Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
BDE: Mayer Rispler dies of Covid19
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:11 am
Oh Mama Bear, that's so heartbreaking. I hope that in his memory people will take it seriously.

As for the guy who "informed", I would think that he needs a place to hide as well.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:16 am
southernbubby wrote:
Where do these sick people get the strength to go places? We can now legally leave the house according to the health department nurse who called a few days ago but I have to save my strength. She told us that we had to wait until 10 days after the start of symptoms and be afebrile for 24 hours. I still wouldn't waste my energy and may start with walking up and down the driveway.

I know a lot of younger people who had it recently and they had much milder cases. Some only felt sick for 24-48 hours. But I dont know anyone who was sick who didnt quarantine the full time. Hopefully that poster is wrong about so many people doing that.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:27 am
Notsobusy wrote:
I know a lot of younger people who had it recently and they had much milder cases. Some only felt sick for 24-48 hours. But I dont know anyone who was sick who didnt quarantine the full time. Hopefully that poster is wrong about so many people doing that.

And I heard the opposite - that most people who are getting it now are really sick.

My family had it in March and we all just had low grade fever for a day or two, but other symptoms such as shortness of breath and headaches that lingered.

Many who are getting it now are really sick - fever for over a week, etc...

What's spooky about this virus is that everyone gets different symptoms and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. We know older people who were asymptomatic, and younger people who were sick in bed for two weeks. And of course, older people who got very sick, and younger people who just got a headache. It just seems so random....

youngishbear

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:39 am
Mama Bear wrote:
1) Mr. Rispler was paranoid and terrified of catching this virus. He wore a mask long after everyone stopped wearing them. He was so careful not to go anywhere. He finally let his guard down in Sept and attended an event, maskless bc he was giving a speech on the podium. Supposedly he caught it there. which is so tragic bc he'd been so careful. How long do people have to put their lives on hold and never attend events? It's so scary.

2) The Satmar wedding thing is a horrible mess, bc there were never going to be 10,000 people there. Some moser went and turned it into a whole blown-up thing. They had to change the location and go underground. It's gonna be a smaller event than planned; but it was never gonna have 10,000 people. And the location was even announced on CBS TV! So irreponsible -- any loony with a weapon can ch'v show up and do something bad. ugh.

In most sane places around the world, there aren't events being held where the masses are gathering maskless to listen to speakers on podiums.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:42 am
Can you just stop bickering for FIVE minutes and Do something nice as a zechus for this special man instead?!?? I can’t anymore!!!!! Just stop!!!!

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:47 am
Mama Bear wrote:
1) Mr. Rispler was paranoid and terrified of catching this virus. He wore a mask long after everyone stopped wearing them. He was so careful not to go anywhere. He finally let his guard down in Sept and attended an event, maskless bc he was giving a speech on the podium. Supposedly he caught it there. which is so tragic bc he'd been so careful. How long do people have to put their lives on hold and never attend events? It's so scary.

2) The Satmar wedding thing is a horrible mess, bc there were never going to be 10,000 people there. Some moser went and turned it into a whole blown-up thing. They had to change the location and go underground. It's gonna be a smaller event than planned; but it was never gonna have 10,000 people. And the location was even announced on CBS TV! So irreponsible -- any loony with a weapon can ch'v show up and do something bad. ugh.

A very large wedding during a pandemic is incredibly irresponsible. But you know that. It shouldn't happen. And I will call it out because it's entirely inappropriate.

Very sorry for the huge loss in your community.

Last edited by gold21 on Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:56 am
Mama Bear wrote:

So only 1,000 maskless people, and not 10,000 maskless people? That makes it ok?

What part of not having large gatherings is so hard to understand. And if anything, a leader should be setting an example for his people to follow. So much more responsibility rests on a leader's shoulders, and they sure well know it. If the Rebbe would make a chasunah with you just 30-50 people around, his followers would follow. If the Rebbe is going underground and doing what he is not supposed to, well then, what do you expect from his followers?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 12:58 am
flowerpower wrote:
Can you just stop bickering for FIVE minutes and Do something nice as a zechus for this special man instead?!?? I can’t anymore!!!!! Just stop!!!!

Stop caring about the people I love in the community I love? You think those of us tearing our hair out in frustration over the idiocy in the community want to fight? I for one don't even understand why we are fighting at all. Just do the right thing. Say a leili nishmas when you put on that mask. Say an extra kapitel when you're forced to stay home from work because a family member has symptoms that may be Covid and you're waiting for a test. Do the right thing for the love of everything that's holy

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:04 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
As long as they want to stay alive?

which is basically for the rest of eternity?
So basically life as we know it is canceled. No events can ever take place. Bc this virus is NOT GONNA GO AWAY FOR A WHILE.
There's a limit to how long a person can just stay locked in their house before they start going loony.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:04 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Stop caring about the people I love in the community I love? You think those of us tearing our hair out in frustration over the idiocy in the community want to fight? I for one don't even understand why we are fighting at all. Just do the right thing. Say a leili nishmas when you put on that mask. Say an extra kapitel when you're forced to stay home from work because a family member has symptoms that may be Covid and you're waiting for a test. Do the right thing for the love of everything that's holy

This specific post was not posted so everyone can argue whether Wearing masks Work or people with symptoms should parade the streets. Start a spinoof post to enlighten the clueless crowd. A special person just sadly passed away. Say bde and a Kapital tehillim lilu nishmas R Mier Zelig. Okay?!

flowerpower

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:05 am
Mama Bear wrote:
So basically life as we know it is canceled. No events can ever take place. Bc this virus is NOT GONNA GO AWAY FOR A WHILE.
There's a limit to how long a person can just stay locked in their house before they start going loony.

Loony definitely arrived already!!

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:07 am
Mama Bear wrote:

If the other people at these types of events made an effort to mask up (especially knowing that an individual at the event is worried about catching it) and be a little socially distant (forget 6 feet- just don't shake hands or get in each other's faces) then worried people could leave their homes.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:08 am
youngishbear wrote:
In most sane places around the world, there aren't events being held where the masses are gathering maskless to listen to speakers on podiums.

to be fair, this event was held in late early september, when the notion of a 'second wave' was not even a reality. There were 0 cases in williamsburg at that point. Now is a different story; Mr. Rispler would probably not attend any events at this point in time. It was a false sense of security.... sadly.

May have rest in lechtigen gan eden.

A gitta voch.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:08 am
flowerpower wrote:
Loony definitely arrived already!!

Who is Loony? Of course people should leave their homes.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:09 am
Mama Bear wrote:

We'll have a vaccine soon enough. People need to wear masks until we have an effective vaccine. Live your life but do it with masks. What's so hard about wearing masks.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:09 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Why?

Pandemics don't last forever.

Dozens of vaccines are in various testing phases. New treatments are being explored.

In most of the world, normalcy doesn't exist right now, and is not expected to resume for about 2 years.

That's not forever.

Meanwhile, we can have events, but really small ones, with remote participation, outdoor seating, etc. This is not a black or white world. There are lots of options in between.

But I think flowerpower is right that this conversation is not appropriate on this thread.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:10 am
Mama Bear wrote:

So that's why the guidelines for masks and SD were initiated. People can't (and shouldn't) stay locked in their homes. So they've come up with guidelines to find a balance between saving lives and allowing people to continue living lives.

But, no, we can't do that much either. We don't want to wear masks, we don't want to do SD, we want to hold large gatherings, we do want to have large weddings and so on . We don't want to make any adjustments, but we want all of our demands met!!

The arrogance that we are displaying is just mind boggling!

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:10 am
Mama Bear wrote:
to be fair, this event was held in late early september, when the notion of a 'second wave' was not even a reality. There were 0 cases in williamsburg at that point. Now is a different story; Mr. Rispler would probably not attend any events at this point in time. It was a false sense of security.... sadly.

May have rest in lechtigen gan eden.

A gitta voch.

Very sad.

I was referring to the wedding scheduled during an outbreak, not to the event where Mr Rispler caught the virus.

Anyways, good night.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:11 am
gold21 wrote:
If the other people at these types of events made an effort to mask up (especially knowing that an individual at the event is worried about catching it) and be a little socially distant (forget 6 feet- just don't shake hands or get in each other's faces) then worried people could leave their homes.

Masks don’t help. So many studies show that. I just watched a 12 minute video from 50 drs talking. They all said the same thing.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Masks don’t help. So many studies show that. I just watched a 12 minute video from 50 drs talking. They all said the same thing.

Can you link to these studies? I don't trust videos. I evaluate information on my own.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics