Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
To get makeup done or do it myself?
Previous  1  2

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, it would make me more comfortable - but wouldn't it be kind of awkward to contact a makeup artist and ask if they've had Covid already?

I dont think its such a crazy request. And if they live in New York there is a good chance the answer will be yes.

At the end of the day this is a question of your comfort level.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:49 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Its not just masks. Its the risk of cross-contamination from products that have not been properly sterilized.

Start watching You Tube tutorials and practicing on yourself. With 3 months lead time, you should be proficient by time of the wedding.

Especially if you're not into exaggerated false eyelashes and winged liner.

I did this in about 2 months. Buy products from sites with good return policies, though by now stores are open so you can go in person. Places like Sephora don't let you try in store, but you can buy and return easily.

I focused on applying long-lasting foundation to last the entire night, a little bit of natural-looking contouring, experimented with blush placement, and practicing one specific eye look.

I also made sure to avoid products that give flashback in photos. Products with spf can do that, as well as certain powders.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 9:52 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I dont think its such a crazy request. And if they live in New York there is a good chance the answer will be yes.

When I was considering hiring someone, I wanted to go as far as asking the artist for a list of tools and products to buy so she can use mine instead of stuff that she used on other people.

Reality

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's not really so possible to wear a mask when someone is doing your makeup...

I'm still so torn!

Lol! You are right!! Sorry about that!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 18 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

I live in NY and haven't had Covid yet, nor have the rest of my family members. Only about 20% of NYers tested positive for antibodies, and as we can see from the second wave, there are many people who either didn't have it or are getting it again. So that's a lav davka.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics