Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
BDE: Mayer Rispler dies of Covid19
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:28 am
nchr wrote:
Ok but in reality if everyone in attendance was wearing a mask, you would as well, right? You're not anti masks in theory just go with the flow, correct?

of course. I am NOT anti mask. I wear it gladly, for the optics only.
If no one at the wedding is wearing one I won't either, obviously.
Today I took my son to his bus stop, I wore a mask. Was the only Jewish person out with one.
I wore it so the non Jewish people who passed me should see that some of us are still 'following' the 'rules'.
It's all for the show. But I do it without compunctions.
Where I dont have to wear it, I don't.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:30 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I have no problem wearing a mask. I do it gladly.
I do have a problem with weddings having to be postponed for a year or whatever until there's a vaccine which enough ppl take and the numbers go down. (it will still take a while.)
My best friend is marrying off her long-awaited child today. It's not a 'mass event' but it's still a wedding with a few 100 ppl in attendance.
I'm going to go.
Without a mask.
And I'm going to hug my friend.
She presumably had covid about 3 weeks ago.
She can't give it to me, and she can't catch it from me either (if by some fluke I have it for a 2nd time asyompatomatically).

In May, it was about schools opening.
In summer it was about sleepaway camps.
Now it's about chassenes...

Your attitude is exactly the same in March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October...

It did not change in the least...

And when people die "Hashem wanted to end their days"...

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:30 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I do have a problem with weddings having to be postponed for a year or whatever until there's a vaccine which enough ppl take and the numbers go down. (it will still take a while.)
My best friend is marrying off her long-awaited child today. It's not a 'mass event' but it's still a wedding with a few 100 ppl in attendance.
I'm going to go.
Without a mask.
She can't give it to me, and she can't catch it from me either (if by some fluke I have it for a 2nd time asyompatomatically).

Alrighty.. cool. A relatively young guy in my neighborhood just passed away from covid. Apparently he caught it at a wedding.

Mazal Tov.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Your attitude is exactly the same in March, April, May, Jun, July, August, September, October...

It did not change a yota...

Huh?

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Your attitude is exactly the same in March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October...

It did not change in the least...

OK, yeah, good point- stop wearing seatbelts and car seats are stupid too, by the way.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:33 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I'm going to go.
Without a mask.

That's all fine, Mama Bear, as long as older people or people who are high risk stay away. I hope they do.

Mama Bear

amother [ Coral ] wrote:
There was no such thing as 0 cases in Williamsburg, even in September. It's just propaganda that you're all being fed, and that you're all choosing to believe in.

Propaganda is very dangerous, as you can clearly see. If Mr. Rispler would have been told the truth, perhaps he would have never attended that event.

Then maybe he would have caught it in shul on RH, YK, or ST....
I dont think anyone isolated themselves over Tishrei out of fear. A lot of ppl caught it in shul.
He is the first person to pass away from this 2nd wave in Wmsbg. and I daven that he is the last, and everyone else have a refuah sheleima.

amother
OP

gold21 wrote:
Alrighty.. cool. A relatively young guy in my neighborhood just passed away from covid. Apparently he caught it at a wedding.

Mazal Tov.

Also: in summer, there was this tragic car accident with a family driving to a wedding... Too sad, a horrible event...

everyone is shocked.

If now, as a result of all those chassenes, a dozen persons die of Covid, no-one cares...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:35 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I dont think anyone isolated themselves over Tishrei out of fear. A lot of ppl caught it in shul.
He is the first person to pass away from this 2nd wave in Wmsbg. and I daven that he is the last, and everyone else have a refuah sheleima.

Didn't you ever hear of the concept of "hishtadus"????

What you say here is so horribly cynical! Can't you hear yourself?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:36 am
gold21 wrote:

Mazal Tov.

There's absolutely no way to know where he caught it. It feels good to blame. And let's say he did catch it at a wedding, why was he at a wedding? This is just as much on him. We need to remember that Hashem is in control, even if some people tend to think they're in control. People don't die unless Hashem decreed it.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Didn't you ever hear of the concept of "hishtadus"????

What you say here is so horrible cynical! Can't you hear yourself?

So many people follow their social groups blindly, it's scary to see how easily people's minds are swayed by their leaders and peers. This cuts across all religious and social spectrums. It's quite a scary synopsis on human behavior.

GetReal

Mama Bear wrote:

Here no one isolated over yom tov out of fear. They davened in smaller minyanim with masks and SD out of love for their fellow Jews. Instead of saying people would anyway catch it and die at minyan, they tried to make minyan as safe as possible.

Last edited by GetReal on Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

amother [ Brown ] wrote:
There's absolutely no way to know where he caught it. It feels good to blame. And let's say he did catch it at a wedding, why was he at a wedding? This is just as much on him. We need to remember that Hashem is in control, even if some people tend to think they're in control. People don't die unless Hashem decreed it.

So I'm allowed to kill somebody, because even if I try to kill him, he won't die unless hashem decreed it?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I'm allowed to kill somebody, because even if I try to kill him, he won't die unless hashem decreed it?

Oh god, there's no use explaining it to people that think they're in charge.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:40 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

He went to a wedding, there was an outbreak associated with the wedding, that's where the family believes he caught it, apparently, because he was careful otherwise.

Why was he at a wedding? I guess he didn't consider himself high risk and the numbers were very low at the time. This was just after the summer break, when numbers were very very low. Makes sense to me.

GetReal

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:41 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

The same Hashem who decrees when people die tells us to make a fence around a dangerous roof. To do our part to maintain health and safety.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:41 am
gold21 wrote:
He went to a wedding, there was an outbreak associated with the wedding, that's where the family believes he caught it, apparently, because he was careful otherwise.

Why was he at a wedding? I guess he didn't consider himself high risk and the numbers were very low at the time. This was just after the summer break, when numbers were very very low. Makes sense to me.

Unfortunately a lot of people caught the coronavirus at weddings over the summer. My understanding is that the problem with weddings is that you have people from many communities mingling.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:42 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:

Cool, now call me when it comes time for your kids shidduchim. Don't hide any family issues and don't stuff the skeletons into the closet. Just be an open book, Hashem runs the world, He can find shidduchim for your children without any efforts on your part.

(There's a difference between doing hishtadlus and believing you're in charge)

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:43 am
GetReal wrote:
The same Hashem who decrees when people die tells us to make a fence around a dangerous roof. To do our part to maintain health and safety.

There are people that took every single precaution, the wore masks and SD, they were so careful, people that never left the house, and they died. Yet there are people that don't take any precautions and they didnt get sick. No one knows how this virus works. Hashem is trying to show us that he's in charge, we're just not letting him.

gold21

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 7:45 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
There are people that took every single precaution, the wore masks and SD, they were so careful, people that never left the house, and they died. Yet there are people that don't take any precautions and they didnt get sick. No one knows how this virus works. Hashem is trying to show us that he's in charge, we're just not letting him.

I can't say I agree because all the people I know who are super careful (older people) have not caught it, B"H.

But yes, I agree that Hashem is in charge. 2020 has certainly shown us that! Ain Od Milvado!

I also agree that many people follow their social groups blindly and don't employ critical thinking skills as often as they should. It's sad, guys.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics