Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
BDE: Mayer Rispler dies of Covid19
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:13 am
Mama Bear wrote:
to be fair, this event was held in late early september, when the notion of a 'second wave' was not even a reality. There were 0 cases in williamsburg at that point. Now is a different story; Mr. Rispler would probably not attend any events at this point in time. It was a false sense of security.... sadly.

May have rest in lechtigen gan eden.

A gitta voch.

Because the oilem smoked the hope dope.

It was never really over. I didn't stop wearing masks from when I started. We kept hearing about cases from people's summer travels. Chasunos in August in BP were known to be spreader events.

I blame our community and our leaders. We should have learned a lesson from purim and not let our guard down. we should have protected vulnerable people better. We still aren't doing what we should.

My heart is so tired.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:17 am
gold21 wrote:
Can you link to these studies? I don't trust videos. I evaluate information on my own.

There is no such video. If there is, it is probably from before we understood how much presymptomatic and asymptomatic spread plays as well as superspreading. That being said, there are people who take advantage of volunerable, conspiracy theorists. I personally know a retired doctor who posts anti vaccine youtube videos because she makes over $100k annually from them but she fully supporta vaccines and the science behind them lol.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:17 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Masks don’t help. So many studies show that. I just watched a 12 minute video from 50 drs talking. They all said the same thing.

Masks do help. And following propaganda videos is no evidence of anything. You can find videos of people saying anything you're looking for. Have you watched the dozens and dozens of videos where doctors do support mask wearing? Stop following propaganda videos, and look into the science of it.

What's the purpose of masks, why were they created. How do the work? Why do doctors and nurses wear them when they're exposed to infectious diseases. Why do immunocompromised patients wear them. Why do surgeons wear them. - And why were they all wearing them during those situations even before COVID arrived?

When you can answer those questions, perhaps then you can make an education decision. Until then, you're just choosing propaganda that fits your agenda.

And I would like an answer to this question - if you're CH"v undergoing invasive surgery, would you want the surgeons, techs and nurses performing your surgery to be wearing masks? If yes, why?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:20 am
Mama Bear wrote:
to be fair, this event was held in late early september, when the notion of a 'second wave' was not even a reality. There were 0 cases in williamsburg at that point. Now is a different story; Mr. Rispler would probably not attend any events at this point in time. It was a false sense of security.... sadly.

A gitta voch.

There was no such thing as 0 cases in Williamsburg, even in September. It's just propaganda that you're all being fed, and that you're all choosing to believe in.

Propaganda is very dangerous, as you can clearly see. If Mr. Rispler would have been told the truth, perhaps he would have never attended that event.

Mothers

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:25 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
There is no such video. If there is, it is probably from before we understood how much presymptomatic and asymptomatic spread plays as well as superspreading. That being said, there are people who take advantage of volunerable, conspiracy theorists. I personally know a retired doctor who posts anti vaccine youtube videos because she makes over $100k annually from them but she fully supporta vaccines and the science behind them lol.

Pretty unethical of her. How could she fully support vaccines and undermine them at the same time?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:25 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
There was no such thing as 0 cases in Williamsburg, even in September. It's just propaganda that you're all being fed, and that you're all choosing to believe in.

Propaganda is very dangerous, as you can clearly see. If Mr. Rispler would have been told the truth, perhaps he would have never attended that event.

Right now people are not getting tested because they don't want the numbers to go up. So they walk around sick instead. Their need to continue life as usual takes away the choice from people who would be more careful to avoid them if they knew. And it costs lives.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:26 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Right now people are not getting tested because they don't want the numbers to go up. So they walk around sick instead. Their need to continue life as usual takes away the choice from people who would be more careful to avoid them if they knew. And it costs lives.

All major chassidisen are doing testing drives and encouraging ppl to test...

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:27 am
Mothers wrote:
Pretty unethical of her. How could she fully support vaccines and undermine them at the same time?

I agree unethical but people take advantage of an opportunity to make money.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:48 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
All major chassidisen are doing testing drives and encouraging ppl to test...

For healthy people.

I live here. I see the local ads and I hear the announcements and I get the robocalls.

Honestly my mind is boggled by the amount of energy wasted on tricking the health department instead of using our yiddishe kep to reduce spread.and save lives

cbsp

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:50 am
For healthy people.

I live here. I see the yiddish ads and I hear the announcements and I get the robocalls.

Honestly my mind is boggled by the amount of energy wasted on tricking the health department instead of using our yiddishe kep to reduce spread.and save lives

Well, if most of the carriers are asymptomatic then doesn't it make sense to test the healthy people?

yksraya

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 1:55 am
For healthy people.

I live here. I see the local ads and I hear the announcements and I get the robocalls.

That's exactly the point. Back then in March/April, almost everyone was contagious and the virus was spreading, but people had no clue if they test positive or not. It was mad!

Now, when people who feel well test, they mostly test negative. That proves the point that the percentage rate is lower than they claim.

Besides, my kids mosdos asked everyone to test, they didn't mention only those who feel well. I heard some mosdos asked only those who feel well should test at their public test drive, as to not get others sick if you feel sick. If sick and testing, go to your Dr and test there.

ChanieMommy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:39 am
Mama Bear wrote:
1) Mr. Rispler was paranoid and terrified of catching this virus. He wore a mask long after everyone stopped wearing them. He was so careful not to go anywhere. He finally let his guard down in Sept and attended an event, maskless bc he was giving a speech on the podium. Supposedly he caught it there. which is so tragic bc he'd been so careful. How long do people have to put their lives on hold and never attend events? It's so scary.

2) The Satmar wedding thing is a horrible mess, bc there were never going to be 10,000 people there. Some moser went and turned it into a whole blown-up thing. They had to change the location and go underground. It's gonna be a smaller event than planned; but it was never gonna have 10,000 people. And the location was even announced on CBS TV! So irreponsible -- any loony with a weapon can ch'v show up and do something bad. ugh.

Why would they go underground?

Why not just limit the event to 50 participants, in order to protect everyone's health?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:43 am
BDE

Nobody can claim to truly know where someone got it from.

Even people who were super careful still got it. Would not blame the victim. Even when it seems "obvious" no one can know for sure and would not make assumptions.

May Hashem Comfort those in need.

Hashem Yishmor.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:31 am
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Masks do help. And following propaganda videos is no evidence of anything. You can find videos of people saying anything you're looking for. Have you watched the dozens and dozens of videos where doctors do support mask wearing? Stop following propaganda videos, and look into the science of it.

What's the purpose of masks, why were they created. How do the work? Why do doctors and nurses wear them when they're exposed to infectious diseases. Why do immunocompromised patients wear them. Why do surgeons wear them. - And why were they all wearing them during those situations even before COVID arrived?

When you can answer those questions, perhaps then you can make an education decision. Until then, you're just choosing propaganda that fits your agenda.

And I would like an answer to this question - if you're CH"v undergoing invasive surgery, would you want the surgeons, techs and nurses performing your surgery to be wearing masks? If yes, why?

I think I'm on the same page.
But there are those who do allege re the bolded that surgical maskes are different from what we laypeople are wearing. I'm still going to continue wearing them. I think I'm going to treat myself to some cute masks today, too.

ChanieMommy

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:41 am
Mama Bear wrote:

A gitta voch.

Who promoted this "false sense of security"?

All over the summer, there were two parties here on Imamother.

One party "promoting a false sense of security" and one party warning it was not over and that public health measures should be respected.

Now, the same people who were in the "promoting a false sense of security" party claim that "it was unavoidable" or "very unfortunate"...

Does not look as if they were ready to learn from their mistakes...

nchr

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:42 am
ChanieMommy wrote:
Who promoted this "false sense of security"?

All over the summer, there were two parties here on Imamother.

One party "promoting a false sense of security" and one party warning it was not over and that public health measures should be respected.

Now, the same people who were in the "promoting a false sense of security" party claim that "it was unavoidable" or "very unfortunate"...

Does not look as if they were ready to learn from their mistakes...

To be fair, many people have changed now. Many poeple in my community did not really ever think there would be more COVID19 cases and are believers now and admit they were surprised.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:47 am
ChanieMommy wrote:
Why would they go underground?

Why not just limit the event to 50 participants, in order to protect everyone's health?

They have to go underground to prevent it from becoming a media spectacle and so that people don't show up uninvited. Why is that hard to understand?

cbsp

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:51 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I think I'm on the same page.
But there are those who do allege re the bolded that surgical maskes are different from what we laypeople are wearing. I'm still going to continue wearing them. I think I'm going to treat myself to some cute masks today, too.

This.

I wanted to say this on the mask thread but I can't find it now.

The correct mask worn correctly works.

Anything else is a feel good measure done for optics that may be causing more harm because of the bacteria and other germs that accumulate. The majority of the lay population is not wearing their masks the way medical professionals are (your doctor is putting on a new mask before each new encounter, is trained not to keep touching their face, etc).

And I say this as a mask wearer. My kids' allergist who is also an immunologist keeps bemoaning the fact that the masks are making things worse for a variety of reasons.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:24 am
I have no problem wearing a mask. I do it gladly.
I do have a problem with weddings having to be postponed for a year or whatever until there's a vaccine which enough ppl take and the numbers go down. (it will still take a while.)
My best friend is marrying off her long-awaited child today. It's not a 'mass event' but it's still a wedding with a few 100 ppl in attendance.
I'm going to go.
Without a mask.
And I'm going to hug my friend.
She presumably had covid about 3 weeks ago.
She can't give it to me, and she can't catch it from me either (if by some fluke I have it for a 2nd time asyompatomatically).

Last edited by Mama Bear on Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

nchr

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 10:25 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I have no problem wearing a mask. I do it gladly.
I do have a problem with weddings having to be postponed for a year or whatever until there's a vaccine which enough ppl take and the numbers go down. (it will still take a while.)
My best friend is marrying off her long-awaited child today. It's not a 'mass event' but it's still a wedding with a few 100 ppl in attendance.
I'm going to go.
Without a mask.
And I'm going to hug my friend.
She got over the virus 3 weeks ago.
She can't give it to me, and she can't catch it from me either (if by some fluke I have it for a 2nd time asyompatomatically).

Ok but in reality if everyone in attendance was wearing a mask, you would as well, right? You're not anti masks in theory just go with the flow, correct?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics