Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help me market to frum social skills therapists or similar

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:54 am
I have a workshop I would like to offer to therapists who work with kids. Bcbas or slps, ei therapists..
It’s about social skills and social groups. I will do it over zoom so you can join from anywhere.

I am scared because marketing is so expensive and I can’t afford to make mistakes.

Do you think I should go with print ads such as the yated or mishpacha

How many of you here on Ima would be interested in such a webinar? I can advertise here!

What other ways are there to reach frum therapists who work with kids?

Please help me brainstorm.

Thank you for you help, I’m really nervous to try and have my hard work look pathetic with poor attendance.

ssspectacular

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:15 am
Why should therapists want to buy a workshop from you? What are your credentials and experience?

QueensMama

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:29 am
I would not advise you to go with print ads. Unless you have a very large budget, you have a very narrow market and your money would not be well spent. You need more targeted ads.

Since you are targeting professionals, there has to be a very compelling reason for them to attend your webinar and pay for it. Make sure your product is desirable before you waste time and energy marketing it. Perhaps first gauge interest by approaching several people in the field.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:59 am
I don't want to share too much personal information, but I have a lot of related experience and I published articles on the topic, I have a pretty good reputation too, bh.

Thank you so much for the advice not to go with print ads.

Anyone have ideas besides for print ads?

STMommy

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:30 pm
what about an ad/posting on the Nefesh website?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:40 pm
I am not familiar with the nefesh website, thank you so much, I will check that out!

It seems that I will need to reach these people online.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 12:47 pm
Have you offered this workshop before?

Best way to market is word of mouth. Start with a small group, maybe offer a discount or even do it for free, and then use their recommendations to build your brand.

Also, speak to the managers of therapy agencies like yeled v'yalda to see if they'd be open to you hosting a workshop for their staff.

Have good materials prepared (video clips, printed material) so people get a good sense of what you're offering before they sign up for a workshop.

Is this something that can benefit parents or teachers? It would broaden your audience and give you more potential customers. Marketing to therapists only is a pretty narrow focus.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

Best way to market is word of mouth. Start with a small group, maybe offer a discount or even do it for free, and then use their recommendations to build your brand.

Also, speak to the managers of therapy agencies like yeled v'yalda to see if they'd be open to you hosting a workshop for their staff.

Have good materials prepared (video clips, printed material) so people get a good sense of what you're offering before they sign up for a workshop.

Is this something that can benefit parents or teachers? It would broaden your audience and give you more potential customers. Marketing to therapists only is a pretty narrow focus.

This. Offer it complimentary the first time.

imasinger

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:51 pm
Write an article for a Jewish paper or magazine, offering a few tips, and offering your contact information for further information.

forgetit

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 1:53 pm
Where is your audience? Are they online? Where? Do they read print? What do they read?
Are you targeting a frum audience only?
Can you join relevant groups on social media, post on watsapp, etc.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:26 pm
I don't agree with not going with printed ads... you shouldn't rule it out entirely because maybe you can do it in not such an expensive way.

How about flyers hung up at agencies, schools?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:47 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

I appreciate your insights so much.
Offering it for free at first seems like a lot of work, I do have *some* name recognition so I am hoping to do a one time event. But I do see your point in building a brand, and building up a relationship. This is not for parents/teachers , it is really structured.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:48 pm
forgetit wrote:
Where is your audience? Are they online? Where? Do they read print? What do they read?
Are you targeting a frum audience only?
Can you join relevant groups on social media, post on watsapp, etc.

Good questions, I guess I am here to research what the frum therapists on here read, whatsapp groups they would follow etc.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
I don't agree with not going with printed ads... you shouldn't rule it out entirely because maybe you can do it in not such an expensive way.

How about flyers hung up at agencies, schools?

Sounds easy enough! Thank you for this idea

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 2:52 pm
Are you accredited to offer CEUs? You will get a lot more interest from licensed therapists if so.

shaynala

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 4:50 pm
Hi, I'm a social skills therapist, I blend emotional development (self-awareness, self-esteem, emotional regulation, assertiveness etc etc) with social skills (perspective taking, boundaries, cue reading, expected/unexpected behavior, conversation skills etc etc.)
Floor time, play therapy, ABA, CBT have all influenced my style and approach. I've also trained specifically in selective mutism and have blended different approaches (fading, shaping, scaffolding, etc. etc.) B'H successfully.
I think most trained and practicing professionals would only attend a workshop if it's something new to their plethora of experience/background.
Maybe offering the course to parents of challenging children might be an idea. Or offering the course to colleges or training programs to put on their roster.
Hatzlacha with it!!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a workshop I would like to offer to therapists who work with kids. Bcbas or slps, ei therapists..
It’s about social skills and social groups. I will do it over zoom so you can join from anywhere.

I am scared because marketing is so expensive and I can’t afford to make mistakes.

Do you think I should go with print ads such as the yated or mishpacha

How many of you here on Ima would be interested in such a webinar? I can advertise here!

What other ways are there to reach frum therapists who work with kids?

Please help me brainstorm.

Thank you for you help, I’m really nervous to try and have my hard work look pathetic with poor attendance.

I think it's important to determine if there is a need/interest in what you are offering.

amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Are you accredited to offer CEUs? You will get a lot more interest from licensed therapists if so.

shaynala wrote:

I think most trained and practicing professionals would only attend a workshop if it's something new to their plethora of experience/background!!

Echoing these things.
I am on a few WhatsApp chats / google groups for therapists, a lot of people are on instagram as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics