Home

Igud hamosdos l’inyanei corona?
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:24 pm
I picked up one of the robo calls and I think that’s the name they used. It was a rant against the schools’ wanting to test kids in school.

What will these guys come up with next.
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:27 pm
I didn't get a call but our school will do random weekly testing. Don't they need parents consent for this? Because I do not agree to my kids being tested in school. They're hyperventilating about it.
What do they have from testing the kids in school??
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:40 pm
It's mandatory in NYC public schools. I imagine it's either a new requirement or the schools want to get ahead of things and control the testing.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:47 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I didn't get a call but our school will do random weekly testing. Don't they need parents consent for this? Because I do not agree to my kids being tested in school. They're hyperventilating about it.
What do they have from testing the kids in school??
I got th3 form today. It sounds like it’s not mandatory but it’s a simple saliva test, what’s the big deal? I signed it.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:49 pm
youngishbear wrote:
It's mandatory in NYC public schools. I imagine it's either a new requirement or the schools want to get ahead of things and control the testing.
Im in Lakewood. The school said it was part of their compromise with the state. It sounds like they don’t need every parent participating but I personally think it’s a great idea. I signed it.

The robo call I wasn’t a fan of.
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got th3 form today. It sounds like it’s not mandatory but it’s a simple saliva test, what’s the big deal? I signed it.


We didn't get any form. We weren't told that it's a saliva test. We were just told that they'll be testing weekly and we're assuming it's a nose swab. I didn't know covid can be tested with a saliva sample. I'd be fine with that, but I think they need parents consent for any testing they'll do at school. This isn't in NYC.
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im in Lakewood. The school said it was part of their compromise with the state. It sounds like they don’t need every parent participating but I personally think it’s a great idea. I signed it.

The robo call I wasn’t a fan of.


What language was the robocaller ranting in?

I imagined only we yiddish-speaking Brooklyners were the lucky recipients of such annoyances.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:53 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I didn't get a call but our school will do random weekly testing. Don't they need parents consent for this? Because I do not agree to my kids being tested in school. They're hyperventilating about it.
What do they have from testing the kids in school??


Why won’t you let? Don’t you want to keep kids with COVID out of school, so that those in school will be safe. Don’t you want to keep this disease from spreading? My daughter’s school is doing this and I signed consent. What’s the downside?

ETA: this is in Brooklyn
Back to top

amother




Oak
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:55 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Why won’t you let? Don’t you want to keep kids with COVID out of school, so that those in school will be safe. Don’t you want to keep this disease from spreading? My daughter’s school is doing this and I signed consent. What’s the downside?

ETA: this is in Brooklyn

For some reason I partially believe the conspiracy that they are defective tests that will show up positive to inflate the numbers. Don't shoot me. TMI
Back to top

keym




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:56 pm
youngishbear wrote:
What language was the robocaller ranting in?

I imagined only we yiddish-speaking Brooklyners were the lucky recipients of such annoyances.


Accented English.
Oh don't worry.
You Brooklyners are not that special.
Here in Lakewood, we get multiple English and Yiddish robocalls a night.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:56 pm
youngishbear wrote:
What language was the robocaller ranting in?

I imagined only we yiddish-speaking Brooklyners were the lucky recipients of such annoyances.
It was in English with a chassidish accent. We never got them until the chassidish started moving in to the neighborhoods down the 70. At first we got the Yiddish ones. Then they wised up and created an English version as well.
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:57 pm
youngishbear wrote:
What language was the robocaller ranting in?

I imagined only we yiddish-speaking Brooklyners were the lucky recipients of such annoyances.


Not this call specifically but I am a non-Yiddish speaker who lives OOT (with an OOT area code) and yet I still get Yiddish robocalls all the time... They clearly got my my number off of some list.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 9:58 pm
keym wrote:
Accented English.
Oh don't worry.
You Brooklyners are not that special.
Here in Lakewood, we get multiple English and Yiddish robocalls a night.
It sounds ridiculous but I was happy when they started translating. At least now I know what the fuss is about.
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Why won’t you let? Don’t you want to keep kids with COVID out of school, so that those in school will be safe. Don’t you want to keep this disease from spreading? My daughter’s school is doing this and I signed consent. What’s the downside?

ETA: this is in Brooklyn


I don't agree for the school to test via nose swab. It's very painful. The kids are very anxious about it.
They're very strict with sick kids coming to school, I think it's precaution enough.
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
For some reason I partially believe the conspiracy that they are defective tests that will show up positive to inflate the numbers. Don't shoot me. TMI


And I would hesitate for the opposite reason, because I suspect all tests will miraculously come back negative.

I think this is a sad example of how far trust has eroded. We don't trust our politicians, community leaders, or schools.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:01 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
For some reason I partially believe the conspiracy that they are defective tests that will show up positive to inflate the numbers. Don't shoot me. TMI


Nit shooting you - but how do you propose that we get a handle on a potentially fatal, contagious disease?
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:01 pm
keym wrote:
Accented English.
Oh don't worry.
You Brooklyners are not that special.
Here in Lakewood, we get multiple English and Yiddish robocalls a night.


Ouch. Hopefully it syncs up with someone's nursing schedule, at least.
Back to top

amother




Oak
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Nit shooting you - but how do you propose that we get a handle on a potentially fatal, contagious disease?

by davening and saying tehilim. yom tefillas with all jews at the same time, I guess on the phone if we can't join together. storm the Heavens. only HaShem can bring a yeshua
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It was in English with a chassidish accent. We never got them until the chassidish started moving in to the neighborhoods down the 70. At first we got the Yiddish ones. Then they wised up and created an English version as well.


On behalf of all of Brooklyn, I apologize for that unfortunate export.
Back to top

keym




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:04 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
by davening and saying tehilim. yom tefillas with all jews at the same time, I guess on the phone if we can't join together. storm the Heavens. only HaShem can bring a yeshua


So you feel schools and yeshivas should stay closed indefinitely?
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Bar mitzvah in tier 3 corona restrictions. Dh won't budge. W
by amother
32 Wed, Oct 21 2020, 4:28 pm View last post
Corona : A look at the beautiful things
by amother
18 Fri, Oct 16 2020, 5:30 pm View last post
Corona Scuba mask???? 15 Fri, Oct 16 2020, 2:54 pm View last post
S/o pregnant with corona
by amother
8 Thu, Oct 15 2020, 10:17 pm View last post
Pregnant with corona - can I take zinc and vitamin c&d
by amother
35 Mon, Oct 05 2020, 12:58 am View last post