Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Igud hamosdos l’inyanei corona?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 12:59 am
First of all the school are lying, the taste is not forcing them to tests students. The schools make money on each child they test. Financially they are doing this.

The cdc came out that it’s illegal to force any parent to have their child tested. The rabbonim in Lakewood are against it.

Also the schools are making you sign that they share in your child’s medical records and stuff why would I give up my parental rights. The schools didn’t ask for a form to allow them to do corona testing on your kids read the form it’s giving them shared medical authority and it’s not just for one time or one month it’s until they decide. Honestly the form alone I would never sign.

If a parent wants to test their child take them to any urgent care. Why should anything medical be done in school without a parent there?

And why are they forcing parents and lying that it’s state mandated when it’s not. Let them write we make money for every kid we test please sign the from.

chestnut

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:13 am
How are schools making money on kids' testing there?

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 1:34 am
chestnut wrote:
How are schools making money on kids' testing there?

Government is giving money for every test and you don’t need insurance. How do people make money giving the flu vaccine?

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 4:40 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
First of all the school are lying, the taste is not forcing them to tests students. The schools make money on each child they test. Financially they are doing this.

The cdc came out that it’s illegal to force any parent to have their child tested. The rabbonim in Lakewood are against it.

Also the schools are making you sign that they share in your child’s medical records and stuff why would I give up my parental rights. The schools didn’t ask for a form to allow them to do corona testing on your kids read the form it’s giving them shared medical authority and it’s not just for one time or one month it’s until they decide. Honestly the form alone I would never sign.

If a parent wants to test their child take them to any urgent care. Why should anything medical be done in school without a parent there?

And why are they forcing parents and lying that it’s state mandated when it’s not. Let them write we make money for every kid we test please sign the from.

Every single word you wrote is false

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 4:42 am
Government is giving money for every test and you don’t need insurance. How do people make money giving the flu vaccine?

They don't.
In fact, many doctors, especially those who take medicaid lose money on every flu shot. They get paid so little for every shot that it does cover the cost of the shot, their time, the nurses time or the medical billing.

They give them anyways because they care about people.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 6:21 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I didn't get a call but our school will do random weekly testing. Don't they need parents consent for this? Because I do not agree to my kids being tested in school. They're hyperventilating about it.
What do they have from testing the kids in school??

They should test all children before they let them back to school...

Ruchel

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 6:29 am
People call you to rent?

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:29 am
Ok, so I just checked. 20% random testing of students and staff/teachers required on weekly basis. Parents must give written consent.

That explains why our local mosdos now have drives to do antibody testing, they need to know who's negative

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:33 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
They don't.
In fact, many doctors, especially those who take medicaid lose money on every flu shot. They get paid so little for every shot that it does cover the cost of the shot, their time, the nurses time or the medical billing.

So are you saying that cvs is advertising free flu vaccine for all because they care about people and just want to lose money? Please stop the lies.

The government is paying $100 per covid test. I guess you don’t want people to know how much mobey you make giving the test.

keym

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:35 am

Sources?

Also, I read several school forms.
It was authorization for random COVID tests.
That's it.
So if you have a different form than that, 1) maybe share which school 2) then I hear your concerns.

keym

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:38 am
So are you saying that cvs is advertising free flu vaccine for all because they care about people and just want to lose money? Please stop the lies.

The government is paying $100 per covid test. I guess you don’t want people to know how much mobey you make giving the test.

I would like a source that the government is paying $100 per test and the schools make money.
One of my kids schools hasn't sent out such a form, but if it's true that they can get easy money, I'll call them up.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:38 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
They don't.

I agree with the pint about drs
But my insurance just paid an insane amount to an urgent care for a covid test.
And it’s became a lucrative business to do testing. Private ppl are doing in their house now. I have no clue how that works...

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 8:40 am
Mothers wrote:
Maybe - but when dealing with the possibility of death or irreversible damage, I’d rather err on the side of caution.

And cause parents to miss work for weeks on end. Not get pay checks.
For some the risk of that is much greater.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 9:05 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Ok, so I just checked. 20% random testing of students and staff/teachers required on weekly basis. Parents must give written consent.

That explains why our local mosdos now have drives to do antibody testing, they need to know who's negative

It's a lot of effort for very unreliable results.

Antibody tests are inaccurate. Antibodies present today may wear off by next week. People may test positive for the virus long after infection.

These games. Confused

Mothers

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 9:11 am
youngishbear wrote:
It's a lot of effort for very unreliable results.

Antibody tests are inaccurate. Antibodies present today may wear off by next week. People may test positive for the virus long after infection.

These games. Confused

This is for COVID testing not antibody testing.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 9:12 am
Mothers wrote:
This is for COVID testing not antibody testing.

I was responding to blonde's comment about antibody testing drives.

Mothers

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 9:19 am
youngishbear wrote:
I was responding to blonde's comment about antibody testing drives.

What is required in the schools (including public schools), however, is COVID testing - not antibody testing. Antibody testing is being encouraged by the yeshivos separately, but is not required by the City and/or State.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 9:28 am

The form I received made it clear that we didn’t have to comply but that the school was under pressure from the state to do testing in order to stay open.

I want the school to stay open as well, and I want to do it safely.

Which rav is against it? I know one of the Roshei yeshiva is anti vax and his grandkids likely won’t get tested. That has zero application to what I do with my own kids.

wiki

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 10:24 am
I was thrilled that my kids' school is starting regular random testing of classes. Testing is one way that we can keep more of society open with fewer outbreaks of the virus. Widespread testing will prevent the stray positive case here-or-there from turning into the outbreaks our community was seeing over the Yamim Noraim.

I'm also thrilled to hear rumors here that the testing would be saliva-based. Highly accurate saliva-based testing got FDA approval just a few weeks ago. It's a technology produced by Yale for the NBA bubble, and the NBA players used this method daily. Any mass testing in schools should definitely use saliva testing. I really hope this is what I'll find at our school's testing event on Sunday.

As for schools getting paid, I'm pretty sure that federal government is covering the cost of testing, which means that our insurance might earn around $60 and the doctor might earn $150 per test. I think that's an insane amount of money per test, but the school is NOT making money off of this.

At the end of the day, the money is coming from the federal debt and from the taxpayers and going to doctors. But at least it won't cost us or the school any extra money.

lopman29

Post Fri, Oct 16 2020, 11:35 am
For those who are worried about the nasal swab being painful I wouldn’t worry too much ... they are more interested in another “ body” testing negative than making sure the swab reaches the Back of the nasopharynx it’s going to be a very bedieved test and off course the donation they are going to get from the heimishe company that administers the test and the heimishe lab that’s going to run the test. I doubt the test will go to quest or labcorp more likely empire city Labs.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics