Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My baby might be trying to kill me
Previous  1  2  3  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:08 pm
hodeez wrote:
Is there any advice for the mornings? I'm running on lowlowlow. I just don't get how he was the perfect baby right before his 3 month bday and now he is mamash the opposite Sad and I felt like a horrible mother. Did I break him

How do you define "perfect"? Does that mean not needing your attention?

You can't compare kids. If he needs you more than the other kids did, then that's just the way Hashem made him. I was a super snuggly baby, and my sister wasn't. We're both fine.

Your baby is not broken or ruined or imperfect in any way. He's being a normal baby! He wants his mother. Your NUMBER ONE job right now is to bond with him and make him feel secure. He's begging for you, so please give him what he needs!

(If you're really feeling like you're at the breaking point, you should consider spacing your next few children.)

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 7:27 pm
pause wrote:
A baby carrier saved my life!

My baby is less than 2 months old and is calm and peaceful if I hold her. I got a baby carrier but I'm finding it quite difficult to get stuff done.
I can't squish her by the sink to try to wash dishes. I can't fold laundry she's blocking me from reaching and seeing what I'm doing. Basically almost anything I try to do she's in the way.
So how is it helpful besides giving my arms a break?
I'll take any tips you can give me.

lucky14

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:27 pm
hodeez wrote:
Is there any advice for the mornings? I'm running on lowlowlow. I just don't get how he was the perfect baby right before his 3 month bday and now he is mamash the opposite Sad and I felt like a horrible mother. Did I break him

you mentioned he wakes up at 6. Is this what you mean? Sorry, but 6 is pretty common for babies that age. Not convenient but pretty common.

Learning

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:34 pm
Try a swing. One of my children was very clingy and he loved the swing. Also maybe you can get a young mother’s helper to sit on a rocking chair and rock him.

Last edited by Learning on Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:35 pm
He’s telling you that his love language is physical touch:)

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:36 pm
I say try Tylenol for teething and see if it helps. Takes a pacifier? Maybe put on music. Take baby out for a walk. Put baby is highchair or somewhere to watch you cook. Let your other kids play with baby.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:36 pm
My baby wakes up between 4-6 am. I feed her and put her in a swing in my bedroom while I go back to bed. Can you do that? Will your baby be happy for an hour in your room?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:37 pm
Four months old? Something is bothering him.
He’s way too young to be just spoiled.

chagru

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 8:41 pm
hodeez wrote:
I could have written your post word for word. Perfect good baby, turned impossible, refusing pacifier suddenly so nothing to calm him besides he. My baby just turned 9 months, and from 4-8.5 months was an absolute nightmare, almost lost my mind, never ending screaming if I didn’t hold him, waking up at 6/6.30 to play, I was so stressed from him, the whole house was stressed from him . Only thing I can tell you is Bh it passes, once he started crawling around he became much happier, he’s still demanding, but on a much more normal manageable level. Hang in there, it’s so difficult, but it does pass.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:19 pm
Yes, maybe teething but Motrin is often more effective than Tylenol ime

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:39 pm
You can't give Motrin under 6 months old.

It's important to remember that the baby is crying for a reason. He might be teething, uncomfortable, tired, bored, overwhelmed, or just need to cuddle. Needing to cuddle is fine (and yum, if the other things you need to be doing aren't stressing you out too much to let you enjoy it).

These things come and go. Babies get harder and easier.

Someone mentioned a swing- it was magic for my ds. Definitely worth a try.

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 15 2020, 11:28 pm
My baby stopped screeching when I was out of sight, when she started crawling. She used to yell on top of her lungs when I went out of room she was in. Once she started crawling & getting around, she just followed me into other room. It's called separation anxiety, which is normal at certain age, but your baby seems a bit young

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:54 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
So maybe he just wants to be held. That's as real a need for babies as eating. Get a carrier and wear him all the time. He'll grow out of this stage, but for now this is what he needs.

This.
Every. Single. One. Of. My. Kids.
I joke that I spent twenty years being a baby carrier.
They all grew out of it by three years old but until three I Could. Not. Do. ANYTHING.

They’d be happy in the car with music as long as it was driving (I tried to use side streets to avoid red lights) and also usually happy in the stroller as long as it was outdoors and moving. But if I’d enter a store or meet a friend there were two options: 1. Tell her hi so nice to see you gotta go bec I have a Baby. Or: 2. Shmooze but then Baby would turn on his siren and demand to be held.

Today they are very easy going and independent by the way. I don’t know why they were so hard.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 2:43 am
Great advice here
based on your jarring desperate thread title Oy you might want to consider doing whatever you have to do to get some respite

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 2:45 am
I have an almost 5 month old that has BH been a pretty easy baby so far and I noticed around 4 months that she started demanding more attention. She used to be more content to sit in the bouncer while I ate or did other things, but now she wants to be carried around or held on my lap. Unless he seems really in pain, I think it's probably related to a developmental leap. At that age babies become more aware of the world around them, they can see you better (and know they're not with you), and express emotions about it. You can try the baby carrier when it's convenient or bringing bouncer close to you and talking to him. And maybe your other kids could help by giving him attention.
https://www.parents.com/baby/d.....-old/

imaima

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 2:48 am
hodeez wrote:
He is so smart! He has the eyes of an old sage, I feel like he understands everything

well then you cannot fool him!

Teomima

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 3:16 am
I'm going to join the chorus calling for baby wearing. As soon as you can you can move the baby to your back (use a good soft structure carrier for this, like an Ergo) so it'll be easier to get stuff done.

I had one who lived in her carrier. All the time. Now she's a totally well adjusted, happy, independent young woman.

Butterfly

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 4:47 am
My granddaughter had the exact same issue with her third child.
She claimed that even taking her outside for a stroll was no help at all. It just made matters more difficult because the baby would screach all the time demanding to be held. There was no point in having to wheel the carriage with one hand and holding the baby with the other one.

I bought her a Bumbo Floor Seat at Target's (ordered on line) and it saved her sanity.
She was able to place it on the table, on the counter, on the bed while folding laundry, and wherever else she needed to have her two hands free to be able to accomplish whatever she needed quite 'freely', while her baby was able to sit close to her in a safe, comfortable, and upright position.

This was her lifesaver;
https://www.target.com/p/bumbo.....aw.ds

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 4:52 am
Are you coping OP? Because your thread title is a little alarming.

pause

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 5:11 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
My baby is less than 2 months old and is calm and peaceful if I hold her. I got a baby carrier but I'm finding it quite difficult to get stuff done.
I can't squish her by the sink to try to wash dishes. I can't fold laundry she's blocking me from reaching and seeing what I'm doing. Basically almost anything I try to do she's in the way.
So how is it helpful besides giving my arms a break?
I'll take any tips you can give me.

You can't do everything with a baby carrier, but at least you can do more things than you would with holding the baby, such as preparing supper, folding laundry, and taking care of the other kids which was really my biggest issue. (I don't see why you can't fold laundry; a baby carrier is like being pregnant lol and pregnancy is a hindrance to washing dishes but not to folding laundry IME.)

Once the baby is a bit older (and depending on which baby carrier you have), you can wear her on your back like a briefcase.

Last edited by pause on Fri, Oct 16 2020, 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics