Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Is this ok to send?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:18 pm
so many meal train posts. it just happens to be my turn to do make supper for family of 4. does this work? would little kids eat? I hope to have time for cookies and soup. if not, would you think its weird to receive only one pan?
https://betweencarpools.com/9x.....eans/

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:20 pm
It’s beautiful. I’d add the cookies or other dessert (don’t bother baking, buy)and perhaps soda cans to make the kids smile. Not a must. Only if you are ok spending the extra few dollars. Soup adds a lot if you have the time.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:22 pm
I wouldn't do it but you do whatever works for you.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:23 pm
It’s perfect. I’m trying to figure out in which world people serve appetizers, soups, a main, two sides, and dessert every night.

sarahmalka

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:23 pm
I'd be happy to receive a dinner like that for a meal train.

rmbg

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:24 pm
Of course you can! Personally I would prefer the green beans separately but that’s personal preference.

yersp

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:24 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
It’s perfect. I’m trying to figure out in which world people serve appetizers, soups, a main, two sides, and dessert every night.

In a world where there's no little kids around and lots of time in the world to patchkeh.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:26 pm
thanks for the replies

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:27 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

I certainly don’t but if I sign up for a meal train and do something only a few times a year I’d try to be more generous if possible. Only makes the mitzvah greater.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:27 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Only when you’re cooking for someone else!

OP, cut up melon would be an easy addition. Or a brownie mix if you’re feeling fancy Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:28 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I wouldn't do it but you do whatever works for you.

you wouldn't because you dont think kids will eat, or because you would not want everything in one pan? just curious to clarify

Stars

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:28 pm
Yum!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:30 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I certainly don’t but if I sign up for a meal train and do something only a few times a year I’d try to be more generous if possible. Only makes the mitzvah greater.

I would classify myself at least about a nine on the generosity scale of 1-10. And those recipients of my generosity would get mounds of meatballs and spaghetti and broccoli. But they wouldn’t also be getting a soup and extra sides and who knows what else.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:30 pm
I wouldn't send such a one pan dinner because sometimes the food gets mixed into a mush and it doesn’t look appetizing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:31 pm
I agree its a great mitzva. im happy to make, I only found out today about it, so looking for something quick and easy. my kids eat pizza pita thursday night... Smile

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree its a great mitzva. im happy to make, I only found out today about it, so looking for something quick and easy. my kids eat pizza pita thursday night... Smile

Any oven dinner is quick and easy. You can do this in 3 separate pans.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:32 pm
I would do it separately.
Especially for someone else.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:33 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I would classify myself at least about a nine on the generosity scale of 1-10. And those recipients of my generosity would get mounds of meatballs and spaghetti and broccoli. But they wouldn’t also be getting a soup and extra sides and who knows what else.

You already mentioned 2 sides. Don’t need more. But a warm soup for a kimperturin can’t hurt. But it’s ok, I’d certainly be happy and feel very appreciative with your warm meatballs if I get from you. These stuff don’t come with rules. It’s really nice to offer and just do the best you can.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:34 pm
It's perfect. Just one pan to keep track of. It's very hard to even serve the kids several courses when you've just had a baby. You want to just scoop it onto a plate and hope to G they'll eat!

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Oct 14 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I wouldn't send such a one pan dinner because sometimes the food gets mixed into a mush and it doesn’t look appetizing.

Worst case we will read about it on the worst meal thread. Wink
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics