Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Neutral chassidish boys cheder in lakewood

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:09 pm
My dh is chassidish, I'm from litvish family
Although I'm English speaking, my son is mostly yiddish speaking cuz dh and area where we live now is mostly yiddish speaking. (son is just a 2 1/2 year old so will be able to adjust to any type of school)
Which cheder would be a good fit? I don't want too chassidish I just won't fit in, but enough chassidish dh shouldn't feel uncomfortable.

Didn't think how complicated it'll be for a "mixed" chassidish litvish family when I got married.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:11 pm
Maybe demesek eliezer

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:14 pm
Toras Emes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:16 pm
what type of crowd sends there
Do you have more info on these two?

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:17 pm
Maybe Bais Avrohom, Stolin or Satmar (satmar is not very chassidish in lakewood)

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:18 pm
Idk who you are talking to, but Demesek eliezer is light chasidish/ heimish and very frum (not at all “cool” crowd )

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what type of crowd sends there
Do you have more info on these two?

Toras Emes what some ppl would call "Chassidish lite" , they have mostly heimish families, but not too chassidish. Majority does wear shtramilach

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:22 pm
Thank you all

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:24 pm
What about satmar. Are they affiliated with satmar or it's just the name

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There are 2 satmars in lkwd. One is more chassidish and is affiliated and the older one is more of a neutral chassidish school that is not affiliated

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Not affiliated with satmar. I know a family just like yours that sends there-father litvish family, mother chassidish.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:31 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
There are 2 satmars in lkwd. One is more chassidish and is affiliated and the older one is more of a neutral chassidish school that is not affiliated

Can you please share more?
Whats the difference between the two?
How are the melamdim? Is there corporal punishment?
How's the management?
Is there a difference in the parent body and if so what is it?

Btw which girl's school best compares to these chedarim?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:31 pm
Ok thank you so much was really helpful

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:40 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Can you please share more?
Whats the difference between the two?
How are the melamdim? Is there corporal punishment?
How's the management?
Is there a difference in the parent body and if so what is it?

Btw which girl's school best compares to these chedarim?

The one affiliated, is mostly satmar chassidim, and they have a girls school as well.

I don't send to either so I don't know anything about the melamdim or management.

The older one, not affiliated with satmar is more of a heimish/chassidish parent body, not as chassidish. (but def shtramilech)

Don't know about girls schools.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:43 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
The one affiliated, is mostly satmar chassidim, and they have a girls school as well.

I don't send to either so I don't know anything about the melamdim or management.

The older one, not affiliated with satmar is more of a heimish/chassidish parent body, not as chassidish. (but def shtramilech)

Don't know about girls schools.

And why do they call themselves satmar? I'm just curious why they would rather be called satmar than anything else. Is it parents that have a certain shitah?

I'm slowly looking into Lakewood and I don't have whom to ask so I appreciate any info.
Ty

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
And why do they call themselves satmar? I'm just curious why they would rather be called satmar than anything else. Is it parents that have a certain shitah?

I'm slowly looking into Lakewood and I don't have whom to ask so I appreciate any info.
Ty

I honestly have no idea. It's one of the oldest heimish school in lakewood, around for many years.

Dreamer

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 2:38 pm
The Satmar name should not throw you off.
The yeshiva started many, many years ago when I believe Satmar tried to open a kehilla in Lkwd but was unsuccessful. The schools they started- Stamar boys and Bais Rochel girls remained.
There are fathers with bent downs that send there as well, they may require the fathers to grow beards.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:46 pm
Stolin . You would fit in very well there. Litvish havara and stolin is a yeshivish chassidish mix. Also an amazing cheder. I vote number one for them.
Also check out ohr avraham chaim. It's mostly litvish but they have a couple of shtreimels.
Damesek eliezer and bais avraham. - very frum crowd , no smart phones etc. Bais avraham hard to get into.
Old satmar as was mentioned . Great option. Very good cheder too.
Toras emes is light chassidish. Some more withit/ fancier parent body. I would say majority of fathers wear shtreimels but I know a few without. Chassidish havara.
If you wanna go more chassidish theres darchei avoseinu which is more heimish chassidish but doesnt belong to any chassidus. boys go peyos down and behind the ears. Neutral parent body, more simple then toras emes.
All these schools start from kindergarten or primary.
Good luck .

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 2:41 am
Thank you so much cyan
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries