Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Young yeshivish in cleveland

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:04 am
where do they move? is cleveland heights mainly middle age/older or are there couples in their 20s and 30s?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 11:12 am
Both Cleveland Heights and University Heights have families in that age range.

Cleveland is a great place!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:03 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Both Cleveland Heights and University Heights have families in that age range.

Cleveland is a great place!

ok thanks you! just wondering, why would they choose UH over CH if its much more expensive. I know UH is older, but there are some houses that were redone and nicer than UH houses that were more. am I missing something?

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:08 pm
I live in CH.
Uh is more diverse.
I don't know why ppl choose it over CH. We chose CH because cheaper and thought more yeshivish overall.

There are only 2 married couples in early 20s in CH. Average age of young families are older, like in 30-40, have 4 kids+.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:15 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I live in CH.
Uh is more diverse.
I don't know why ppl choose it over CH. We chose CH because cheaper and thought more yeshivish overall.

There are only 2 married couples in early 20s in CH. Average age of young families are older, like in 30-40, have 4 kids+.

There are more than 2 married couples in their 20’s in CH...OP also asked about 20’s-30’s.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:23 pm
ok thank you both! just wondering if we are not associated with any specific kollel is it hard to get acclimated?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:41 pm
We are in early 30’s in Ch.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:48 pm
University heights has a much more “in town” vibe, and has a mix of types. More affluent neighborhood in general, and sort of associated of Beachwood, which is definitely a wealthier And prettier neighborhood.
CH is more yeshivish and simple in general.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:08 pm
I live in UH.

A lot of the young yeshivish families are in this neighborhood because they are/were associated with a kollel on this side of town.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ok thank you both! just wondering if we are not associated with any specific kollel is it hard to get acclimated?

I think most blocks will have friendly people who will reach out to you to welcome you. I am yeshivish and not associated with any kollel, living in UH.

I will say it is harder in the winter. Everyone goes into hibernation. During the summer and during nice weather people are out and about quite a bit.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
I think most blocks will have friendly people who will reach out to you to welcome you. I am yeshivish and not associated with any kollel, living in UH.

I will say it is harder in the winter. Everyone goes into hibernation. During the summer and during nice weather people are out and about quite a bit.

thank you!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:06 pm
another cleveland question. before vouchers were around were the schools very hard to deal with regarding tuition breaks? wondering if the vouchers stop what I should expect Smile hopefully we will have so much we will happily pay full tuition. but in case not...

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:17 pm
My sibling lives in CH. Yeshivish in low 30", oldest child just turned 9.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 3:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
another cleveland question. before vouchers were around were the schools very hard to deal with regarding tuition breaks? wondering if the vouchers stop what I should expect Smile hopefully we will have so much we will happily pay full tuition. but in case not...

I send to HAC and they are very accommodating with tuition.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you live in a failing school district, then your tuition is reduced by edchoice, regards if income.

I think the schools will work with you

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 4:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

In CH it is definitely easier if you are affiliated with a kollel. One kollel in particular is a tight group.

But if you move onto a block that has families in your stage, with kids in your school, then it should be okay.

I am yeshivish not affiliated with any kollel. Very happy here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating