Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where do Jews go next?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:45 pm
gold21 wrote:
They say it's unwise to make aliya with preteens and teens
But the OP was asked as america not being good for jews anymore. So what better place, for jews, than Israel?

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:46 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry, I am not going to tell everyone to make aliyah, but if you need or want to leave where you live because it doesnt feel good for jews anymore, then how is Israel not your destination?
Israel is literally a JEWISH STATE.

I wouldn't go that far Smile it's a democratic state with a majority of Jews.

But it is undoubtedly the place where the Jewish people and the Torah are meant to thrive.

We're working on making it a more Jewish state in the interim.

And we have nevuah telling us that that's where there will be a Jewish kingdom where we willl freely serve G-d in our own Temple. So...

Blessing1

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:46 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I can't understand your anger...

And yes, stockings or no stockings makes a huge difference in the heat...

Not anger, I guess I'm just hypersensitive when it comes to talking about chassidim on imamother because somehow chassidish bashing is tolerated on imamother. I don't think stockings or no stockings make a difference in the 100+ degree heat. When it's hot everyone is hot and you don't spend all day outdoors.
The chareidim in Israel wear stockings and no one faints from them. Same goes for men's levush. No one is outdoors in the heat all day dressed in their chassidish levush.

Reality

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:47 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry, I am not going to tell everyone to make aliyah, but if you need or want to leave where you live because it doesnt feel good for jews anymore, then how is Israel not your destination?
Israel is literally a JEWISH STATE.

Thank you!

People are suggesting such antisemitic countries!!

The whole anti the State of Israel is really a disservice to the Jewish community.

We all know the State of Israel isn't perfect. But it is our county and our land.

This thread is making me so sad.

I may not live in Israel yet but the only place I want to move to is Israel!

Blessing1

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:49 pm
Reality wrote:
Thank you!

The whole anti the State of Israel is really a disservice to the Jewish community.

We all know the State of Israel isn't perfect. But it is our county and our land.

Technically it's not our country till moshiach will come.

shabbatiscoming

Rappel wrote:
I wouldn't go that far Smile it's a democratic state with a majority of Jews.

But it is undoubtedly the place where the Jewish people and the Torah are meant to thrive.

We're working on making it a more Jewish state in the interim.

And we have nevuah telling us that that's where there will be a Jewish kingdom where we willl freely serve G-d in our own Temple. So...
Rappel, I mean a state with JEWS. Thats all. I didnt say a Torah state. I said a Jewish state. I didnt say a frum state. I said a Jewish state. You get my point Smile
It IS a JEWISH state. The chagim are national holidays. The food is kosher. Things like that.

amother
OP

Blessing1 wrote:
Not anger, I guess I'm just hypersensitive when it comes to talking about chassidim on imamother because somehow chassidish bashing is tolerated on imamother. I don't think stockings or no stockings make a difference in the 100+ degree heat. When it's hot everyone is hot and you don't spend all day outdoors.
The chareidim in Israel wear stockings and no one faints from them. Same goes for men's levush. No one is outdoors in the heat all day dressed in their chassidish levush.

עשו שונא ליעקב
Chasidish שונא nonchassidish
Both unfortunate facts as seen clearly here.

achayl

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:50 pm
I'm surprised that making aliyah isn't the first option.

So now it's l'shanah habah b'Florida??

No one said it was an easy move, but sometimes the right decisions aren't always the easy ones in life. (yes we made aliyah with our family a few years ago) Honestly, best thing we ever did.

Reality

Blessing1 wrote:
Technically it's not our country till moshiach will come.

Really? Israel doesn't have a Jewish government?

shabbatiscoming

Reality wrote:
Thank you!

Me too. Very sad.

Success10

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:51 pm
I see this thread got a tad unraveled before I could comment, but I think Atlanta has an amazing community, no? Why is that not on the radar for many looking to move?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:51 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Rappel, I mean a state with JEWS. Thats all. I didnt say a Torah state. I said a Jewish state. I didnt say a frum state. I said a Jewish state. You get my point Smile
It IS a JEWISH state. The chagim are national holidays. The food is kosher. Things like that.

We have that in America as well. My question was where would be a “peaceful” place for Jews to live now. Davening for Moshiach but I don’t feel Israel answers my original question.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:53 pm
Is it possible for someone to move to Israel now without completing the aliyah process? Perhaps coming on a student visa? I am very tempted to take the leap and move but if it involved official aliyah I would need to do a lot more research as to what that means for us legally.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We have that in America as well. My question was where would be a “peaceful” place for Jews to live now. Davening for Moshiach but I don’t feel Israel answers my original question.

You don't have that in America as well. You don't feel as free to walk down the street in a kippah. You can't just register at any university, school, institution and know for a fact there will be no exams on Yom Kippur or Yom Tov. You can't expect, automatically, that your work day on Friday will end with plenty of time to come home for Shabbat (or, like most people, you will have Friday off instead of Sunday).

And I'm just beginning here.

Reality

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Is it possible for someone to move to Israel now without completing the aliyah process? Perhaps coming on a student visa? I am very tempted to take the leap and move but if it involved official aliyah I would need to do a lot more research as to what that means for us legally.

During covid?

Right now those with student visas are finally allowed in the country again. But it is difficult.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im sorry, the kosher food was a bad example. America does NOT have the jewish holidays as national holidays. Thats only in Israel.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:57 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Interesting that you perceived what rappel wrote as "chassidim bashing". I didn't read it that way at all, and I'm quite taken aback at the accusation.

I think if you replace nylon and synthetic stockings with loose cotton or linnen pants, you would be covered and you would not suffer from the heat, a bit like women in Pakistan do it, with a tunika that reaches to the knees and cotton pants under them... I think it's called "Shalwar Kameez"...

Ruchel

If you don't want the army don't get citizenships but you wpn't have all the perks either

mommy3b2c

amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Just get ready to get much less from the government in those states from housing to education.

And Way less taxes. They actually believe in letting people keep their hard earned money so they don’t need to take charity from the government. Interesting idea, right ?

Rappel

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

Interesting. I don't know. I saw an article that the airport is reopening to general travel tomorrow night. It's worth looking into. Smile
Page 4 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating