Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
My nose is getting red in my 40s

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:53 am
Slowly over the past few years my nose has been getting redder. Now the area around it is getting red too.

Is there anything that can be done to reverse this or do I have to wear a full face of foundation daily? I’m in my mid 40s

cbsp

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:06 am
Have you researched Rosacea?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:59 am
I had this from age 17. You don't need to put foundation on your entire face because your nose sticks out enough that you can get away with only putting foundation on your nose and it looks natural. It helps to put moisturizer on first, then foundation.

The redness may spread to your cheeks too. Mine did, but it bothers me less on my cheeks than on my nose.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Slowly over the past few years my nose has been getting redder. Now the area around it is getting red too.

Is there anything that can be done to reverse this or do I have to wear a full face of foundation daily? I’m in my mid 40s

Are u using any facial cleansers or soaps?
I used to have this and realized it was from using mild cleansers on my skin which I guess were too harsh....

ChanieMommy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:04 am
It could be rosacea...

maybe you should see a dermatologist...

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:04 am
Maybe try a dermatologist to see if anything could be done?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:09 am
It depends on what kind of redness. General skin redness? Visible capillaries? Dry and flaky? Any swelling?

There are laser treatment that can remove capillaries, and surface facials that can smooth out the top layers of skin. If it's a bacterial issue like acne, there are other treatments that can reduce inflammation.

Definitely see a dermatologist (not just a cosmetician!) to find out what to do next. There are TONS of options out there, and you don't need to rely on concealer for the rest of your life.

In the meantime, avoid all forms of alcohol, and spicy food. It can make things worse. Once you know what's going on, ask your doctor about foods, and if they're OK.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics