someone yelling in the background. It took a few minutes to realize that its actually a TV. A person apologized stating they had a hard time connecting their headset.

I once heard kids playing in the background. We all joked about it. My coworkers slacked me stating that he was outdoors and will mute himself unless he needs to talk. I told him not to apologize, no one needs to know it was him.

In general no one usually apologizes for noise. The last Apology I got was from a customer, her husband didn't realize she was on the phone. She said she will mute herself to yell at him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics